Should I use saved covers to champ 5* Hawkeye?

dramatist
dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
This morning I got a bonus Kate Bishop to make her level 300 and get a blue Hawkeye. This makes my Hawkeye 5,4,3 with 4 saved covers. 

I have ave wanted to cover Hawkeye for a long time and he has spent much time as my 5* bonus hero. I kept getting purple covers and eventually put the dream on hold. Now I can champ him and have him be 451 or continue to wait for either a blue or red cover to come naturally. 

I’m leaning toward trading the covers but pondering while I get the Iso. 

I know he’s not PvP meta, but I enjoy PvE more and he’s fun there. Also super helpful if they ever run Growth Industry again. 

What should I do?

Comments

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    But you’ll get the next one when Kate gets to 320 right?

BH her and keep pulling?
  • dramatist
    Yes I will get a red I would need after 20 more levels of Kate. I will get there eventually but it will be months. I still might do that, still pondering.
  • lakantanz
    lakantanz Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    I have Jessica at a similar situation right now, bonus heroed and sitting at 5/2/5.  She has 2 saved covers and regardless of what the bonus is (whenever I get it), I will be using it to champ her.

She is a little more current meta than Hawkeye though.

That being said you have 2 out of 3 covers that are potential wins if you have him set as Bonus Hero.  Perhaps you should try your luck that way.  It may beat out 20 levels of Kate!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Without knowing what the rest of your roster looks like, it's hard to give appropriate advice. Hawkeye is fun but by no means an essential fivestar by any means - he can clear out almost any node in PvE with the right support (Coulson!), but he is not fast enough to be important there. I would hang on to the saved covers until you stumble across the last cover naturally - he is one of only Three fivestars that is fed from the twostar level so you should get Kate to 320 sooner or later without too much of a hassle. Couldn't hurt to have Hawkguy as a 3* bonus hero either.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    If champing 5*Hawkeye is going to improve your daily gameplay, then do it ASAP.  3 extra champ levels in the future isn't going to make a big difference.  But champing him now will make a big difference for the next several months.  Plus, you can focus your BH covers on another target during these months too.  I think this tradeoff is certainly worth it.
  • dramatist
    I had Hawkeye as my bonus hero for a long time and when I would get the rare bonus it was always purple. I do have 3* Hawkeye as my pretty much permanent only 3* bonus hero. With Kate Bishop I bonus her when I have all 4*s in tokens with at least 10 covers for shield training. So I've now got Domino as my bonus for awhile.

I have Okoye as my 5* bonus now because she's meta and 4,5,2 with a saved cover. She's important to finish where as Hawkeye is more of a personal project.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    dramatist said:
    I had Hawkeye as my bonus hero for a long time and when I would get the rare bonus it was always purple. I do have 3* Hawkeye as my pretty much permanent only 3* bonus hero. With Kate Bishop I bonus her when I have all 4*s in tokens with at least 10 covers for shield training. So I've now got Domino as my bonus for awhile.

I have Okoye as my 5* bonus now because she's meta and 4,5,2 with a saved cover. She's important to finish where as Hawkeye is more of a personal project.

I agree with the priority there. Are any Okoye covers forthcoming from Shuri's champion rewards soon?
  • dramatist
    No, my Shuri is 286 and Okoye is 4,5,3. It will be ages before Shuri is 320. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hard to give advice on this without more roster  info.