What 1 character do you want in the game. Your hypothetical selling story to D3/Demi.

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) starpng  starpng  starpng  starpng

Relevance: currently active in X-Men comics as a leading character.

blueflagpng Just Phasing Through 9 bluetilepng
    Shadowcat's mutant phasing allows her to escape from dangerous situations. Converts a random basic blue tile to an invisibility tile. While invisible, this power becomes Phase With Me If You Want To Live.

blueflagpng Phase With Me If You Want To Live 9 bluetilepng
    Shadowcat stretches her limits to get her friends out of danger. Creates a 2-turn countdown tile that makes her teammates invisible while active.
    (Passive) Shadowcat's phasing is bad for electronics. While she is invisible, destroy 1 AP in the enemy's strongest color when your team matches team-up tiles.
    2. Destroy 2 AP in the enemy's strongest color when matching team up tiles.
    3. Countdown tile increased to 3 turns
    4. Destroy 2 AP in 2 strongest enemy colors.
    5. Destroy 3 AP in 2 strongest enemy colors. Countdown tile increased to 4 turns.

yellowflagpng Disruptive Displacement 10 yellowtilepng
    Shadowcat grabs an enemy and phases them into the wall. Stuns target enemy for 2 turns and creates a 2-turn countdown tile.
    (Passive) Countdown tile deals 200 damage to stunned enemies at the start of each turn.
    2. Deals 400 damage to stunned enemies.
    3. Stuns for three turns. Countdown increased to three turns.
    4. Deals 1400 damage to stunned enemies.
    5. Deals 2100 damage to stunned enemies. Countdown and stun increased to 4 turns.

blackflagpng Have you met my pet? 12 blacktilepng
    Lockheed attacks with ferocious loyalty, blasting the enemy with fire and leaving them burning. Deals 800 damage and creates a strength 80 attack tile.
    2. Deals 1200 damage.
    3. Deals 1500 damage, creates 2 strength 80 attack tiles
    4. Deals 2000 damage, 2 strength 150 attack tiles.
    5. Deals 3000 damage. Creates 3 Strength 150 attack tiles

Damage numbers and costs are a bit out of date, but this was my write up from 2 years ago. Kitty has been around since just before the Dark Phoenix saga. Over the decades, she has grown up, truly learning and developing into her role as a hero rather than just being designed as a hero and stagnating from that point.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I just want Namor. Give us the submariner.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    This should be fun, and reminds me of a similar thread I've thought about starting (that I'll probably start later today, maybe). Though it's starting to make me wish we had something like reddit's "serious tag" that some subreddits use so we could filter out joke answers...

Character: Graviton
    Rarity: 5*
    Relevance: Classic, long-time Avengers villain, also present in the MCU via Agents of Shield
    Powers/Ideas: (note: these are based on max-level stats and rough comparisons to other 5* characters)

Gravity Blast 8: Graviton blasts the opponent with gravitons, disrupting the enemy and their allies. Deals ~7k damage and sends the target Airborne for 2 turns. Stuns non-target enemies for 1 turn. 

Gravitational Field 10 : Graviton shields himself with a field of gravitons, turning enemy projectiles against them. Steals up to 4 enemy special tiles and converts them into friendly Attack tiles. (Passive) Graviton takes 5% less damage for each friendly Attack tile (max 40%). Each time Graviton takes damage, convert 1 friendly Attack tile to a basic tile. Graviton cannot be sent Airborne.

Master of Gravity 10 : Creates 3 random 3-turn Countdowns that destroy 4 random adjacent tiles each turn. When they reach zero, they transform into friendly Attack tiles. As long as one of these countdown tiles is on the board, gravity flows in reverse; tiles move upward when tiles above them are removed, and new tiles are created at the bottom of the board.

