A petition for a reasonable schedule for everybody

Options
2»

Comments

• ShaarkBiite
    ShaarkBiite Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I don't like the full charges up front idea. The point of charges is to get us to engage in the game and log in throughout the event.

That's a thing. From the publisher's point of view.

From a player's perspective, we want to engage in a game because it's attractive, not because of forced mechanisms.
    Agreed. If you play an event for a total number of hours, why should it matter exactly when you play it?

If you play each and every available charge, having all the charges upfront doesn't change how long it will take you to play the event. Engagement is static. 

If you're a player that doesn't max out charges, having all your charges upfront would actually allow you to play longer. Engagement increases!

• gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    By the way, the early start of tdw made the schedule even worse for me: now the last charge is at 2am Monday and the event finishes at 8 am. This means that d3 wants me to wake up early before work to play if I want to complete the event.
    Come on guys give us some time flexibility. We love the game and happier people means higher engagement and more money
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    By the way, the early start of tdw made the schedule even worse for me: now the last charge is at 2am Monday and the event finishes at 8 am. This means that d3 wants me to wake up early before work to play if I want to complete the event.
    Come on guys give us some time flexibility. We love the game and happier people means higher engagement and more money
     Looks like this is the new time schedule. Next weekends coalition event is set to the same time as TDW.

• joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's great how they listen to our pleas for sanity. :(
  • SinisterOne
    SinisterOne Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Couldn't they have it start at set time for like two time zones but at that time for everyone and make the reward brackets for those time zone groups?

Like let's say the events starts at 10am Eastern and 9am Central then it'll start at 10am Mountain and 9am Pacific. Alternating like this for all time zones. 

This would fix the crazy hour problem of events ending in the afternoon for some and in the middle of the night for others because if it's suppose to end at 9pm for a time zone then it's paired time zone would either end at 8pm or 10pm. 
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    I don't like the full charges up front idea. The point of charges is to get us to engage in the game and log in throughout the event.

That's a thing. From the publisher's point of view.

From a player's perspective, we want to engage in a game because it's attractive, not because of forced mechanisms.
    I agree. It's summertime and the so most players don't want to hang around to play on their device. We have TG and free booster packs to engage the players already. Throw all the charges in at once and let it be. This thread would not be created even if they made a goof with the times and the charges were upfront. People all around the world would be happy, too!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Any other solution that these hazardous refreshes would be better, giving all nodes at once, 18 hours after the last refresh ... Who cares as long as players are able to play all their nodes.
    ANYTHING would be better.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I would support the full charge option. Everybody could go an event in his own pace. btw. Kick Boss Life. The Majority doesn't want this. Give us full charged event and everybody is fine. 

In the Moment I am out of time sometimes. Or on Weekend out of matches, if I got enough time.

I a little bit outdated that I have to set an alarm to play a game! I have a lot other things to be alarmed in Real Life, so that's not the way it should be. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    gogol666 said:
    Dear @Brigby @Oktagon_Daiane, I would like to be constructive in this discussion:
    - we asked for a better refresh management and you made it even worse for everybody in Europe and Russia
    - we asked for shorter less grindy events and you gave us tdw (5 nodes, 3 days) that gives max progression before the third refresh (1/3 of the event
    - we asked for a final buffer time or all the charges upfront and we received no answer at all

We, and we I say we I not only speak for my coalition but also the larger community of about 200 people that plays with us, we just want some more flexibility in our time management. It is abysmal and beyond any normal game to force the player to modify their life just to complete an event. I understand that everything is our choice and nobody is really forcing us to play, but a small change will translate to a much better quality of life for everybody. 
    I'm suggesting below two ways to make our life less miserable:
    - Final buffer time: adding a final period in an event where no refreshes happen will make the schedule doable everywhere on Earth. I have been told that that cannot be done because of coding issues. I don't believe that: it is sufficient to add a state variable in the client that counts how many refreshes have fired. When a new refresh fires it will trigger only if the max desired number of refreshes is not reached already. I can help on that if needed.
    - full charges upfront: without changing anything to the code we can have full charges upfront just by setting the events differently. For instance, TDW can have duration 70 hours, refresh time 72 hours, max charges 9, starting charges 9 and it will have exactly the same number of matches for everybody in the world, but they will be free to play when they can.

Implementing one of these two would be enough, but shortening the events duration so that no more than 30 battles per event have to be fought would be a must.

Thanks for the attention.
    Soon I will be asking people to send you tickets with this message.
    I will send a ticket for charges upfront.

Lets not make it a choice. I know for a fact if they implement the buffer time one i will probably complain for upfront charges... eventually as would anyone else, i believe. 

