What 1 character do you want in the game. Your hypothetical selling story to D3/Demi.

Options
13»

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Character: Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man)
    Star Level: 5
    Relevance: star of Peter David's 100+ issue run of X-Factor
    Powers:
    • Kinetic Duplication - Black (passive) : when Jamie Madrox is struck with sufficient force, he creates a duplicate.
      When Madrox takes at least NNN damage and he has a downed ally, replace a downed ally with another Madrox with his current health (after taking the damage).
    • Absorption - Yellow (12 AP): Jamie Madrox absorbs his duplicate, taking their experiences but not their injuries.
      Madrox removes a selected duplicate, and has his health set to the greater of his or his dupe's health.  He also gains a burst of NNN health.
    • One Man Army - Green (passive):Jamie Madrox is never alone in a fight.
      When Madrox makes a match, the damage dealt and AP gained is multiplied by the number of Madri in the match.
    Closing Argument: what better way to increase excitement in a new character than by adding a new mechanic to the game?  The idea is that the duplication mechanic increases his survivability (provided he isn't targeted first), while not making him invincible.
    I'm kinda sad I can only like this once. I love Madrox :)
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ok, so I would like a Villain, And I would like someone with a rich comic history, and I would like someone who can fulfill most of those criteria, while being firmly Marvel, so that there will be no Cross promotion screwups.  But most importantly, I want someone who is not ONLY a 4 or 5 star. So I guess the option is a self made 3/5 variant. I give you......

BATROC (The Leapair)

So obviously, his ridiculous comic costume  (Also available in cartoons!) 
    Obviously going to be the 3:star: 

The Leaper (Georges Batroc) (Villian, Thunderbolts)

(PASSIVE) Master of LA SAVATE!
    If there are no special tiles on the board, Batroc deals an additional XX Damage with every match. This bonus increases by XX every turn until any special tile appears. Further levels increase the damage dealt, (until level 5 which allows Friendly special tiles to exist, and still retain the bonus.) Batroc must deal the damage to gain the bonus damage.
    Rank 1  10 Damage And Add 4 Damage every turn.
    Rank 2  15 Damage And Add 7 Damage every turn.
    Rank 3  21 Damage (150 at level 166, 213 at level 266) And add 10 Damage every turn. (Add 60 at level 166, 108 at level 266)
    Rank 4  28 Damage (210 at level 166, 284 at level 266) And add 13 Damage every turn. (Add 91 at level 166, 168 at level 266)
    Rank 5  35 Damage (280 at level 166, 355 at Level 266) And add 17 Damage every turn. (Add 119 at level 166, add 216 at level 266) Friendly tiles do not stop the damage count, or the additional damage.

Batroc is a master of unarmed combat, and so in a straight fight, with no tricks or powers, he can do a good bit more. Also this power screws him up hard against any of the instant tile makers, and even against goons. Which creates his, useless fool feeling, when a thug pulls a pistol on him. But curiously might make him really good at PVP, when you pick the opponents. However by it's wording, any special tile includes charged, web, repeater, and countdowns along with Strike, Protect, and Attack tiles.

9   LEAP!
    Send The Leaper airborne, and deal XXX damage to target character when he lands. If The Leaper Still has 10 Yellow AP remaining, Subtract 9 Yellow AP and deal the same damage to a random enemy. 
    Rank 1 Deal 212
    Rank 2 Lower the cost of both aspects by 1
    Rank 3 Deal 341 And Lower the costs of each aspect by 1 (Deal 900 at level 166 and 1454 at level 266)
    Rank 4 Lower both costs by 1 and repeat the check for remaining AP again targeting a random enemy, until AP does not meet requirement of 7. 
    Rank 5 Deal 448 Damage and repeat the check for remaining AP again targeting a random enemy, until AP does not meet requirement of 7. (Deal 1450 at level 166 and 2179 at Level 266.)

This ability lets Batroc waste AP, to deal repeated strikes and damage. Causing havoc even among the backline. of course this ability would be much stronger with Strike Tiles, but Batroc doesn't like those, further establishing his joke nature. It also allows for choice in player use, whether they want him to waste ALL their AP, or just half, and if they want the increased damage at level 5.