Closing Argument: The game needs more villains, especially at the 5-star tier. The game needs more classic characters, and is often too busy adding characters with tie-ins to movies, TV shows, or new comic releases to be able to fit classic characters into the rotation. Thanks to Graviton appearing in Agents of Shield Season 5 with a classic costume appearance, you could kill two birds with one stone (even moreso if you can convert this powerset to a 3* version and do a dual 3*/5* release with both a comic and MCU version). As for the character itself, this would be the first appearance of this color combination at the 5-star tier. And I think the powerset has a fun gravity theme, and while the black power may be absolutely insane to code, it sure as hell looks like fun, doesn't it? :D
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    Wonder Man - Simon Williams

5* character

Relevance: currently none, but Simon Williams shows up in a poster in a cut scene from GotG2. Foreshadowing? Also relationships with Scarlet Witch and Carol Danvers, plus tie-in with Vision. D3 should be proactive and get him in the game.

Yellow  passive - Paparazzi

Simon loves the limelight, and it gives him strength. Every turn, Wonder Man gains 200 health per TU tiles on the board. If there are less than 7 TU tiles on the board, add 2 at random

Red  passive - Ionic Frenzy

Wonder Man’s anger is legendary and it can’t be controlled. If there is not an Ion countdown on the board at the start of the turn, create one. Whenever WM is dealt 1000 or more damage, increase the countdown by 1. If the Ion countdown reaches 8, remove it and destroy all TU tiles dealing 2500 damage per TU tile removed this way

Black 8ap - Master Engineer

Create a black strike, attack, and protect tile with strength 50 plus 50 for each TU tile on the board.

• Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler

Character:  Heimdall

Star Level:  5*

Relevance:  Thor movies and infinity war.  Idris Elba, nuff said.

Powers:   

• Red - 9 AP: Last Stand - Heimdall, protector of the realm, launches a furious attack to repel the invading army.  Deals XXXX damage + XXXX for each Asgardian ally.   (If Heimdall is the last man standing, deal XXXX damage to each member of the enemy team.)

• Yellow - Passive:  Guardian of Asgard -  Heimdall stands watch upon the Bifrost to protect his allies from harm.  Reduces damage from powers that affect the whole team by XXXX (reduced to a minimum of 1)

• Blue - Passive:  I saw you coming - Heimdall uses his all seeing eyes to plan for what's coming and disrupt his enemies attack.  Whenever an enemy fires a power, reduce AP in their highest color by X.

Closing argument:  Last stand could probably either be more expensive to do more damage or cheaper to do less damage (like 3* Gamora).  Yellow is the 5* version of Quakes power, which being a passive, would help when pairing with Thor.  Blue would be tricky, but with their seeming intention to make AP manipulation more of a thing, this fits in.  Add Loki for his black and pink and that could be an interesting team.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lopan15 said:

Character:  Heimdall

Relevance:  Thor movies and infinity war.  Idris Elba, nuff said.

Powers:   

• Red - 9 AP: Last Stand - Heimdall, protector of the realm, launches a furious attack to repel the invading army.  Deals XXXX damage + XXXX for each Asgardian ally.   (If Heimdall is the last man standing, deal XXXX damage to each member of the enemy team.)

• Yellow - Passive:  Guardian of Asgard -  Heimdall stands watch upon the Bifrost to protect his allies from harm.  Reduces damage from powers that affect the whole team by XXXX (reduced to a minimum of 1)

• Blue - Passive:  I saw you coming - Heimdall uses his all seeing eyes to plan for what's coming and disrupt his enemies attack.  Whenever an enemy fires a power, reduce AP in their highest color by X.

Closing argument:  Last stand could probably either be more expensive to do more damage or cheaper to do less damage (like 3* Gamora).  Yellow is the 5* version of Quakes power, which being a passive, would help when pairing with Thor.  Blue would be tricky, but with their seeming intention to make AP manipulation more of a thing, this fits in.  Add Loki for his black and pink and that could be an interesting team.
    I love this idea!!!  Heimdall would be a great add to the game. 
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    • Character:  Skurge

Star Level:  4*

Relevance:  not really but I wanted to try something with his powers.

