Nebula (Infinity War) (8/20/18)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Let's do this release right and have NO gratuitous Support tie-in. You want to drop a GotG related thing, go for it. But no Nebula-only perks that make it feel like you're trying to double-dip on a single character release.
    I would highly doubt they will miss an opportunity  to push some supports to us. 
    Me too. I just figured I'd let them know I'm disappointed in their tinykitty before it comes out.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri huh? Guess that's two Shield Training events I'm missing out on...

Guess the Ghost Shield Training must have really traumatized them.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Dormammu said:

All in all I think Nebula's numbers in red and green look pretty weak with too many qualifiers to achieve them. I like her blue though.
    Interesting. I was thinking her Blue suffers from the same problem that Emma's Purple does. Takes a long time to get the AP and then after you finally fire the power you have to wait 2 MORE turns before it does anything and it's not fortified so it will be matched away...

I think Green will be a lot better than you think. Note that it doesn't say they have to be her teams tiles. So it would seem any attack/strike/defense tiles will do. Given how many characters these days seem to make some kind of special tile I would imagine there will be 8+ on the board on average netting 5K team damage.

Overall though she seems very middle of the road doing nothing well and can be easily replaced with so many others (I'd MUCH rather bring Riri for the same 3 active colors).

KGB

P.S. Brigby, is her heal a true heal or just a burst heal?

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first impression is that she's a character that can stand alone on her own. 

Her green does a maximum of 6340 damages, which isn't that difficult to achieve, theoretically speaking.

Her red reminds me of 2* Wolverine's green ability instantly. He places 1 strike tile plus another red strike tile for every 3 red ap the team has. However, she places two attack tiles for every three green ap the team has. 

To maximize her abilities I would save up 15 green ap (depending on the board), use her red followed by green, which is pretty obvious.

Overall, she's a straightforward character to use with a true heal.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards

Overall, she's a straightforward character to use with a true heal.
    Which color would you consider running at level 3?  None of them seem that strong at 5 so I can only imagine what they look like at level 3.  I'd probably run Blue at 3 simply because the heal isn't that big of a deal given the annoying repeater mechanic.

KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think both her blue and red is a pretty good contender for 3 covers. However, I would like to see what's her powers are like at 3 and 4 covers.

As of now, blue gets a vote for 3 cover. When her health is less than 50%, I switch her blue to 5 covers to maximize her healing.

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    So much lolz that discord gets confirmation from the forum community manager before the forum does.  They should really change the in-game text to reflect discord as the official location for communication.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Bridgy confirmed on Discord already that Nebula doesn’t have a GOTG tag. 
    glad i was there to see it (sarcasm)

So much lolz that discord gets confirmation from the forum community manager before the forum does.  They should really change the in-game text to reflect discord as the official location for communication.
    same here.  i keep wanting to comment in threads, giving them credit for good things accomplished, and then i see a comment like up above, and it sours any good will i may have wanted to spread.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bridgy confirmed on Discord already that Nebula doesn’t have a GOTG tag. 
    glad i was there to see it (sarcasm)

same here.  i keep wanting to comment in threads, giving them credit for good things accomplished, and then i see a comment like up above, and it sours any good will i may have wanted to spread.  
    If you look underneath the image of Nebula, or any character released for that matter, you will see their Rarity, their Affiliation, and their ability colors.

I did mention it in Discord, but only because that information is already available on the forum.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really bummed to see the lack of boss events on 4* releases trend continue. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This’ll be the first time I have everybody at 209, so I’m hype for this! I almost did it once before but had other iso priorities at the time. Operation: stack covers and let shield training dictate my iso spend is progressing according to plan....
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Grim Efficiency - 8 redtilepng AP
    Nebula lashes out with her dual blades, attacking her enemies' weak points. Deals 2,272 damage and creates 2 strength 180 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP her team has.  
    I couldn't figure out how to get outside of the grey quote box, but anyway does this mean she'll do 2272 damage for every three green AP, that would be 22,720.  Yeah you would have to save up 30 green but not spend any of it.

//Combined Comments Together For Clarity -Brigby
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like her. Not top tier, but far from useless. As mentioned, her red/green interaction reminds me of 2* Wolverine, but overall, she reminds me more of 2*/3* Thor: Nothing that immediately stands out as amazing, but solid numbers, and good internal synergy, fairly self-sufficient, can just drop into any team that needs her colours.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Shuri huh? Guess that's two Shield Training events I'm missing out on...

Guess the Ghost Shield Training must have really traumatized them.
    If they hadn't broken the pattern with the Emma Frost SHIELD Training, it would have been Black Panther then and Shuri now.  So it isn't that unexpected.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    This’ll be the first time I have everybody at 209, so I’m hype for this! I almost did it once before but had other iso priorities at the time. Operation: stack covers and let shield training dictate my iso spend is progressing according to plan....
    Same here bro 👊🏼
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, dude, I quit the game and literally one week later you guys release the character I've been waiting for since GOTG2 came out? Most uncool.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Nebula looks like a fun character to use. Glad she's in the game now. Looking forward to getting a cover from SHIELD Training  :)