13   Men wizout honair deserve no mercy!
    Batroc attacks savagely, removing dishonourable tools and attachments, to make a more fair fight. Deal XXX Damage to the targeted Enemy, destroy X random strike and attack tiles while also dealing an additional XX Damage for each Strike and Attack tile destroyed. 
    Rank 1 Deal 120 and Destroy four random Strike or Attack tiles. Deal an additional 15 per tile destroyed.
    Rand 2 Deal 200 and Destroy six random Strike or Attack tiles. Deal an additional 21 per tile destroyed.
    Rank 3 Deal 295 and Destroy seven random Strike or Attack tiles. Deal an additional 28 per tile destroyed. (Deal 1199 at level 166, 1512 at 266, and an additional 210 at level 166, 284 at level 266 per tile) Damage dealt is not reduced by protect tiles.
    Rank 4 Deal 405 and Destroy nine random Strike or Attack tiles. Deal an additional 35 per tile destroyed. (Deal 1716 at level 166, 2120 at level 266, and an additional 280 at level 166, 355 at level 266.) Damage dealt is not reduced by protect tiles.
    Rank 5  Deal 650 and Destroy all Strike and Attack tiles. Deal an additional 35 per tile destroyed. (Deal 2650 at level 166, 3500 at level 266, and an additional 280 at level 166, 355 at level 266.) Damage dealt is not reduced by protect tiles.

this is a straight Nuke if the tiles are there. Synergy with MoStorm could be great. It also makes the player make more choices. At Rank Five, and max levels, if the board is full, this can deal five star damage. in the realm of 24k, Which is absolutely ludicrous. But that would require a bit of set up. or at least 35 Black AP, for two casts of Storm Black, and then his. On the other hand it also removes all your tiles as well. Which could be annoying. 

Closing Argument/Elevator pitch. Batroc is a fun Joke character, that helps round out villain numbers. He's neat enough to be cared about, popular enough and exposed in enough media to be known, and the dual release can help players, and fill coffers. He is also a fun joke anniversary character, and we know you love those. Just think, a CHASE 5:Star:

(I will do the MCU Georges (St.Pierre) Batroc later, after I work out his math. But he will basically be the same, just with higher numbers on purple, an airborne component on Yellow to keep him out of the fight, and sneak attacking on Yellow, and a mechanic to KEEP the AP of destroyed tiles on Black. Ala Old Surgical Strike. Till then, I hope people like Batroc, and I hope Devs are reading. I really want Batroc. )
  • TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ctenko said:
    Ok, so I would like a Villain, And I would like someone with a rich comic history, and I would like someone who can fulfill most of those criteria, while being firmly Marvel, so that there will be no Cross promotion screwups.  But most importantly, I want someone who is not ONLY a 4 or 5 star. So I guess the option is a self made 3/5 variant. I give you......

BATROC (The Leapair)

I have the heretical opinion that Georges 'I once kicked Batman in the face' Batroc is one of the greatest characters in the Marvel Universe. He needs to be in this game!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Headpool, as a support for Deadpool.

I have no idea what he'd do, I just want it.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TDejaAuthor said:
    Ctenko said: BATROC (The Leapair)
    I have the heretical opinion that Georges 'I once kicked Batman in the face' Batroc is one of the greatest characters in the Marvel Universe. He needs to be in this game!
    I quite enjoy him as well. He's just a fantastic stereotype, that became something so much greater. The Brooklyn Brawler of 'super'villians
  • gibbojab
    gibbojab Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I want wonderman. He could be 4* no clue what his powers could be be besides an ionic burst that does a lot of damage. If you wanted to make him 5* he could have a passive where he doesn’t take damage from moves but takes triple damage from matches. 
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    CharacterRick Jones (Teen-Age Sidekick)

Rarity: 
    Support

Relevance:
    Rick Jones is one of the oldest characters in Marvel history, initially playing the role of obnoxious teenage sidekick and later playing several obnoxious Mary Sue-like roles that involved giving and taking a variety of absurdly powerful super-powers that were just "thing that is derivative of an existing character, except more powerful". I am not good at sales pitches.

Um, OK, so Immortal Hulk is hitting shelves pretty soon, and seems positioned to either be Marvel's next huge thing or a total flop. In this story, Banner — previously thought to have been killed while completely stripped of Hulk powers — returns to life, with an extremely ornery Hulk persona in the driver's seat. This story will draw thematically from horror tropes, but will also serve as an excuse to perform the traditional and necessary reset to (mostly) the default Marvel Comics status quo following the events of Civil War II. It is therefore not difficult to guess that this story will also prominently feature the return of Rick Jones. He was previously thought to have been killed (by Captain Trump, no less) while completely stripped of Hulk powers, but... well, given that this series exists, it's pretty clear how that generally turns out.