Powers:   

• Red - 10 AP: Des - Skurge unleashes a volley from Des on his enemies.  Deals XXXX damage and destroys one random row for each asgardian on his team (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP).  (If you have at least 10 yellow AP drain all red and yellow AP to fire DES-TROY.  Deals XXXX damage to each member of the enemy team and destroys the entire board.  Destroyed tiles do not generate AP)

• Yellow - 10 AP:  Troy -  Skurge introduces his enemies to one of his new best friends.  Deals XXXX damage and destroys one random column for each Asgardian on his team.  (If you have at least 10 team up AP, drain all yellow and team up AP and deal XXXX additional damage.)

• Pink - 12 AP:  For Asgard - Skurge hurls himself at the enemy with reckless abandon using whatever he can find to stave off the hordes.  Stuns the target for X turns and Deals XXXX damage + X damage for each special tile (both friendly and enemy) on the board.

Closing argument:  not really pushing for Skurge, but I thought the powers could be interesting.  Probably too much going on for one character, but the Des and Troy functionalities for board shake might be interesting.  For Asgard would make it so pairing him with 5Thor and Loki could be fun, but would probably have to change his red and yellow to black and blue or black and green to work with 5Thor.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

Character:  Stan (The Man) Lee

Relevance:  He is Stan Lee!

Powers:   

·         Red - 6 AP: Excelsior! As the King of Hype, there isn’t anything Stan can’t talk up a storm about! Create a 3 turn countdown tile, whilst this tile is on the board Allies match damage is doubled (tripled at level 5). When the tile expires, deal 12,689 damage. If the tile is matched, stun a random enemy for 3 turns – how dare they interrupt his magnificent Marvelness!

·         Yellow - Passive:  ‘Nuff Said! Confident that his unmatched mutterings are driving the Mighty Marvel Match 3 makers wild, Stan knows when to rest on his laurels. Every time an ally fires a power, Stan’s enthusiastic nature helps refill it for them, granting them + 3AP in whatever colour power was fired and choose to either reduce the time of any friendly countdown or extend on any enemy by 1 turn. At level 5 also gain +2 AP in a random colour.

·         Purple – 8AP: Stan Lee Presents. Never let it be said that Stan ever misses the chance to hog the limelight (and credit) for anything! If any enemy was created by Stan Lee, they find it difficult to rise up against him – Stan may choose to block an enemy from using any single power for 3 turns. However, Stan won’t let a little thing like having nothing to do with a characters creation stop him! So for any character NOT created by Stan Lee, Stan drains 2 AP from each colour of the enemy.

Closing argument:  Without Stan Lee there could be no Marvel Puzzle Quest! ‘Nuff Said, Effendi!

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    snlf25 said:
    Your wish is my command...

Namor: The Sub-Mariner

Star Level: 5*

Relevance: Marvel's first hero, and the last member of the Illuminati that we're missing from the game. Now that Disney is in talks to buy Fox's stable of characters, the odds of seeing a Namor movie have gone up dramatically.

Yellow: 6AP - Atlantis Attacks! - Raiding parties strike the surface! Create 3 3-turn countdown tiles that do 2k damage per turn. While any of these tiles remain on the board, this power becomes Behold: Giganto!

Yellow: 10AP - Behold: Giganto! - Destroy all Atlantis Attacks tiles remaining on the board to do all damage not yet done by these tiles to the entire enemy team. This power becomes Atlantis Attacks!

Green: 17AP - Imperious Rex! - Namor does not suffer fools. Create a 5-turn Watery Prison tile that stuns the enemy with the highest HP. While this tile is on the board, this enemy cannot be targeted and is immune to any effects that target the whole team. If this tile is still on the board when the rest of the enemy team is downed, down this character.

