A petition for a reasonable schedule for everybody

gogol666
gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
Dear community, I know we asked this many times to no avail and that d3/oktagon seems deaf to this request, but I'm tired of adapting my schedule to a game.
I don't care about the actual solution implemented, but I would like a charge/refresh system that doesn't force me nor any other player around the world to play at uncomfortable times.
Since writing on the forum seems to have no effect at all, I'm asking you to take one step more if you share my concern: write a ticket to CS so that they can know how many are we.
To help you, here is the link to submit the ticket:
https://d3go.helpshift.com/a/magic-puzzle-quest/?contact=1
And this is the message I just sent:
And this is the text I just sent:
I'm asking my team to send this ticket: 
The last RotGP event ended at 6 am CEST and even worse time in some other time zones. My coalition couldn't play all the matches because they need to sleep !!!
We already complained on the forum multiple times about the RotGP format that forces players to play at uncomfortable times. Please revise the charges/refresh system so that no player is forced to play at night or during work or other busy periods.
Thanks for your attention

Comments

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Seconded. I set my alarm for 6 am, which is a very bad thing right at the start, but since the boss HP were down to 1 % already, the time wasn't enough to even finish two matches before the event was over.
    This event needs to be either rebuilt completely without boss health and preferably in legacy - or it needs to be retired for good.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    The boss health is clearly the first issue to solve as it is almost impossible to plan anything. But the unconfortable schedule is a problem for any event. I dont get why we still don't have events designed with 12 hours after the last refresh ...
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should just give us all the charges from the beginning, that would make it easier for everyone to play, regardless on whether their time available is in the week or weekend.

It's not like we're all not coming back into the game every 6 hours anyways for the free pack or the daily reward, forcing a player to come back more frequently than that is unhealthy.
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    And the notion of giving us all the charges up front would seem less ridiculous if they stuck to 48-hour events and just gave us more of them, even if the prizes were correspondingly smaller.  It's even harder to justify scheduling your life around grinding out points if you're doing it after you've already made progression.

• Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    I’ve been asking for all charges up front with zero refreshes for at least a year. Good luck.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Either all charges up front or give the last 2 charges 12 hours before ending (instead of 1 12 hours before and 1 6 hours before ending). This should fix it for any timezone I think.
  • HarryMason
    HarryMason Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Maybe we could get 24 hrs worth of charges at a time. Complaining about boss health is kind of moot because they already did away with that system. They just will not let this event die .I don't want to ask them to fix it because I just don't want to play it anymore. I was sick of it 6 months ago. I was sick of it 6 months before that . They beat it into the ground , then brought it back with new objectives and the same terrible prizes. 

Since there's no real good way to make everybody happy whilst still encouraging semi regular log ins, 24 hour charges seems like a good compromise. The event could end 24 hours after the last charge . 24 hours worth Friday, another 24 worth Saturday, ends Sunday at the same time it started Friday. Or something similar. 

At any rate , the current model doesn't work at all for certain time zones and isn't really ideal for anyone. That usually means a fix is in order . Maybe it'll happen someday 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like the full charges up front idea. The point of charges is to get us to engage in the game and log in throughout the event. This isn't a bad thing. I love events because my coalition is chatty and checks all through the weekend and we have a lot of fun. 

However, I do like the final charge being 12 hours -- I think this is the only solution to provide for all time zones.

Also there are ways they could work with an all charges up front idea that could still serve their purpose of having us log in and engage with the game frequently. 

One idea is to start with all charges, but have charges fall off. For instance. Event starts on Friday and ends on Monday. We start with 15 charges. If none have been cleared by 24 hours, we lose one charge. If half haven't been cleared by 48 hours, we lose up to half ouf our existing charges. Example: start with 15, none cleared at 24 hours, we go down to 14, at 48 hours we go down to 7, whatever we have over that we lose. 

Another idea is to add charges every 24 hours. We start with 4 and max is 5. At 24 and 48 hours we get up to 3 more each depending on how many spots we have open. So start with 4 clear 1 within 24 hours, you're at 3 so you get 2 charges, clear 4 of those within the next 24 hours and you get all 3 at 48 hours. You then have 22 hours to clear those remaining charges. 

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:

However, I do like the final charge being 12 hours -- I think this is the only solution to provide for all time zones.

I'm a fan of this solution as well. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    A certain other D3 puzzle game lets players pick their start time. The coalition scores don’t count up until the last end time ends.  
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I really hate the idea of maximum charges as well.  Dragging myself to start playing the night of the event opening so that I don't lose charges sucks.  With the charge-less PvE events, it's nice to know that if I've got a busy night and all I have time for is pushing through TG/AXLN, I can just let those events sit until the next day or the day after when I do have time to tackle them.

Plus, I shouldn't need to go to outside sources of information to learn what I need to know!  If we're gonna keep up this refresh-on-a-timer system, I should be able to tell at a glance on the event page:

- how many charges I have (this one we've got)
    - what the maximum charges are (the outer ring usually tells this, but I don't trust it)
    - WHEN THE NEXT CHARGE IS COMING (why can I only know this if I've emptied out all my current charges??)

As is I've got to go find a document maintained by my coalition, or ask someone in chat, and hope that the answer is up to date and reliable.

• ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I would love to see 12-hour refresh events (10 hours to complete the last refresh instead of 6 hours or less).
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    ninjark said:
    I would love to see 12-hour refresh events (10 hours to complete the last refresh instead of 6 hours or less).
    Well RotGP's final refresh was with 10 minutes (if that) to spare. It was... awesome.  :|
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Brakkis said:
    ninjark said:
    Well RotGP's final refresh was with 10 minutes (if that) to spare. It was... awesome.  :|
    Oh let's be honest.  It was at least double that.  :D  :'(
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    ninjark said:
    Brakkis said:
    ninjark said:
    It was 25 minutes. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    ninjark said:
    Brakkis said:
    ninjark said:

But I prefer flippant exaggeration!
  • Wafflesauce
    Wafflesauce Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Let's be really honest:

RotGP ending in the middle of the night gives the majority of the player base just a taste of what we on night shifts and across the globe experience with every other event. 
  • gogol666
    I really don't get why it is so difficult to program a final period with no additional refresh.
    I would something on the line of (python should be easy enough to read):

If timer_fired:
       if cnt < maxcnt:
          increaseCharges()
          cnt += 1

Then you fix maxcnt to the number of refreshes you want to have and the event duration to whatever you like and after maxcnt refreshes you don't have any more charges.
    This way you can have any refresh rate, any event duration and a guarantee number of charges.
    You're welcome
  • gogol666
    By the way, with this solution we maintain the same maximum number of charges and the same refresh rate so same engagement same everything but a longer time at the end