If my guesses about all this are correct, Rick Jones will likely return to medium-high relevance in Marvel Comics before the year is out, and of course in order for releases to happen in time for the event, some of the work (and legal negotiations) has to start much earlier than the official reveal.

Perks
    Equip To: Heroes
    Rank 1: Whenever the Supported character takes damage over 5% of their health, they receive a burst of healing equal to (1.00 - 3.35)% of their health.
    Rank 3: Whenever the Supported character's team destroys a Team-Up tile, there's a (3.00 - 7.00)% chance to gain 1 Green AP.
    Rank 5: Whenever the Supported character's team uses a Team-Up power, there's a (15.00 - 33.35)% chance to refund half the AP spent, rounded down.
    Equip to The Hulk (Bruce Banner): The supported character's Blue and Green match damage are both equal to the higher of the two values.

Closing Argument: Rick Jones has a long and storied place in the Marvel tradition. He even basically founded the Avengers! (Stark apparently wants to give that one to Loki in Avengers 2018 #1, but he's also talking to Cap so I bet he's remembering the movie version.) His eventual return to relevance is unfortunately inevitable, and what better way to, ah, celebrate that, than by including him in Marvel Puzzle Quest? Classic Jones is a versatile character, an endless supply of convenient plot devices to "support" any hero's story and bring the whole team together in a pinch, but of course he pairs best with the man who saved his life all those years ago.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,933 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Character: Rom (Spaceknight)
    Star Level: 4*
    Relevance: Rumors abound that a Rom Spaceknight movie is proceeding.
    Powers:
    • Plandanium Armor - Yellow (passive) : Rom's Armor reduces all damage dealt to him (1 cover - 10%, 2 covers - 20%, 3 covers - 30%, 4 covers - 40%, 5 covers - 50%).
    • The Neutralizer - Blue (9 AP): When Rom fires the neutralizer it blasts the target and banishes them to Limbo (1 cover - 1000 damage and stunned for 1 turn, 2 covers - 2000 damage, 3 covers - 3200 damage and stunned for 2 turns, 4 covers - 4600 damage, 5 covers - 7000 damage and stunned for 3 turns)
    • The Analyzer - Purple (5 AP):The Analyzer allows Rom to see things in their true form. (1 cover - temporarily reveal enemy trap tiles ala JJ's passive, 3 covers - cost reduced to 4 AP, 5 covers - cost reduced to 3 AP). (passive) Whenever an enemy steals or destroys AP deal damage to them (1 cover - 100 per AP, 2 covers - 150 per AP, 3 covers - 200 per AP, 4 covers - 300 per AP, 5 covers - 600 per AP.

Closing Argument: There are SO many AP stealing/destroying powers in the 3 and 4* tier. The game REALLY needs a character who can retaliate when that happens similar to LockJaw's 'Loyal Protector'.  It's a new character rather than a recycled one we already have. Plus the obvious movie tie in if / when it's formally announced.

KGB

• Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't have one of my own but I'd like to double down on the Kitty Pryde suggestions: PLEASE
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    **Instead of closing the topic due to being past the 30 day rule by about 2 weeks, I've moved it to the Speculation and Concepts subforum under Character Discussion. This would be the appropriate forum to have this discussion as well as you can see by the other threads in this section (minus all the polls, lol).**
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Character: Jemma Simmons & leo Fitz
    Star Level: 4*
    Relevance: Regular in Marvel's Agent of Shield
    Powers: strong support to allies.
    1. Healing,
    2. Genius level biochemist and tech expertise, 
    3. Combatant 

Closing Argument: with rocket & Groot and cloak & dagger in the game, why don't we have another duo
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    tph_james said:
    Character: Jemma Simmons & leo Fitz
    Star Level: 4*
    Relevance: Regular in Marvel's Agent of Shield
    Powers: strong support to allies.
    1. Healing,
    2. Genius level biochemist and tech expertise, 
    3. Combatant 

Closing Argument: with rocket & Groot and cloak & dagger in the game, why don't we have another duo
    I second this. 
    I would love to see an animation of them in the lab together before throwing out their power in villain's face.  
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Character: Luis (MCU Character with Van)

Rarity: 
    Support

Relevance:
    Ant-Man & the Wasp will be released on DVD and digitally in the not-too-distant future

Perks
    Rank 1: The supported character's base Purple match damage is increased by (21 - 132).
    Rank 3: Whenever the Supported character makes a match, there's a (8.00 - 50.00)% chance to fortify a friendly special tile.
    Rank 5: Whenever the Supported characters fires a power, there's a (15.00 - 75.00)% chance to improve a random special tile by (26 - 225).
    Equip to Ant-Man (Scott Lang):
     When the opponent matches either a Purple Pym Particle trap tile or Blue Small Time Crooks countdown tile, Ant-Man fires the "Grow" power for 50% damage.

