4* ddq GotG in-fighting: Grocket vs Drax

Easy win for lv 302 5/5/3 Grocket. Just let extra match damage do the heavy lifting .Placed a late cd tile for added effect.

LT gave purple Emma Frost making her 2/2/3

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am Groot.  I am Groot.  I am Groot.  I AM GROOT!

(Translated for those of you who didn't take Groot as an elective on Asgard - An easy win for my champed Grocket.  Drax got off a red, but it was too little too late.  The LTs are getting spent before Okoye leaves the horde, and I got another champ level for X-Force Wolverine.  Devil Dinosaur is next week's crash, though!!!)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 Lv 288

No issues. I actually got to see some of Grocket's animations for once! Token to the hoard.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man. Took me 4 tries, couldn’t stop Drax from collecting 10-20 Black AP and wrecking grocket. Finally did it, token yielded a Loki feign death.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 277, 5/5/3, first try, but it was close. I'm not very familiar with Drax, and fortunately, he fired off The Destroyer the turn before I got the AP for Rocket's Pack, and after having matched away most of my Strikes. Rocket's pack eventually ground him down, but I was only a couple more turns of match damage away from dropping, myself.
    Token saved.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    i am groot.  (Translated: Level 86 too tiny to play.)

Did I read HfH store right?  DD is next crash?  How can that be if DD is a limited character?  
  • TPF Alexis
    i am groot.  (Translated: Level 86 too tiny to play.)

Did I read HfH store right?  DD is next crash?  How can that be if DD is a limited character?  
    Devil Dino gets a Crash every Anniversary.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Doesn't he usually get 2?
  • sambrookjm
    rocks52 said:
    We'll find out in about five days, I suppose.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Thanks, @TPF Alexis.  That's good to know.  Only past couple of months have my roster allowed to start attempting to play Crashes, which is why I've never noticed before DD has one.  
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Level 250 Grocket here, took me two tries, and the token was for the Punisher.  I haven't seen a 5* in weeks and this game kicks me in the teeth with the character I like the least.  Bah!
  • TPF Alexis
    rocks52 said:
    Could well be. I've only been around for one Anniversary, and my memory around then focused more on Rogue's release and finally managing to champ Peggy.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    rocks52 said:
    Could well be. I've only been around for one Anniversary, and my memory around then focused more on Rogue's release and finally managing to champ Peggy.
    Dino got two last year, but IIRC only had one in previous years. I don’t know if this is correct, but I suspect that it depends on when the crash begins. If two crash cycles begin during anniversary week then he gets two crashes and if it happens that only one crash cycle falls in the week then he only gets one. On that basis he should get two this year.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    That was easy. Lvl 292, Drax never fired a power and I only fired green after matching away the available green matches. Match damage took Drax down before the countdown completed anyway and I had taken negligible damage. Token was a black Okoye.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ptahhotep said:
    rocks52 said:
    Dino got two last year, but IIRC only had one in previous years. I don’t know if this is correct, but I suspect that it depends on when the crash begins. If two crash cycles begin during anniversary week then he gets two crashes and if it happens that only one crash cycle falls in the week then he only gets one. On that basis he should get two this year.

There should be time for two Dino Crashes this time around, the first one lands on the first day of the anniversary celebrations and the celebrations last for over a week.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lvl 272 5/5/3 R4G - I decided to throw a Vintage Shield on them for some extra health as I figured they can be a bit one trick pony and strikes can be matched fast, I also decided I wouldn't re-spec green to 5 but see how it went. I needn't have worried - R4G finished with more than 13k health (V Shield only added 450 or so extra health), Drax didn't fire a single power.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    rocks52 said:

There should be time for two Dino Crashes this time around, the first one lands on the first day of the anniversary celebrations and the celebrations last for over a week.
    According to the schedule for the anniversary, we get a Howard crash after the Dino. And then Taskmaster.
  • sambrookjm
    Quebbster said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    rocks52 said:

According to the schedule for the anniversary, we get a Howard crash after the Dino. And then Taskmaster.
    A crash for Taskmaster?  That should prove...impossible?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Ptahhotep said:
    rocks52 said:

A crash for Taskmaster?  That should prove...impossible?

No, it's what has been announced. Taskmaster's release has the usual bells and whistles - placement and progression rewards in PvE and PvP, SHIELD training and a release vault. It seems he is also being given out as season rewards for Anniversary season. I can usually get the new release to level 168 within a week, so I have faith I will be able to handle Taskmaster's Crash.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprisingly close for my 279  5/5/3 Grockett - Drax kept dropping red and black on me left and right. I finally landed blue in a corner and it chewed him down quickly, but not before ol' Drax had me down to about 2500 HP.

My reward was a champ level for Blade, making him my highest-level character at 288.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Finished with my lvl 141 (3/2/2) on the second try. But I have a 4* support to increase blue damage and used 100% boost to all colors damage, 50% blue/purple and 50% green/black damage boosts.

I was doing 3k+ damage on blue matches so it ended up being pretty easy.