MPQ Sneak Peek: November 2018 Edition *Updated (11/26/18)

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    No sign of rewards for the alliance event?

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No sign of rewards for the alliance event?

Should be announced today, otherwise we will see when the preview goes up in-game tomorrow.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking for 3 things for the next Sneak Peek update.
    1. Story that starts on Sunday.
    2. Versus that starts on Sunday
    3. Crash that follows Sam Wilson, since the 5* H4H offer will expire and the preview H4H offer will vanish since we have a Boss up.
    #3 probably too much to hope for since the next DPD rotation won’t start until Wednesday, but since Sam was never listed here, maybe we can get a jump? Possibly include Tuesday’s Versus as well.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    3. Crash that follows Sam Wilson, since the 5* H4H offer will expire and the preview H4H offer will vanish since we have a Boss up.
    #3 probably too much to hope for since the next DPD rotation won’t start until Wednesday, but since Sam was never listed here, maybe we can get a jump? Possibly include Tuesday’s Versus as well.
    . Yeah, all of the above, except for 3... What? Is Sam Wilson the next one then? On the list is still winter soldier. And mohawk was today, so yeah all of DDQ needs an update i think.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(11/08/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 said:
    . Yeah, all of the above, except for 3... What? Is Sam Wilson the next one then? On the list is still winter soldier. And mohawk was today, so yeah all of DDQ needs an update i think.
    Crash isnt daily essential, but the 1 in 5 days node for LT. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Yes, thank you, but that was obvious :)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Yes, thank you, but that was obvious :)
    Ok, misunderstanding i guess, cause im not sure why you mentioned mohawk..
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    Emma frost again??

how many times is that since realease now, seems like about the 6th time she’s been rewarded possibly more 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emma frost again??

how many times is that since realease now, seems like about the 6th time she’s been rewarded possibly more 
    And she'll keep getting featured until you like her.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    If Emma doesn't end up as a feeder for Kitty, I'm just going to assume that the entire D3 staff is under mind control from the White Queen herself. Just make her the reward for every PVP and PVE event until the next anniversary, why stop now?!?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    If Emma doesn't end up as a feeder for Kitty, I'm just going to assume that the entire D3 staff is under mind control from the White Queen herself. Just make her the reward for every PVP and PVE event until the next anniversary, why stop now?!?
    Emma and kitty actually partner nicely. Emma removing specials with her repeater and kitty putting down the pain with her own special tile overwriter/mini-nuke. Kitty also buffing Emma's own specials.

Emma feeding kitty would be a good match just for the synergy they have.

My Emma is only one cover away from champ status. I just need another yellow or black and she is good to go. I also feel she is a bit underrated.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    So no Kitty feeder and now Cable will be an essential and no feeder for him.  Not even a week after he was in tokens. Any update on this?  @Brigby. Are they not going to give feeders for the new 5* when they are released like the did for 2 and had massive positive feedback from the player base. 
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Emma is horrible. Please choose other characters for rewards. Please don’t make her the Kitty Pryde feeder. Nightcrawler is a more logical choice. They had that whole Excalibur thing together. You should check it out. 
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Emma Frost PvE rewards again?
    Seriously? 
    Feels like every 3rd PvE is Emma.
    I wouldn't mind if she was any good.
    But she's right at the bottom of the pile. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    pfarewell said:
    Emma is horrible. Please choose other characters for rewards. Please don’t make her the Kitty Pryde feeder. Nightcrawler is a more logical choice. They had that whole Excalibur thing together. You should check it out. 
    Emma Frost and Kitty both debuted in the same issue, Emma tried to recruit Kitty to her school (instead of to the Xavier Institute), the Hellfire Club kidnapped some X-Men, and Kitty helped some other X-Men rescue them. Their origins in Marvel Comics are intertwined, and they've hated each other for almost 40 years.

Emma Frost is a perfectly logical choice for a Kitty feeder.
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    pfarewell said:
    Agreed that Nightcrawler SHOULD be Kitty's feeder, which is why I'm worried that he will not be chosen.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    One simple way they could improve Emma Frost would be to make her repeater abilities also fire on the move you cast them.  The power set seems fine: she's just too slow for the repeaters to justify their cost in most matches.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    pfarewell said:
    Agreed that Nightcrawler SHOULD be Kitty's feeder, which is why I'm worried that he will not be chosen.
    Regardless, this is not how they pick feeders. It is the other way around, they have a 4-star they want to be a feeder then they pick who they should feed.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    They do realize that there are 75 4* characters total, right? And that they can pick other characters besides the absolute latest ones save for an older one here and there? If this is their solution to keep new 4s from being diluted then I'd rather see them go to a semi-vaulted system where the latest 12 are in tokens and then each player can choose another 4-8 extra ones to also be included and you would be able to swap them out really easily like bonus heroes.