Update DPD 4* rewards based on days-played

Options
fnedude
fnedude Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
Can you update the DPD 4* reward so that instead of getting 2CP every day, its a 4* cover?

Basically, the 4*/5* players, to me, it would be much better to get an extra 4* cover daily, instead of the 2CP.  During a full 5-day period you should (on average) get the 2CP, but it will help player's leveling of their 4*s to higher levels (reliable) to get 5* rewards.

There are now 60+ 4*s, so doing this would mean than a player would get +1 cover for any single 4* everyone other month (not a big deal), but it would let them "feel" like they can advance their 4*s _reliably_, one issue I've seen.

The only thing D3 would have to decide would to be "when does this kick in?"  I'd suggest at the 3yr/1000day period.  You'd basically have 2 doors, door on the left= day<1000.  Door on the right=day>1000.  If your days played is <1000, you get the 2CP reward, days played >1000 a 4* reward.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    So, you're suggesting 3+ year players get a 4-star cover, a 20 CP value (one pull from Classic Legends), every day. Meanwhile, players under 3 years keep getting 2 CP, which would give them a pull from Classic Legends every 10 days.

Yeah, I'm guessing everybody'll think that's fair.  :/
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    So, you're suggesting 3+ year players get a 4-star cover, a 20 CP value (one pull from Classic Legends), every day. Meanwhile, players under 3 years keep getting 2 CP, which would give them a pull from Classic Legends every 10 days.

Yeah, I'm guessing everybody'll think that's fair.  :/
    Why does everything in this stupid game have to be FAIR to day 1 players and 1600+ day vets?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm guessing, Bowgentle, that you already receive a fair bit more out of DDQ's advanced nodes and daily login rewards than a day 1 player.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the point of DDQ is that, as a more veteran player, you get more rewards by being able to complete more of the DDQ. Obviously that caps out at being able to complete the entire thing every day, but presumably that means that the designers are happy at this time with those resources being suitable for a daily reward, given the time invested (which, incidentally, also goes down for more veteran players, as it becomes easier to complete. Presumably there's a limit here as well, of course).