Lich's Mastery fails to prevent damage after 3.1 hotfix [Fix in 3.2]

Options
stikxs
stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor

New bug for LM introduced by the hotfix, at some point LM stops preventing any damage. I think from the couple instances I've seen/heard a possible situation is [wild speculation] once a LM enters the GY other ones no longer work [/wild speculation]. I've only used it once myself in a NoP match and it almost cost me the match (Darigaaz dropped me to 1 life point left...), however I think it did work for at least 1 round in that match.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

I tested it after seeing your post. If you cast one the support works as expected, you take 30 damage and lose prevent damage when i breaks.

If you cast it two times and one of the supports breaks, the other does not work - you take 30 damage and lose prevent damage.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    That was a question back when it came out, I didn't have it for a long time so I never really used it and never found out. IMO the 30 life lost should hit you even if you have multiple out, as you said, it's specifically loss (essentially 0/-30) not damage.

But that is not the main deal on this bug though.
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Came here to support stikxs's hypothesis.  Had a LM out, then the discard effect sent another LM to the graveyard (with the one that was cast still on the board).  After that point I was taking damage all over the place, but the card draw upon lifegain was still intact, so it was the worst of both worlds - I could lose life from the opponent, but not gain it back from my own stuff.
  • FiveHats
    FiveHats Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I didn't have this problem after LM's discard effect put another LM in the graveyard. However, I did have the problem after voluntarily exiling another LM from my hand.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This issue should be fixed in the upcoming 3.2 build