Animation followed by animation followed by animation followed by animation followed by animation fo

sutoLkcalB
sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
Oh boys,
how often do we need to request an option to disable the animations?
With every release the game freezes under different conditions - but it is always while trying to execute an animation.
For experienced players the sound and animations are only annoyances which in best case slow down the game; in worst case it freezes the game.

Speaking of slowing down the game:
I have the feeling that some "steps" are slower than before.
The start screen of a match for example takes longer to appear.
Converting gems with spells takes a pause after the change - why? I can not remember the original gems to control that the game really changed 10 non-green gems into green gems. And I do not want to check it.
Because of increasing gem-abilities the games slows down earlier then before - it seems to have an issue when several different animations have to run in parallel?
Because of the zooming effect when hitting the picture of a card - the overall game slows down - as I hit the picture on accident too often. I did always touch the screen in the upper region to make the animation go away where possible (for example when tokens come into play). So I do hit the upper region whenever I want to get rid of a card details window. But now I hit always the picture and this slows me down. I am just waiting for a game freeze here too.

There were more items which are slower than before - but I can not remember them currently.
Bottom line is that the game is slowing down instead of getting faster. And the game still freezes under certain conditions.

You know there a open source gaming platforms on PC for collectible card games?
They come w/o animations and work fine.
The only "disadvantage" is that you need other humans to play. But hey, that makes more fun then playing against an AI!
You can even build your own card set. And ......

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Theres also one particular TCG on the PC and mobile which is known for being really rewarding  and is VERY well made. 
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    I'm pretty sure that the explore animations have become slower in the latest patch. I'm not certain if anything else has also slowed down. Token/explore decks are painfully slow, ESPECIALLY with huatli 2
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Every gem-changing animation takes longer now, explore is part of that. There's also the weird black pause before every battle, it always makes me think something has gone wrong.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Just let us turn off token cards or something, if they can't figure out how to make one token card come up with a "x12" or whatever on it...
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Oh god, I just played Part the Waterveil in the Terrors event and what do you know, I have to tap my screen for every single Island. If I remember correctly, this had been fixed at some point.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tilwin90 said:
    Oh god, I just played Part the Waterveil in the Terrors event and what do you know, I have to tap my screen for every single Island. If I remember correctly, this had been fixed at some point.
    You don't have to tap for every token, it just takes longer for the animation to go away if you don't.

And that fix was undone when they started counting reinforcements.  We've asked a few times for them to bring it back but to no avail
  • BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    +1
    Do not get me started on decks with path of discovery. Every time I see that card drop I feel anxious. I gotta finish before the tokens start dropping or find my support removal as quickly as possible. usually, it's too late and I have to wait an hour for all the animations to complete.
    I want this, of all cards, to be changed. The explore effect should only count for the first dropped creature, or only for hard casted creatures.

• thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Just gonna go ahead and bump this. H2 is one of my most favoritest walkers mana-wise, color-wise, and ability-wise. She’s also my newest acquisition so I’m a little late to this vent sesh.

I seriously find myself dreading or altogether avoiding using her to the best of her abilities because it’s just the most painfully slow experience in the world. All I wanna do with her is ramp up and unload my hand every turn but 20 minutes into the process I find myself regretting the decision to use her once again.

I mean, POD in general is painfully slow. I’ve been known to just walk away from my phone for a while if I’m facing an N4 and she throws out one of those. Add H2’s 15-second loyalty gains for every single 3-match and it’s really just the worst. 

I don’t think we should change how any of these cards or abilities should *work* - but there’s seriously no reason for such drawn-out animations for things like this.

Please send help!

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Just gonna go ahead and bump this. H2 is one of my most favoritest walkers mana-wise, color-wise, and ability-wise. She’s also my newest acquisition so I’m a little late to this vent sesh.

I seriously find myself dreading or altogether avoiding using her to the best of her abilities because it’s just the most painfully slow experience in the world. All I wanna do with her is ramp up and unload my hand every turn but 20 minutes into the process I find myself regretting the decision to use her once again.

I mean, POD in general is painfully slow. I’ve been known to just walk away from my phone for a while if I’m facing an N4 and she throws out one of those. Add H2’s 15-second loyalty gains for every single 3-match and it’s really just the worst. 

I don’t think we should change how any of these cards or abilities should *work* - but there’s seriously no reason for such drawn-out animations for things like this.

Please send help!

A J2 deck centered around BSZ is almost as bad if you have 3 creatures and his ult out. The super slow animation for the ult giving each creature +4/+4 every time you draw a card is almost reason not to use him like you said with H2. And it's going to get worse when they fix Djinn wishes in 3.1 and you trigger draw effects for those like you're supposed to.
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Agreed! J2 is another favorite of mine but I find myself using his ult as a last resort. Before I had BSZ I used Day’s Undoing with him and they’re both a “go do something else while you wait for one little spell to resolve” kinda thing.

H2 was just one example of a larger trigger over-animation nightmare.
  • Shaaw
    Shaaw Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I also find the animations to be irritating when playing certain decks. For a plane jane deck its fine but when playing something that makes lots of tokens  copies cards, changes gems  or energizes anything, it's just tedious .
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    What a shame.
    Instead of reducing the animation frenzy - more animations were added.
    Now I have to wait until the animations for reducing my mana count are finished.
    Please - when will I be abled to disable animations in MTGPQ?
  • Nyarlathotep
    Nyarlathotep Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Am i the only one who is actually really amused by that? 
     :D 
    As long Aas i play this game, i visit the forum at least three days a week.
    Even back when i did not even bother to make an account here the people always wanted faster games, less animations, less waiting and they were so damn clear about that, too. 

This must be a late april's fool or something.
    Nd even tho i hate every second i lose to those animations, i have to smile every single time. 
    It is just hillarious, that they do the exact opposite of what the majority of the speaking / writing playerbase wants. 
    Don't the devs realize that we sort of pay for their life?
    What the actual eff has to happen? 
    And please dont come up with a card visual aid 2.0.
    That did not really help with anything. Thanks for that!

• BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    management above their pay grade keeps coming in and demanding something

Literally, the problem with anything technical in nature.

Quite possibly the problem with the world.

• ker93
    ker93 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2019
    You dont need to reduce animations if it will be a complex technical  problem.
    But mabe you could speed up all the  animations in battle.
    I used some software to speed up the game and it feels so good,but of cause the software will crash after few battles.
    So,I hope we could switch speed in the game setting.
    I played the game for 2 years.Now I'm afk only because that the game is too slow to swallow my time.
    Many friends of mine also feel like this:Good game,Bad
    experience.
    I hope you will make the game better,Thx