Liliana, Untouched By Death: Official Thread

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in Planeswalker Details

manablackpng Liliana, Untouched By Death manablackpng
(At Level 60)
-2 manawhitepng | +3 manabluepng | +7 manablackpng | +3 manaredpng | -2 managreenpng 
102 HP
Creatures: 8 | Supports: 5 | Spells: 6

"Liliana Vess specializes in the power of death, reanimating corpses and corrupting the living. Her desire to avoid her own death led her to another powerful Planeswalker: Nicol Bolas. Bolas brokered a pact between Liliana and four demons from the Multiverse, giving her immense magical power and ageless life. Subsequently, she resolved to free herself from the demons' control by any means necessary."

Ability 1: Fill The Graves - Cost 6
Level 1 - Destroy the top 3 cards of your library. Your opponent loses 1 life for each Zombie destroyed that way.
Level 2 - Destroy the top 4 cards of your library. Your opponent loses 1 life for each Zombie destroyed that way.
Level 3 - Destroy the top 6 cards of your library. Your opponent loses 1 life for each Zombie destroyed that way.
Level 4 - Destroy the top 8 cards of your library. Your opponent loses 1 life for each Zombie destroyed that way.

Ability 2: Zombie Swarm - Cost 9
Level 1 - Target creature gets -1/-1 for each Zombie you control.
Level 2 - Target creature gets -2/-2 for each Zombie you control.
Level 3 - Target creature gets -2/-2 for each Zombie and Zombie reinforcement you control up to -8/-8.
Level 4 - Target creature gets -3/-3 for each Zombie and Zombie reinforcement you control up to -12/-12.

Ability 3: Restless Dead - Cost 15
Level 1 - Return the first 2 Zombies from your graveyard to your hand costing 9.
Level 2 - Return the first 2 Zombies from your graveyard to your hand costing 8.
Level 3 - Return the first 3 Zombies from your graveyard to your hand costing 8.
Level 4 - Return the first 3 Zombies from your graveyard to your hand costing 7.

Comments

• Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    costing 7?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aeroplane said:
    costing 7?

Language hard. Effect unclear. Make cost seven? That cost seven?Me confused.
  • magusnebula
    magusnebula Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    It makes the cost 7, even if it's normally less than 7
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    I guess her 1 can be used to get Josu Vess and Revenant out cheap with cruel revival/dark petition type of cards. Bone Dragon, a mythic, would pair great with it.

The common Vicious Offering makes her 2nd moot. Only surpassing in effectiveness maxed. Even then, still costs more than the common.

Her 3rd doesn't seem better than Lil1's 3rd.

The only thing she has going is better mana gains than Lil1. Just a proper discard with cruel/petition already in hand with Lil1-1st is faster. And you don't need to regain mana to bring back 3 creatures of any type; not being limited by zombie subtypes.
  • magusnebula
    magusnebula Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I want to like her, I really do, but I just can't seem to get her to work. Le Sigh.
  • Stalker
    Stalker Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Seems too dependent on certain card/combos.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I play her a lot with first to mill cards away and then put into play. 

Never used her 2nd and ult.