Revolt against the C- rewards

Options
Laeuftbeidir
Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
Okay, it used to be normal that older events get their rewards adapted when a new set drops. That's great, but isn't normal anymore.. That's okay.
The thing is, several events give now non-fitting legacy rewards. If I play a legacy event for legacy rewards, it'd be great if they fit the set the event comes from.
Revolt gives HOU packs, it should be giving AER or maybe KLD.
It's not a big thing, but it feels wrong

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I totally agree old events should give rewards that match the set. 

It would especially help newbies in events like Terror in the Shadows if the _first_ reward for each tier (even bronze) was a booster for the right set to let them get the requirements they don't have yet. But Newbies need Legacy.

Revolt should give an Aether Revolt then a bit along Kaladesh, you can always put the latest set at the very end, but a few the legacy for older stuff matters.

(The oldtimers that already have everything, well... They only have to play if they want anyway! It's 100% optional to them.)

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I fully agree with this. Older events (Legacy), should yield Legacy rewards that are pertinent to the event.

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had this exact thought today. I thought I was being knit-pickey but I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. It's a very odd that the events don't give respective plane cards
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Really i thought newest set. Newest set yields more crafting orbs in addition to gives more access to standard cards (which matters a bit more for higher pay out standard events). And newer players will be more prone to prefer standard as opposed to legacy i feel like.

Legacy is technically a graveyard and although i am missing 120ish mythics from legacy.. i dont want lame booster drop rates to get them. I would much rather fill up my standard cards. 

From a flavor context perspective yes legacy should give the corresponding legacy.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Actually the best solution is to give a redeemable voucher for whatever pack i feel like getting - be it a legacy or standard set
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These aren't coalition events, noone "has" to play them, it's a choice.

But they need to be accessible to newbies _including_ those that haven't even started playing NOW, future players need to be able to join in.

From an event design perspective the very first booster they might win the in the event should have a _chance_ of making the rest of the event better for them. The whole thought of "Yes! I can use this right now!" is an awesome feeling most oldtimers have totally forgotten.

For oldtimers these packs are mostly just orbs, but that's ok too, if you just make the mental adjustment and _realise_ that is what you are getting then you are less disappointed.

Hacking your own mental state is very useful and framing things in the right way can get rid of most of the things that get you down...

A voucher for "any pack" adds complexity and confusion and hurts newcomers I would argue. I totally understand the appeal, but think of the packs as "A pack of random orbs" instead and it serves the same purpose.