Pile of bricks vs. Fiery one

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Champed Thing. Got off one Clobbering time and later a Yancy street special. Down Johnny goes. Easy one.

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, when you got the essential champed it should never be a hard task. I'd rather hear from people who beat him with an undercovered Thing and how they did it. But still kudos to you.
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 279 Thing, re-specced to 5/3/5, first try, with no boosts. Slow board for both of us, lots of yellow and purple and blue. I took a Fireball and a couple of turns of Flame Jet, but then it was Clobberin' Time, and shortly after that, I showed Johnny boy how we roll over on Yancy St.
    Token was a 4Thor champ level.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unusually easy. Got lots of reds early, stunned Torch, and wore him down.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 273 5/3/5 Pile of Bricks

I remembered to respec and took +2 Red/Green/All with me and still lost the first match. There was no red and the green fell into place for Johnny like Tetris - he denied me any of it. His damaging green repeater got placed right into the bottom right corner where I couldn't get to it and he just whittled me down. i never got a single power off.

The second time I had better board luck and got him. Token to the post-Loki hoard.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    My lvl 131 2/3/1 Thing seems to be just too weak. My first battle was the closest, but he got some lucky red drops and beat with a final Fireball.

I've tried 5 times so far never getting closer than the first try. Will probably try a few times over the next few days.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Champed Thing, Level 272.
    Forgot to re-spec, as well. No Boosts.
    Lots of Red on the board but Torch hardly took any. I took it all and clobbered him into submission.

LLT = 4* StarLord, inching him closer to champ status (now 4/5/2)
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    First Try: Level 188 5/5/3: I was reduced to rubble on the first attempt - I didn't manage to launch one power.
    Second Try: Level 188 5/5/3: Very close. I managed to land two red punches, and had him down to just over 1,000HP before he fried me to death.
    Third Try: I decided I'd probably need Thing at 209 some day, so I decided today was the day. Level 209 Thing got things done with no muss, no fuss.

My reward was a champ level for Captain Marvel - always a welcome sight, as she's my go-to hero any time I don't have two boosted 4-stars available in PvP.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 8 year old decided it was time to take on a Crash of the Titans and did so with a 5/2/5 Lvl 170 Thing. I have no idea what he did but he handed me back my tablet, said "You're welcome" and there was a shiny LT waiting. As he won it, he got to open it and bagged a Kitty purple. I suspect I may be getting replaced...
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    My 8 year old decided it was time to take on a Crash of the Titans and did so with a 5/2/5 Lvl 170 Thing. I have no idea what he did but he handed me back my tablet, said "You're welcome" and there was a shiny LT waiting. As he won it, he got to open it and bagged a Kitty purple. I suspect I may be getting replaced...
    Sounds like he broke the circuit...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018

Token gave me a Thoress yellow (okay cool) + BH which was set to the last 4* i didnt have. So now i have all 2* to 4* rostered (except bag man, who doesnt exist). Yay milestone!

So now im feeling happy, proud and accomplished. What a way to start the morning! :)
    You can only earn Bagman from versus victories
  • DAZ0273
    Milk Jugz said:

Token gave me a Thoress yellow (okay cool) + BH which was set to the last 4* i didnt have. So now i have all 2* to 4* rostered (except bag man, who doesnt exist). Yay milestone!

So now im feeling happy, proud and accomplished. What a way to start the morning! :)
    You can only earn Bagman from versus victories
    I think he might also get a vault for when Bags to Riches runs? Could be wrong though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure Ed was just saying that he cares so little about Bagman that he just ignores him, and considers him to not exist.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Lol, what Ed was trying to say actually: is that no matter how much pvp i play i never get a bagman. Its just not happening. Not a single cover. Oh well....
  • DAZ0273
    Lol, what Ed was trying to say actually: is that no matter how much pvp i play i never get a bagman. Its just not happening. Not a single cover. Oh well....
    Well wait for April Fools Day, you normally gets lot of Baggy associated uhm I want to say goodness but that isn't quite right..so uhm stuff...yeah April.