Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

Pile of bricks vs. Fiery one

qandolsqandols Posts: 629 Critical Contributor
Champed Thing. Got off one Clobbering time and later a Yancy street special. Down Johnny goes. Easy one.

Comments

• DogfaceDogface Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Honestly, when you got the essential champed it should never be a hard task. I'd rather hear from people who beat him with an undercovered Thing and how they did it. But still kudos to you.
  • Steel_ColtSteel_Colt Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 2,896 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 279 Thing, re-specced to 5/3/5, first try, with no boosts. Slow board for both of us, lots of yellow and purple and blue. I took a Fireball and a couple of turns of Flame Jet, but then it was Clobberin' Time, and shortly after that, I showed Johnny boy how we roll over on Yancy St.
    Token was a 4Thor champ level.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unusually easy. Got lots of reds early, stunned Torch, and wore him down.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,378 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 273 5/3/5 Pile of Bricks

I remembered to respec and took +2 Red/Green/All with me and still lost the first match. There was no red and the green fell into place for Johnny like Tetris - he denied me any of it. His damaging green repeater got placed right into the bottom right corner where I couldn't get to it and he just whittled me down. i never got a single power off.

The second time I had better board luck and got him. Token to the post-Loki hoard.
  • LoosieLoosie Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    My lvl 131 2/3/1 Thing seems to be just too weak. My first battle was the closest, but he got some lucky red drops and beat with a final Fireball.

I've tried 5 times so far never getting closer than the first try. Will probably try a few times over the next few days.
  • skittledaddyskittledaddy Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Champed Thing, Level 272.
    Forgot to re-spec, as well. No Boosts.
    Lots of Red on the board but Torch hardly took any. I took it all and clobbered him into submission.

LLT = 4* StarLord, inching him closer to champ status (now 4/5/2)
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,151 Chairperson of the Boards
    First Try: Level 188 5/5/3: I was reduced to rubble on the first attempt - I didn't manage to launch one power.
    Second Try: Level 188 5/5/3: Very close. I managed to land two red punches, and had him down to just over 1,000HP before he fried me to death.
    Third Try: I decided I'd probably need Thing at 209 some day, so I decided today was the day. Level 209 Thing got things done with no muss, no fuss.

My reward was a champ level for Captain Marvel - always a welcome sight, as she's my go-to hero any time I don't have two boosted 4-stars available in PvP.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 2,473 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 8 year old decided it was time to take on a Crash of the Titans and did so with a 5/2/5 Lvl 170 Thing. I have no idea what he did but he handed me back my tablet, said "You're welcome" and there was a shiny LT waiting. As he won it, he got to open it and bagged a Kitty purple. I suspect I may be getting replaced...
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    My 8 year old decided it was time to take on a Crash of the Titans and did so with a 5/2/5 Lvl 170 Thing. I have no idea what he did but he handed me back my tablet, said "You're welcome" and there was a shiny LT waiting. As he won it, he got to open it and bagged a Kitty purple. I suspect I may be getting replaced...
    Sounds like he broke the circuit...
  • Milk JugzMilk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018

Token gave me a Thoress yellow (okay cool) + BH which was set to the last 4* i didnt have. So now i have all 2* to 4* rostered (except bag man, who doesnt exist). Yay milestone!

So now im feeling happy, proud and accomplished. What a way to start the morning! :)
    You can only earn Bagman from versus victories
    Milk Jugz said:

Token gave me a Thoress yellow (okay cool) + BH which was set to the last 4* i didnt have. So now i have all 2* to 4* rostered (except bag man, who doesnt exist). Yay milestone!

So now im feeling happy, proud and accomplished. What a way to start the morning! :)
    You can only earn Bagman from versus victories
    I think he might also get a vault for when Bags to Riches runs? Could be wrong though.
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 2,896 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure Ed was just saying that he cares so little about Bagman that he just ignores him, and considers him to not exist.
  • Ed_DragonriderEd_Dragonrider Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Lol, what Ed was trying to say actually: is that no matter how much pvp i play i never get a bagman. Its just not happening. Not a single cover. Oh well....
    Lol, what Ed was trying to say actually: is that no matter how much pvp i play i never get a bagman. Its just not happening. Not a single cover. Oh well....
    Well wait for April Fools Day, you normally gets lot of Baggy associated uhm I want to say goodness but that isn't quite right..so uhm stuff...yeah April.