Will it affect pvp?

Day 32 player.have 30 roster spots.have spider as 1*.all 2*'s rostered.highest level 2*'s are level 70.(4 of them).now got a 4* captain marvel.can l keep her in my roster at level 70 without levelling her more.she is marked as favourite 4*.
I play mostly pvp.so guys need your advice.
Thanks In advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, you will be OK.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

No problem whatsoever. As I understand it, the matchmaking algorithm mostly looks at the levels of your characters, not their rarity, so Another level 70 character shouldn't make any difference.

Besides, 4* Captain Marvel is one of, if not the best character in the fourstar tier, so even if she had affected your matchmaking she would probably be Worth hanging on to until you leveled up your other characters.

Don't level her though.

• mpqavsmpqavs
    mpqavsmpqavs Posts: 51 Match Maker
    So I will find a spot for her in my roster.thanks guys.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your mmr is based off of the avg of your highest few characters (I've seen that number mentioned as 5 or 3 in the forums, so it's somewhere around that).

Keep in mind that that avg includes boost lists.  Just saying that so you're not surprised when Carol is boosted and you see harder pvp opponents for that week.  

Carol is great.  Since you're starting out, 4* Rocket, Vulture, 3* Stange, Thanos, IM40 will also help newbie rosters.  Good luck, remember it's a marathon, not a sprint  :D
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    MMR tends to ignore un-leveled characters with very few covers. Even when Carol is boosted it should have no effect, as long as you don't invest any ISO into her.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    As you level up and champ 2*s, you could also level up your 3*s and 4*s to be at the same levels without changing your MMR.  BUT, it's best to save your ISO for the current tier you're trying to build, unless you have a really good reason to level up someone from a higher tier.