***** Captain America (Infinity War) *****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Captain America (Infinity War)
5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Heroes, Avengers, Team Cap
 purpletilepng yellowtilepng

"Since opposing the Sokovia Accords, the Super-Soldier has remained under the radar while continuing to do what he believes is right - saving the world one clandestine mission at a time."

(Abilities listed at level 450)
Rope-a-Dope - 8  AP
Cap distracts the enemy with a false advance, misleading them and leaving their backline vulnerable. Deals 5,628 damage to the non-target enemies.
(PASSIVE) When only 1 enemy remains, this power becomes Coup de Grâce.
  • (Level 2) Deals 6,191 damage...
  • (Level 3) Deals 6,754 damage...
  • (Level 4) Deals 7,879 damage...
  • (Level 5) Deals 10,130 damage...
Coup de Grâce - 10  AP
At the climax of battle, Cap summons all his strength to land a finishing blow. Deals 8,436 damage. Destroys all friendly colored AP, dealing 482 damage for each AP destroyed.
  • (Level 2) Deals 9,280 damage...dealing 530 damage for each...
  • (Level 3) Deals 10,123 damage...dealing 578 damage for each...
  • (Level 4) Deals 11,810 damage...dealing 675 damage for each...
  • (Level 5) Deals 15,185 damage...dealing 868 damage for each...
Man Without a Country - 6 purpletilepng AP
Even without his shield, Captain America protects the innocent with covert tactics. Choose a basic tile. Destroy 3 enemy AP in that tile's color and that tile becomes a 2-turn Countdown tile. While it's on the board, enemies may not fire powers in its color.
  • (Level 2) ...becomes a 3-turn Countdown tile.
  • (Level 3) Destroys 4 enemy AP...
  • (Level 4) ...becomes a 4-turn Countdown tile.
  • (Level 5) Destroys 6 enemy AP...becomes a 5-turn Countdown tile.
On your Feet, Soldier! - 15 yellowtilepng AP
Captain America reaches down and lifts up his fallen ally. This battle's not over yet. Revives a Downed ally and grants them a burst of 30% health.
  • (Level 2) ...burst of 35% of their health.
  • (Level 3) ...burst of 40% of their health.
  • (Level 4) ...burst of 45% of their health.
  • (Level 5) ...burst of 60% of their health.
What do you think is Captain America's best build? Vote down below!

***** Captain America (Infinity War) ***** 29 votes

5/5/3
79%
SpoitThanossinnerjflrixmithContinuedClockscotteeIridiousatomzedjanderlickDartmaster01stochasticismKarassPongiePunisher5784LLohmtph_jamesmaguirenumber6658krak0nwahs086 23 votes
5/4/4
3%
Player1575 1 vote
5/3/5
13%
MalcrofCoulson_LivesgmtoscaAres76 4 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
3%
spghttihead 1 vote

Comments

• fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Strikes me as a possible new meta.  His purple is a built in gambit counter, and his red is 20k dmg for 8 ap and 25+k for 10 as a finisher.  Yellow is a nice bonus but dang that red and purple!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    5/5/3 seems to easily be his best build. Can't imagine giving up the damage on Red or the utility of Purple.
  • fork1977
    Or he could play slow and be meh at best.  Disappointed in early pvp play testing. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. How many covers do you have?
  • fork1977
    553 right now. Played without him boosted and in sim.  His finisher is amazing but it takes too long to get there. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I'm not sure why it would take too long to get to the final enemy with just 10 red AP (plus other random AP).

What other allies were you bringing along?
    It's true that Cap has one damaging ability, but that's almost always been the case for him within each tier. At least this iteration has the ability to damage two enemies at once for just 8 red AP. 

Non-Gambit partners that would have good synergy or help to speed up potential red AP:  Thor, JJ, SS, GR, HE, and maybe Bolt & Phoenix. 
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    5/5/3
    Anybody tested how his yellow power works on Phoenix yet?

How many times can it be used? I know it’s pushing it at 15AP but I’m curious if there are self regulatory limits other than shortage of available yellow.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    LLohm said:
    Anybody tested how his yellow power works on Phoenix yet?

How many times can it be used? I know it’s pushing it at 15AP but I’m curious if there are self regulatory limits other than shortage of available yellow.

I heard of a few tests. It does revive her, her CD will still be in play. If the CD expires she'll gain additional health and the new powerset
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    5/4/4
    Anyone know if his red can be sent as a team up, and if it acts like Riri red and hits everyone if so? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Has anyone been able to send a teamup that's not yellow? We did an experiment in my Alliance and all the teamups were yellow...

I could see if red was excluded since it is really two Powers in one, but I don't see why Purple would be excluded.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
    What is the consensus on beard cap after a few months?  5/5/3 is the clear build as yellow is very niche.

But how good are his red and purple in practice?  He has no self-accel, and no compelling passive, so the bar for quality has to be pretty high for him to see much use, even in a post-gambit world.
  • fork1977
    Vhailorx said:
    What is the consensus on beard cap after a few months?  5/5/3 is the clear build as yellow is very niche.

But how good are his red and purple in practice?  He has no self-accel, and no compelling passive, so the bar for quality has to be pretty high for him to see much use, even in a post-gambit world.
    He's just slow.  His purple (while cheap) is fundamentally about reduction rather than acceleration.  His red is pretty good, though I find it less effective than JJ.  At least it hits hard at the end.  The yellow is nearly a throwaway, since battles shouldn't last that long.

I've used him in Sim climbing against non-Gambit teams when I want to slow down Thor or JJ, and he does okay with Ghost Rider or Archangel in normal PvP for those early fights.  With the Gambit nerf, his Man Without a Country should be one of the better active purple powers among 5*s

But he doesn't pair super well for quick PvP hops.  Thor, JJ, Okoye, Spider-man, Thanos, DD - he overlaps with them all, and not in a good way.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    5/4/4
    Would definitely change my vote to 5/5/3 if possible, but I voted ages ago before I had him champed.

He's great for grilling in pvp in combination with riri. They're my go to grill team now.

Him + 5Thor + Okoye is very dangerous in Sim, as Thor generates red for cap and okoye makes him hit like a truck.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know if Lumbercap's purple will prevent JJ's Damning Evidence from going off?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Passives triggering don't count as powers firing, so I doubt it.

If you fire it at Dr Strange and pick yellow, does he still flame you? That would be an easy enough test that should be equivalent.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    His purple will not prevent any passives. It only prevents actives from being used.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    His yellow is pretty useless when he tanks since he'll most likely be the one who goes down first. Maybe it'll be better if his yellow gave you a choice of either revive a target ally or create a CD tile that if anyone in your team is downed, that member is revived and the CD tile is converted to a basic tile. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or leave his power as is but add a passive component like how a vulture automatically spends his blue AP to fire the tech slicer if he has enough blue stored when he casts black. For Cap make it so if he is holding the two billion yellow needed when he is down he automatically spends the AP to revive himself. 
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Or leave his power as is but add a passive component like how a vulture automatically spends his blue AP to fire the tech slicer if he has enough blue stored when he casts black. For Cap make it so if he is holding the two billion yellow needed when he is down he automatically spends the AP to revive himself. 
    I actually really like this idea. Kinda go thematically well with how his red spend all AP in your ap pool. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just noticed he doesn’t have his match damage and health stats at 450 like other characters. Oversight?