Adjust SR to SCL

When you decide to open up SCL 10, please readjust Shield Rank that opens SCL 2 through 9 up by five.  I think this would be more indicative of roster strength that could play (or at least attempt to play) in higher SCL.   I also think this would reduce some newcomer’s frustrations about wondering why they can play at certain SCL when their roster strength doesn’t match the enemies’ levels.  Please and thank you.

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would need to go up by a lot more than 5 levels in the upper SCLs.  The intent was for SCL 7 to be for 3* rosters, SCL 8 for 4* rosters and SCL 9 for 5* rosters............but I'm at Rank 67 (SCL 9) with a half-champed 3* roster.  From my roster tracking, I think it should be like this:

SCL 1 - Rank 1
    SCL 2 - Rank 7
    SCL 3 - Rank 10 => 14 (+4)
    SCL 4 - Rank 15 => 21 (+6)
    SCL 5 - Rank 20 => 27 (+7)
    SCL 6 - Rank 27 => 42 (+15)
    SCL 7 - Rank 32 => 50 (+18)
    SCL 8 - Rank 47 => 65 (+18)
    SCL 9 - Rank 65 => 85 (+20)
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Thanks, @bbigler, for those adjustments.  I think that's better than what I suggested.  
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I don't see how it helps players by increasing the SR needed for SCL. The players can check the levels of enemies before they choose the SCL. Opening up those SCL even though they are not ready kind of motivate them to work towards SCL, it could be a measure of progress if they want to challenge themselves. I did that when I was ready for SCL 4 but I tried out SCL 6 anyway. My clearing took 2 hours due but I was motivated to clear SCL 6 more easily.

If players are doing 1* and 2* farming, their SR is going to speed up no matter what. 

I'm transitioning to 4* land with SR ~ 80. There's no way I can handle SCL 8 and 9 even if my SR is 85. 

Wouldn't it be better to reduce the speed of gaining XP? Reduce it by 30% to 60% and it could be easier to match SR with SCL.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    bbigler said:
    It would need to go up by a lot more than 5 levels in the upper SCLs.  The intent was for SCL 7 to be for 3* rosters, SCL 8 for 4* rosters and SCL 9 for 5* rosters............but I'm at Rank 67 (SCL 9) with a half-champed 3* roster.  From my roster tracking, I think it should be like this:

SCL 1 - Rank 1
    SCL 2 - Rank 7
    SCL 3 - Rank 10 => 14 (+4)
    SCL 4 - Rank 15 => 21 (+6)
    SCL 5 - Rank 20 => 27 (+7)
    SCL 6 - Rank 27 => 42 (+15)
    SCL 7 - Rank 32 => 50 (+18)
    SCL 8 - Rank 47 => 65 (+18)
    SCL 9 - Rank 65 => 85 (+20)
    Most of these are way too late. Being stuck in SCL 5 until Rank 42 (?!?) would have been unbearably slow and incredibly frustrating. Rank 40 was the time where I was already doing SCL 7 every other event, all 3* rostered, half of them champed and building up 4*s from SCL 7 progression. Rank 67 was around the time I had all 3s champed and champed my first two 4*.

The thing is, how fast your roster progresses depends on a lot of factors-- how much do you play, do you 1* or 2* farm (2* farming improves your roster with ressources while pushing your Rank up, 1* farming only pushs your Rank up without giving your ressources), how good is your alliance, do you spend money for roster slots, do you regularly get intercepts... -- all of these have an impact. Even how your roster develops has an influence-- if your first champed 3* is Doctor Strange, that allows you to push upwards much easier and quicker than if it were, say, Angel or 3* Elektra. That too has an impact.
    One player's "super slow, this is frustrating" might be another's "just right, it fits" or the other way around.

So when in doubt, they should err on the side that opens up SCLs early because it's much much more frustrating to feel stuck and like the game doesn't let you progress than if you have the option of choosing something you can't handle yet.

Seriously, the numbers it unlocks at currently are fine. The only one that is unreasonably early is SCL 9 and I suppose you could adjust SCL 8 upwards a bit too, but... why? Having the option to have stronger opponents if you want to doesn't hurt anyone. You don't have to push upwards if you feel like you can't handle it yet.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    AlexR said:
    The thing is, how fast your roster progresses depends on a lot of factors-- how much do you play, do you 1* or 2* farm (2* farming improves your roster with ressources while pushing your Rank up, 1* farming only pushs your Rank up without giving your ressources)
    Technically, 1* XP farming gives you ISO from ranking up, which is a resource.  Plus, it gives you the option to purchase SCL Starter Packs sooner rather than later, which is definitely a good resource.  In my case, I did farm 1*s and 2*s which pushed my rank up, giving me the ISO that I desperately needed.  If there's a large pool of people that don't do this, then I understand the low SR for the SCLs.