Fate is Rarely Fair....

Wolfteeth
Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
IS THE WORST.  At least spruce it up with better rewards?  Or a Kaledesh rare at the end?  Instead of the boosters which never have rares in them?  

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just hate the vehicle objective.  Its really hard to summon 5 vehicles in an enraged match and still win, especially with the second objective (and I HATE the 20 or less life one.  Lost twice while stalling out for it because the AI played an Inferno Jet or something)
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Mburn7 said:
    I just hate the vehicle objective.  Its really hard to summon 5 vehicles in an enraged match and still win, especially with the second objective (and I HATE the 20 or less life one.  Lost twice while stalling out for it because the AI played an Inferno Jet or something)
    One vehicle objective would be great.  It is just a super lazy event that was totally phoned in
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's something different.
    It's one of the worst events, yeah, but we haven't had it in ages, so it's cool to have this one instead of Emrakuels twoweekly corruption or nodes of repetition for a change!
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Wolfteeth said:
    IS THE WORST.  At least spruce it up with better rewards?  Or a Kaledesh rare at the end?  Instead of the boosters which never have rares in them?  
    I actually got a Masterpiece this time.
    Lightning Greaves though but still.
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    All of my objectives are exactly the same. This is some next level of laziness. Pretty sure all nodes previously had different objectives. What gives?
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    Brackets are screwed up too .Go figure. Joined well past 1000 .
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the name and what was going on...
    "Fate is rarely fair" was possibly a deliberate "haha, we're all doomed!" from Hibernum...

But things can be fixed... Changing it to "play 3 vehicles" would keep the feel but encourage people to actually _play_ it properly, and it'd be a super easy code change.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Actually for vehicles I don't mind playing 5. Remember that each played reduces costs of following ones. The bad things is that the objective is on each node so if you are using set of vehicles - decks are pretty much identical on each node
  • Mburn7
    Szamsziel said:
    Actually for vehicles I don't mind playing 5. Remember that each played reduces costs of following ones. The bad things is that the objective is on each node so if you are using set of vehicles - decks are pretty much identical on each node
    I would agree with you except for the fact that the event is Enraged.  Even a single 2/2 will often win you the game before you can cast 5 creatures, unless your deck has 5 or 6 in it to start.

And stalling to wait to draw the creatures before casting them is risky because of the enraged as well, since one bad cascade will be an instant-loss
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Enraged is not a big deal. You can easily stall a game. Example: floodwater. You have more time. You also can koth approach (this is example) and put 10 creatures in deck. There are ways to mitigate enrage. Remember also you can disable your own creatures, you can kill them. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brackets were odd. They filled well last 1000, but rewards ended at 1000. 

The objectives for this event are awful — set specific objectives are extremely unfair to anyone who joined the game after that set rotated out. 

Events like this should not be run until these are changed to level the playing field. 

I did not play it, but if I had; I would not have bothered building for objectives. 
  • Mburn7
    bken1234 said:
    Brackets were odd. They filled well last 1000, but rewards ended at 1000. 

The objectives for this event are awful — set specific objectives are extremely unfair to anyone who joined the game after that set rotated out. 

Events like this should not be run until these are changed to level the playing field. 

I did not play it, but if I had; I would not have bothered building for objectives. 
    The bracket issue is the same as Terrors and Emrakul's Corruption.  They were redesigned with smaller brackets, but somehow they no longer have smaller brackets.  Very frustrating.

As for the objectives, you could make the same argument for almost any event, since most (good) events have set specific objectives.  This is a little easier, since there are vehicles that have come out in the newer sets.  Good luck finding new Werewolves or Eldrazi