Final Straw

Boogeyman
Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
I am writing this, not as a slam to the devs or team, but to show the reason of my frustration.  Not sure if anyone will listen, but I guess it is here in case anyone cares to look.  

I am done with this game.  Can we design all the fun out with no quality of life for the player?  The animations for some of the next cards are agonizing.  Thopter spy network +  Divine visitation..... The new angel support.  Literally takes 2 minutes to get through all the animations.  

That's the final straw for me, but does not include.... 
1. No Deck slots
2. Agnozing Animations
3. Bad timing on events
4. Bad draws and duplicates
5. Horrible team interface
6. Un-levelable planeswalkers
7. Bugs in every event
8. Overpriced $$ vault, I mean I wanted to buy something, but nothing ever seemed worth it except that 3 pack mythic set.
9. 54 rounds and lose to cascades.. when I am about to finish the BOT on the next turn.
10. Much more. 

I have been playing for 1.5 years...promises to make it better, but resembles more of an abusive relationship than a real progress.  I have over 4000 gold and 1200 gems..350,000 runes that I am leaving on the table.  I have more fear of spending that loot, than actual joy of getting to do so.  The game is not fun, sorry.  

Just wanted air my grievances before I left.  I hope and wish the best for the game and you all.  

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ouch man.  Sorry to see a long time player leaving like this.

What un-levelable planeswalkers are you referring to?  With 350K runes you should have no problem maxing yours out, especially with the new Rising Tensions event (or buying more deck slots, if that's more of an issue for you).

But even still, those are definitely legit reasons to quit.  The lack of attention to detail in this game (even as the big picture things are being done spectacularly well) is very frustrating.
  • Boogeyman
    No, it was not about one planeswalker in general, but I have Bolas on level 50 and Karn on level 32.  It would take nearly all my runes just to level those two fully.  It took A LOT of grinding to get those runes.  I have a fear that if i spend them all, I won't be able to level a planewalker I may need to buy for an event or something.  Do I want to to spend them on an extra deck slot?  Heavens no!  That's not important, but in reality it is very important to quality of life for me.  

The effect it has, is that I do not want to buy new planewalkers.  For instance, the new Eldrazi.  He would take all my 320k of runes by himself, let alone all the other cool planeswalkers available. I hope that makes sense. 

• Mburn7
    Boogeyman said:
    No, it was not about one planeswalker in general, but I have Bolas on level 50 and Karn on level 32.  It would take nearly all my runes just to level those two fully.  It took A LOT of grinding to get those runes.  I have a fear that if i spend them all, I won't be able to level a planewalker I may need to buy for an event or something.  Do I want to to spend them on an extra deck slot?  Heavens no!  That's not important, but in reality it is very important to quality of life for me.  

The effect it has, is that I do not want to buy new planewalkers.  For instance, the new Eldrazi.  He would take all my 320k of runes by himself, let alone all the other cool planeswalkers available. I hope that makes sense. 

Makes total sense.  I haven't really bought any new walkers in ages either for the same reason.  I mean, I already have good options in every color.  Why should I waste resources on new ones I'll barely use?

That being said, you should definitely max out Karn, consequences be damned.  He is a beast.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    I understand. I dont want you to leave but at the same time i do because i too am in the abusive relationship and wish there was a way out. 

Add in Elite pack bait and switch (now 2nd time) and loading times (starting the app alone takes over 1 minute. Starting and ending a match 30 secs each. And then all those small loading times for every screen shift.)
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    jimpark said:
    I understand. I dont want you to leave but at the same time i do because i too am in the abusive relationship and wish there was a way out. 

Add in Elite pack bait and switch (now 2nd time) and loading times (starting the app alone takes over 1 minute. Starting and ending a match 30 secs each. And then all those small loading times for every screen shift.)
    What bait and switch? Yes, they could have outlined what is in each pack in a clearer manner, but as far as I can tell you can see a clear differentiation by viewing the cards by pack. The first time around the cards viewed were not the ones in the pack. We should all have been checking individual pack contents by now specifically because of the previous event. This is not a bait and switch, it’s mildly confusing signage at worst.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,077 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Thats a shame. Best of luck to you guys in your future endeavors. You'll probably be missed a little bit.  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    DumasAG said:
    jimpark said:

What bait and switch? Yes, they could have outlined what is in each pack in a clearer manner, but as far as I can tell you can see a clear differentiation by viewing the cards by pack. The first time around the cards viewed were not the ones in the pack. We should all have been checking individual pack contents by now specifically because of the previous event. This is not a bait and switch, it’s mildly confusing signage at worst.
    Lets just continue here in one area that is actually on topic ;)

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/76051/warning-elite-pack-with-grn-cards-differ-in-content#latest
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I've been playing close to three years and seen many changes. Some have been pretty frustrating so I can easily see why people would choose to quit. Thank you for providing feedback through the forum before leaving. That is rare and thoughtful of you.  While I have been tempted myself at times, I still keep my hand in. Sure I deleted the app from all but one device, and I dropped out of my coalition some time ago, but that was just so I could enjoy some casual playing. I wonder how many old timey players are doing the same? 

• Mburn7
    Fiddler said:

While I have been tempted myself at times, I still keep my hand in. Sure I deleted the app from all but one device, and I dropped out of my coalition some time ago, but that was just so I could enjoy some casual playing. I wonder how many old timey players are doing the same? 

From what I've heard, quite a lot.  I play at about the same level I always have, but am personally much less happy about it.  Game's just getting stale and the excuses are getting old.

But my coalition just had 2 top scorers decide to take a break, and over the year I've been there I've seen easily a dozen old timers decide to drop for a while.  Its a very concerning trend.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Boogeyman said:
    Well, just as an update.  I dropped out of my coalition, but am still playing.  There isn't any other mobile game that keeps my attention.  I guess I "quit" competitively.  

Dropping out of the coalition took some pressure off (winning and time wise).  I also lowered my expectations and am just on idle...collecting daily rewards, but not being competitive, even in the single players events.  

Losing becomes less rage inducing when there isn't anything "on the line".  I am content at the moment.  I did enjoy the update and the new mechanics, even though there are still a lot of bugs.  
    I rant much less now that I've come to accept the bugs , miscues and miscommunications factors of the game. Even with these negatives , the game is much better than a lot out there. I've also built a card base, figured out a formula to maximize crystals/gems and am in a good coalition that I don't need to spend money on this game now. Once I see the game iron out the kinks and show more promise with stability , I'll throw more coin at it.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad you're still playing, even if super casual.

I've been pretty lucky in this set so far, but I can certainly understand how those reasons you listed can be frustrating.   Take a break and carch some air; maybe it's what you need to enjoy playing again, and having fun is the most important part :)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a sidenote...

There are also casual coalitions with no playing requirements, just have to make sure everyone's expectations line up!

• Boogeyman
    Kinesia said:
    As a sidenote...

There are also casual coalitions with no playing requirements, just have to make sure everyone's expectations line up!

You are right.  I am in one with two people now and one doesn't play.  hahahah.  
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2018
    Aeroplane said:

Even with these negatives , the game is much better than a lot out there.
    Unfortunately this is not remotely close to a valid excuse, especially considering how many things get fixed and broken again. Acceptance just breeds half-completed products (though you did say no spending until fixed).

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Kinesia said:
    As a sidenote...

Yup, I think that’s the only reason I still play. I just took a month-long break, and had about a 2-month break at the end of last year. Only reason I came back was for my coalition. They didn’t boot me or ask questions, and we never track play really. I find being in a relaxed but active coalition to be the best part of this game, which is otherwise becoming quite stale (as stated above).