Blue: Passive - Ankle Wings...Fins... - Namor can battle on land, sea and air! Namor can damage airborne enemies. If an enemy goes airborne, all of Namor's attacks automatically target them until they land.

Closing Argument: Marvel needs to honor its founding characters with some good movies (I'm looking at you, F4ntastic). Stan Lee isn't gonna be around forever, and he deserves to see one of his oldest characters on the big screen before he goes.

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Character: Hela (Goddess of Death)
    Star Level: 5
    Relevance: Thor Ragnarok

Powers:
    Black 11 AP:  Kneel before your queen- Hela easily catches and destroys Mjolnir. Choose an opponents ability and disable it for the remainder of the match.

Green 10 AP: Army of the dead- Using the eternal flame Hela resurrects her army. Create 3 3 turn repeater tiles that do AOE damage. On first use, one tile activates, one starts at 1 turn, one starts at 2.

Purple 8 AP : Necroswords. Hela creates a hail of knives and fires them at the enemy. Choose 4 basic tiles to destroy, gaining ap. Passive: XX% chance of spawning strike tiles

Closing Argument: Always good to have another villain. Was briefly one of the best villains in the MCU, until Killmonger and Thanos really set the standard higher.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Too lazy to do a proper format and presentation, but:

5* Mimic

Has three passive powers, each of which is replaced by a duplicate of one power from each of the active opponents, levelled appropriately.

• marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    @Straycat Loved the concept! I'd make the knives attack AoE and the hordes gather AP for her perhaps, like a counterpart to Thor's powers?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    snlf25 said:
    Your wish is my command...

Namor: The Sub-Mariner

Star Level: 5*

Relevance: Marvel's first hero, and the last member of the Illuminati that we're missing from the game. Now that Disney is in talks to buy Fox's stable of characters, the odds of seeing a Namor movie have gone up dramatically.

Yellow: 6AP - Atlantis Attacks! - Raiding parties strike the surface! Create 3 3-turn countdown tiles that do 2k damage per turn. While any of these tiles remain on the board, this power becomes Behold: Giganto!

Yellow: 10AP - Behold: Giganto! - Destroy all Atlantis Attacks tiles remaining on the board to do all damage not yet done by these tiles to the entire enemy team. This power becomes Atlantis Attacks!

Green: 17AP - Imperious Rex! - Namor does not suffer fools. Create a 5-turn Watery Prison tile that stuns the enemy with the highest HP. While this tile is on the board, this enemy cannot be targeted and is immune to any effects that target the whole team. If this tile is still on the board when the rest of the enemy team is downed, down this character.

Blue: Passive - Ankle Wings...Fins... - Namor can battle on land, sea and air! Namor can damage airborne enemies. If an enemy goes airborne, all of Namor's attacks automatically target them until they land.

Closing Argument: Marvel needs to honor its founding characters with some good movies (I'm looking at you, F4ntastic). Stan Lee isn't gonna be around forever, and he deserves to see one of his oldest characters on the big screen before he goes.

Not to be a party pooper but there are 2 things here that need correcting. First, the Fox deal won't help get Namor back - his movie rights are with Universal. Secondly, Stan Lee did not create Namor. Sorry.

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    DAZ0273 said:

Not to be a party pooper but there are 2 things here that need correcting. First, the Fox deal won't help get Namor back - his movie rights are with Universal. Secondly, Stan Lee did not create Namor. Sorry.

The first one I wasn't aware of. The second one I do realize, but Stan brought him back from obscurity in the 1960s and made him into the lovable self-centered jerk that he is today :)
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Character: Superman
    Star Level: 6, that’s right
    Relevance: Marvel vs. DC comic run 
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel

Powers
    Heat Vision - 12 red AP, damages enemy team for 50,000 or an individual enemy 75,000 if only one left

Freeze Breath - freezes enemy enemy team for  5 turns, 12 blue AP

Invulnerability - Yellow (passive) Supes uses his super speed to cause attacks to him to be reduced by 50%, and heals 10% of HP each turn.