Closing Argument: Nothing too exotic here.  It's a DVD tie-in for a memorable character who doesn't merit his own character based on comic lore.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Character: Luis (MCU Character with Van)

Rarity: 
    Support

Relevance:
    Ant-Man & the Wasp will be released on DVD and digitally in the not-too-distant future

Perks
    Rank 1: The supported character's base Purple match damage is increased by (21 - 132).
    Rank 3: Whenever the Supported character makes a match, there's a (8.00 - 50.00)% chance to fortify a friendly special tile.
    Rank 5: Whenever the Supported characters fires a power, there's a (15.00 - 75.00)% chance to improve a random special tile by (26 - 225).
    Equip to Ant-Man (Scott Lang):
     When the opponent matches either a Purple Pym Particle trap tile or Blue Small Time Crooks countdown tile, Ant-Man fires the "Grow" power for 50% damage.

Closing Argument: Nothing too exotic here.  It's a DVD tie-in for a memorable character who doesn't merit his own character based on comic lore.  
    I've argued there needs to be a Luis Support that has a stun component, likely by adding a turn or turns to a stunned character. This would convey his propensity to add extraneous, unnecessary details to his long-winded stories. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    Options
    domino

4*

how'd that happen?! (passive)- takes x number of the most abundant coloured tile on the board and converts an adjacent tile to that colour

lucky shot - hit's the target in the perfect spot, ignoring any and changing x number of shield tiles on the board to critical tiles and dealing damage

lady luck (passive) - reduces aoe damage to allies by 50% and to domino by 90%

the domino effect (passive) - at 5 covers, increases the probability of pulling bonus heroes from all tokens.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nebula 4 :star:

Nebula: medium-low hp, good match damage

Hard to kill Purple: Nebula can dish it as well if not better than she can take it.

<passive> When she takes damage creates a strike tile of <cover> strength.

<Passive> Nebula just doesn't seem to ever be done.

When she is downed, create nebula tile. It can't be moved or match. Do <cover> damage to target.

Painful strike Red 10 AP. Nebula hits you and keeps hitting Do hard damage and create attack tiles on all tiles of color most present on the board.

All out attack Black 12 AP Nebula attacks with all the weapons she has.

Boost special tiles by <covers>. Do medium damage to target. If there are more than five strike/attack tiles do damage to enemy team.

• MissoesRicRose
    MissoesRicRose Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    Options

OMEGA RED***

redflagpng Omega Destroyer redtilepng 6
    Omega's tentacles spin out over the screen in a frenzy

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 1500 damage.
    Level 4: Deals 3000 damage.
    Level 5: Deals 4800 damage.

blackflagpng Tentacles blacktilepng 5
    Omega Red traps her opponents in tentacles, making them easy targets. Locks 2 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles in tentacles and creates 1 strength xx Red Strike tile.

yellowflagpng Carbonadium Smash yellowtilepng 10
    Omega does a shoulder charge, lashes them with his tentacles, then  slams them onto the ground causing an explosion.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 1600 damage in all oponents.
    Level 4: Deals 3300 damage in all oponents.
    Level 5: Deals 5600 damage in all oponents.

• DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options

There are many dupes in this game and this is not exactly a dupe, is an "evolution"...

DARK PHOENIX, of course 5* as this entity is one of the most powerful mutants of all times.

Powers... Red,Black and Yellow and one of them should be a nuke as she deserves.

One of the best sagas in X-Men comics not taken to the screen as it should (Sony...please go away) and a character that would be nice in the game.

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My suggestion:

5* Adam Warlock

His powers all cost 1 AP, and all of them fix everything going wrong for your team despite it not making a lick of sense logically.

Also -- cannot be used if you have any of the movie-based Guardians of the Galaxy on your team.