Is Wasp the worst 5* ever?

2»

Comments

• ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Yes, she is the lowly of the low. Banner and Ock even have more utility. Which is too bad since she stole the show in the movie.
  • JohnnyStacks
    JohnnyStacks Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Granted I don't have P5nther covered much at all, (0/1/1), but I was thinking maybe she'd have a use turning BP invisible, then I double checked and her yellow is 10 AP, compared to IW's 7...and the invisibility lasts a long 3 turns...yeah, she has zero use.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    When you make Banner and Doc Ock look like decent 5 stars, and are compared to a worse version of the original invisible woman 4 star, you are a festering pile of broken dreams and lamentations.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    One good thing about her is she's forcing me to hoard my Legendary Tokens until she leaves Latest :P
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    She's bad.  The only way I found her to be useful was with cardusa, since she needs to be healed to accelerate her powers.

The devs CAN introduce more swarm tiles with w 5* Ant-man, or someone else, and then she would have some nice synergy.  But even champed boosted was pretty awful.  
  • Blaze10017
    Blaze10017 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I would agree with most of the comments here but I think she is a diamond in the rough if they release new characters to support her on her own though her 4 star mom is a lot better plus her covers are easier to get than her daughters 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you make Banner and Doc Ock look like decent 5 stars, and are compared to a worse version of the original invisible woman 4 star, you are a festering pile of broken dreams and lamentations.
    5Wasp needs a forum nickname like Sue used to have (Baglady) to help us all truly convey how horrible and useless she is. I'm opening the floor for nominations.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    5Wasp needs a forum nickname like Sue used to have (Baglady) to help us all truly convey how horrible and useless she is. I'm opening the floor for nominations.
    Can't go wrong with Bagwasp, I'd imagine.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Dormammu said:
    Paper wasp is a common species. But it doesn't sound mean enough to convey how far behind other characters that she truly is.

We could go with "No Hope". Just say no. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    Dormammu said:
    Paper wasp is a common species. But it doesn't sound mean enough to convey how far behind other characters that she truly is.

We could go with "No Hope". Just say no. 

Hope-less?
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    'Wassp'?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wa2p. 2* damage from powers. Or is that an overestimation of what she’s capable of?
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    In trying to get a Kitty Pride cover for her Essential nodes in DP vs MPQ I actually pulled three Wasp covers, bringing her to twelve covers. 
    Hoping for an eventual rebalance/buff I decided trying for one more cover, so I could champ her when that moment comes. 
    In the end I did 25 pulls, managed to get two Kitty covers, two Loki covers and I got Wasp to 13 covers plus one saved. 
    However horrible she is, pulling nine 5*s in 25 pulls is a beautiful day and another 5* at 13 covers is cool as well, even if it is Wasp. 
    Today was a good day. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    In trying to get a Kitty Pride cover for her Essential nodes in DP vs MPQ I actually pulled three Wasp covers, bringing her to twelve covers. 
    Hoping for an eventual rebalance/buff I decided trying for one more cover, so I could champ her when that moment comes. 
    In the end I did 25 pulls, managed to get two Kitty covers, two Loki covers and I got Wasp to 13 covers plus one saved. 
    However horrible she is, pulling nine 5*s in 25 pulls is a beautiful day and another 5* at 13 covers is cool as well, even if it is Wasp. 
    Today was a good day. 
    Insult to injury for my pulls. Pulling for essential Kitty got Wasp to 5/5/0 with 4 saved covers. At least I get no ability to Champ her to go along with no desire to do so, but seriously, drop a Pain Index cover already.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I always thought Sue earned that nickname not because of her powers, but because of two other prominent features of hers.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    Dormammu said:
    I always thought Sue earned that nickname not because of her powers, but because of two other prominent features of hers.
    No, those are called bubbles.