And on the note of long and grindy. 5 nodes. 9 games per node.. what was the last short (2 day?) RTO event? 8 games? 7 games? Why not reduce it to match that - it actually didnt feel too long or too short no? 
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Charges only handcuff players scheduling in their daily lives. Especially , in the summer when doing some trips away where I could sit down before or after and do a large chunk of the charges to get ahead of the personal schedule.
    Also, how about some rewards after the limit reward at 125. Give some incentive at 200 then 250. Most players aren't going to get perfect scores and will land in the large void of end rewards with their personal score and weaker coalitions. The top coalitions are only going to get stronger with their well established core from the years. By no means that is a bad thing , but seeing the large difference in rewards is a little disheartening. Just a shot in the dark.
    Oh well.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Trying to figure out an event schedule that suits as many players as possible is a challenge we've been determined to figure out. We understand that the recent change in event time for The Dragon War was received with less than positive sentiment, so as a result, we will be reverting its event time to its former schedule.

We appreciate all the feedback players have provided, and we'll be sure to include that in our review of event scheduling. Thanks!

PS. Yes, that includes the feedback of upfront charges and increased time after last refresh :)
    It's
     nice that you mention it, since with all the silence it doesn't feel like it. Like, not at all, just a surprise change every six months or so. I'm looking forward to the solution you'll come up with!
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Trying to figure out an event schedule that suits as many players as possible is a challenge we've been determined to figure out. We understand that the recent change in event time for The Dragon War was received with less than positive sentiment, so as a result, we will be reverting its event time to its former schedule.

We appreciate all the feedback players have provided, and we'll be sure to include that in our review of event scheduling. Thanks!

PS. Yes, that includes the feedback of upfront charges and increased time after last refresh :)
    Thanks @Brigby for the answer, but the problem is not the schedule. The problem is the refresh system as it is today. The reason is there is no way to put the current system so that no time zone is forced to play at night or during work or during another busy period and this is due to the fact that the last refresh only gives a 6 hour time window to be played.
    I already suggest two ways, both of them easy to code, to solve this:
    1) give all charges at the start of the event: just set the refresh time two hours longer than the event duration and the starting number of charges equal to the max charges of the event and the desired number of refreshes
    2) extending the final 6 hour window to a more reasonable length: to do this just set a state variable that keeps track of the number of refreshes already happened and inhibit any other refreshes triggered by the timer

Just changing the starting time is not solving the problem and thinking that it does means a lack of comprehension of the problem itself. Please, bear with me, but my request is very reasonable if you think that I'm not asking to change the amount of time we have to play the game for each event (even though I think 45 battles are too many). I'm only asking to be allowed to choose when to play
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I (we) are sick and tired of having to adjust our lives to the event format put forth by D3. Every single event requires players to cram a final round of matches into a short 6 hour window(at best). People sleep for more than 6 hours, so no matter what, a chunk of the community is forced to either do poorly in an event, or sacrifice sleep. For those not sleeping, we must duck out of work to play a game, or ignore a personal obligation, etc. 

I do not think it is unreasonable to ask for events to be a little more flexible. We’d love to see multiple changes to the events, but a simple fix for this particular problem is to extend the end of the event, without giving us a recharge so that the event ends at least 16 hours after a final refresh. 

Our community is smart, we know that this change is not that hard to code. So inaction by D3 is a bit insulting... it says you just don’t care about our personal lives at all. And that’s probably unfair, because you are good people. But that’s the message you are sending. Continued inaction on this topic will just cement that notion in our minds. So please, consider this change to be urgent, delay all other efforts and just work on a solution. 

I recommend grabbing a handful of active forum participants to sit on a virtual panel with octagon to explore the problem and discuss the challenges on both sides. I say this because I don’t not think anyone seems to really comprehend the problem since the recent attempt at a fix it was to shift the event start time. It would go a long way to showing that you care about the topic, and are putting forth your best effort to understand and resolve it, and giving it the priority that is long overdue. 
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I recently posted that all Items in the Vault and Planeswalkers should have timers on them and always be visible in the vault (grey out when not available with a timer showing when available next), and I think that nodes should have visible timers on them too. Nodes should indicate via a timer when it will refresh and what the max charges for the event are. All info should be available in game in order to play it.

However, node refreshes are nonsense considering this is an international game with players all over the world in all timezones, so all charges should be given up front in an event. 

If an event is less than 24 hours, then all nodes should be given initially. If an event is 48 or 72 hours, then recharges should be given at the start of each 24 hour period so that gives a whole day to use them all.
    There also should be no node caps, so you dont lose a node if not used by refresh time.
    Rewards should also be better, and standard rewards for standard events.