Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) (9/17/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

"Katherine Anne Pryde was only thirteen when she learned of her mutant power to phase through solid matter. Soon she became one of the youngest and brightest students in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, training with Wolverine to become a skilled combatant.

As Ariel, Shadowcat, and Kitty Pryde, she fights for what's right and is always there to back up her fellow X-Men."

Check out the brand new 5-Star Kitty Pryde, and find out how you can recruit her onto your team!

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, X-Men
yellowtilepng purpletilepng redtilepng 

(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
Phase and Conquer - 8 yellowtilepng AP
When the X-Men are in trouble, Kitty leaps into the fray and phases them to safety. Create 3 Yellow Protect tiles with a strength of 417.

(PASSIVE) At the start of her turn, if there are 4 or more friendly Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, improve them by 633 (Max 5 tiles). For every member of the X-Men on Kitty's team, this threshold goes down by 1.

Circuit Breaker - purpletilepng PASSIVE
Kitty phases through the enemy's defenses, catching them off-guard when their systems fail. At the start of the turn, if one does not exist and enemy Strike, Attack, Protect or Countdown tiles are on the board, create a 1-turn Fortified Purple Repeater tile that will replace enemy Strike, Attack, Protect, or Countdown tiles. If no enemy special tiles are on the board, this tile destroys itself and deals 13,286 damage.

Practiced Offense
 - 6 redtilepng AP
In one swift movement, Kitty Pryde phases through the enemy before they can strike and cuts through their back line defense. Creates a 9-turn Red Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, if Kitty or one of her teammates takes damage from an enemy power, create 3 strength 469 Attack tiles.

Check out her full Character Details here: ***** Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men) *****

Recruit Kitty Pryde!

Katherine Anne - Special Limited Vault
  • Starts: 9/20/18, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: 9/24/18, 12:00am EDT
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Xavier's Finest Legendary Token
    • 1x Wolverine (X-Force) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers
Xavier's Finest - Special Legendary Store
  • 15% chance to get either Kitty Pryde (Uncanny X-Men), Jean Grey (Phoenix), or Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Event Schedule

Galactus Hungers - Alliance Boss Event
    • Rewards tokens to the Xavier's Finest Legendary cover store

Comments

• Phumade
      Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
      What about Kitty Pryde Supports?  will we get Lockheed?
    • PorkBelly
      PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
      That purple seems crazy.

Does she replace the enemy tiles with regular tiles or with friendly tiles of the same type?
    • Anon
      Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
      Aw yeah Kitty!

Also holy **** she looks good. Purple is nuts.
    • The rockett
      The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
      So if there is no enemy tiles on the board the whole match, does this mean that her purple passive willl not go off?  
    • charmbots
      charmbots Posts: 87 Match Maker
      edited September 2018
      Looks like she has some pretty good utility as a special tile buffer with her yellow passive and an attack tile spammer with her red. Purple would be awesome with Okoye, especially after seeing all the Okoye/Medusa team in BOP, but it might be a bit too difficult to pull off reliably. 
    • Nick441234
      Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited September 2018
      Oh man, I really want to finish OML (need two covers) so I'm going to have to hit this store now. Really wanted to hold off until Kitty entered latests. Of course, I can also guarantee I wont get any OML covers because they are the ones I want and I'll get at least 3 or 4 of Jean. 
    • Spiritclaw
      Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
      Woohoo! Double Woohoo! Any chance she's a 5*/3* joint release?

• MoosePrime
      MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
      With what does the purple replace the enemy tiles?
    • moss04
      moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
      The wording is hard to understand but my guess is it replaces them with the repeater that the power makes, much like the way 3 star Falcon's blue power replaces special tiles after he reaches a threshold of blue AP
    • MoosePrime
      MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
      moss04 said:
      The wording is hard to understand but my guess is it replaces them with the repeater that the power makes, much like the way 3 star Falcon's blue power replaces special tiles after he reaches a threshold of blue AP
      Interesting thought.  Would there then be two(, three, four, etc.) of the repeaters?  Which would then all go off for the stated damage when all the enemy tiles have been replaced?
    • skittledaddy
      skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
      edited September 2018
      She looks awesome.
      I wonder how those powers scale down from 5 covers @ Level 450?
    • DyingLegend
      DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
      I dig it, but adds to dilution issue. But she looks very strong. I find it odd that some 5 star releases are very good and others a flat out terrible. You'd think for the rarity of them, they'd try to make them all very good. 
    • charmbots
      moss04 said:
      Interesting thought.  Would there then be two(, three, four, etc.) of the repeaters?  Which would then all go off for the stated damage when all the enemy tiles have been replaced?
      It states “if one does not exist” so I don’t think there will be more than one on the board at a time, however i agree it is not worded well as to how the repeater will interact with the board. My guess is that it hops around the board replacing specials like 3falcon, but when there are no specials left to replace it will become stationary. 
    • JackTenrec
      JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
      Wow, a Kitty Pryde release might be the thing that gets me hoarding Latests.
    • Vins2
      Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
      Oh good another automatic countdown tile overwriter
    • charmbots
      I’m curious why instead of an extra damage boost for xmen teammates ala gotg and 4r&g, there’s only a decrease in the amount of tiles needed to set off the tile buff passive. Seems like a missed opportunity for a sideways buff to OML and PHX. 
    • skittledaddy
      edited September 2018
      She sounds great against Mindless Ones
    • Tony_Foot
      Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
      Purple doesn’t look impressive to me. Needs to have enemy tiles out and if you had a character that puts them out put more out to stop her 13k damage. This games about speed and I don’t wait for goons to put out specials. Overall mid tier for me.
    • skittledaddy
      Tony_Foot said:
      Purple doesn’t look impressive to me. Needs to have enemy tiles out and if you had a character that puts them out put more out to stop her 13k damage. This games about speed and I don’t wait for goons to put out specials. Overall mid tier for me.
      She can counter those last few hard to reach Grocket strike tiles.
    • irwando
      irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
      Whohoo!  My most requested character!

(sees 5*).

Oh well, moving on.  Thanks for ruining that for us non-whales/hoarders.