Closing Argument: 
    Superman is the first and the best superhero of all time.  Let’s face it, adding DC characters would really create excitement and bring in more players.  Also, DC is better than Marvel.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Character: Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man)
    Star Level: 5
    Relevance: star of Peter David's 100+ issue run of X-Factor
    Powers:
    • Kinetic Duplication - Black (passive) : when Jamie Madrox is struck with sufficient force, he creates a duplicate.
      When Madrox takes at least NNN damage and he has a downed ally, replace a downed ally with another Madrox with his current health (after taking the damage).
    • Absorption - Yellow (12 AP): Jamie Madrox absorbs his duplicate, taking their experiences but not their injuries.
      Madrox removes a selected duplicate, and has his health set to the greater of his or his dupe's health.  He also gains a burst of NNN health.
    • One Man Army - Green (passive):Jamie Madrox is never alone in a fight.
      When Madrox makes a match, the damage dealt and AP gained is multiplied by the number of Madri in the match.
    Closing Argument: what better way to increase excitement in a new character than by adding a new mechanic to the game?  The idea is that the duplication mechanic increases his survivability (provided he isn't targeted first), while not making him invincible.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018

Five stars Peter, please :smiley:
  • TDejaAuthor
    TDejaAuthor Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Character: Mantis
    Star Level: 4
    Relevance: GotG/IW

I was just thinking that Mantis should be a playable character....
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018

There was a great comic book story line where Deadpool killed the marvel universe.

Character:  Deadpool

Rarity: 5 star

Relevance:  Are you serious? You need this? Are you a sad DC fan boy 4chan moron or something?

Powers:

*Blue:  Cost 7 AP:# drive bye. – Deadpool ate chimichangas last night and he decided to tell you about it, the old fashion way.  Cover your nose.

3 covers: Stun the enemy team for 1 turn and the targeted enemy 2 turns.

4 covers: AP Stun the enemy team for 1 turn and the targeted enemy 3 turns.

5 covers: AP Stun the enemy team for 2 turns and the targeted enemy 3 turns.

*Yellow: passive. I can talk smack about anything.  Zip it. I said anything.

If the enemy uses a team up ability, Deadpool negates it, he fully heals, and ends the opponents turn immediately.~  No no no.  I killed your friends.  No Help for you.

If the enemy uses a yellow ability, Deadpool creates a fortified shield tile equals to his level multiplied by the amount of covers in this ability.  Deadpool heals hitpoints at the beginning of the turn equal to the strength of the shield tile.

If the enemy uses a red ability, Deadpool creates a fortified attack tile equals to his level multiplied by the amount of covers in this ability. Deadpool heals hitpoints at the beginning of the turn equal to the strength of the attack tile.

If the enemy uses a green ability, Deadpool creates a fortified strike tile equals to his level multiplied by the amount of covers in this ability. Deadpool heals hitpoints at the beginning of the turn equal to the strength of the strike tile.

If the enemy uses a purple ability, Deadpool stuns the opposing team for one turn and destroys one non fortified enemy attack tiles for each cover in this ability. At 5 covers, he destroys them all.

If the enemy uses a blue ability, Deadpool stuns the opposing team for one turn and destroys one non fortified enemy strike tiles for each cover in this ability. At 5 covers, he destroys them all.

If the enemy uses a black ability, Deadpool stuns the opposing team for one turn and destroys one non fortified enemy shield tiles for each cover in this ability. At 5 covers, he destroys them all.

*Green: Cost 24 AP They’re gonna want to see what's next. They're gonna want to watch this world burn.

Deadpool  flies a space ship into the opposing team doing damage equal to his level x 100 x the amount of covers in this ability.

Closing argument: It’s Deadpool and if you even dare to think that this is a bad idea, he might drive a taxi cab into your house and pee in your litter box.