Unannounced change of bounce?

Options
Rhasget
Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
I have been playing AI blue today with alot of bounce. I noticed that some (not all) bounce returned creature to hand even when full so Greg had 7 or more cards in hand at times.

Academy Journeymage, Exclusion Mage, Perilous Voyage and Depth of Desire all did this. 

I have not seen any notes of this being changed somewhere, or did I miss it?

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Update: Seems as I either was very tired this morning or just not paying close attention.

When testing this out more in story and TG I can only replicate it with Exclusion Mage. 

This card is the only M19 bounce so I guess that they have programmed it to fill the hand beyond 6 cards instead of destroying the creature like it has been from XLN(?) and forward.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:
    The real solution is to take off hand limited and add clean up step into the game.
    Also a second main phase would be nice.  And the ability to prioritize attacking triggers.

We'd win so many more matches if we could actually control which one of our abilities trigger on the stack first.

I know that's probably not super realistic in a app game, but still..
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:
    The real solution is to take off hand limited and add clean up step into the game.
    Also a second main phase would be nice.  And the ability to prioritize attacking triggers.

We'd win so many more matches if we could actually control which one of our abilities trigger on the stack first.

Forget all of that, just let me choose to assign blockers and target supports. Those are the two things I miss the most.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:

madwren said:

Forget all of that, just let me choose to assign blockers and target supports. Those are the two things I miss the most.
    I'm not quite sure I like the idea of a second main phase.  Obviously it would be fantastic for combos with gaining mana from attacking, but I feel like it would make winning even easier than it already is.  No fun if everyone is perfect.

And I have always figured allowing us to target supports/assign blockers was too difficult to code.  Considering we now have semi-targeted support kill I don't think that's as big of an issue now.  And assigning blockers would require a whole overhaul of the game's combat mechanics.

All that being said, I think the idea of no maximum hand size but adding in a discard step would be pretty cool.  Cards like Etali would be a bit trickier to use, but it may work out pretty well overall
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:

The game used to have start of combat triggers. Not sure why they took that away, but I really miss it. Makes the game entirely too finicky that Capt. Lambert Storm must always be in creature slot 1, and your vampire tokens must be in creature slot 3 for Mavren Fein decks. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    fiirst said:

The game used to have start of combat triggers. Not sure why they took that away, but I really miss it. Makes the game entirely too finicky that Capt. Lambert Storm must always be in creature slot 1, and your vampire tokens must be in creature slot 3 for Mavren Fein decks. 
    I agree.  Losing the universal pre-combat trigger made a lot of cards either useless or extremely difficult to use.  It was one of those changes that was never in a patch note or log, but just vanished into the aether
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:

All that being said, I think the idea of no maximum hand size but adding in a discard step would be pretty cool.  Cards like Etali would be a bit trickier to use, but it may work out pretty well overall
    no max hand?  Makes me wonder how quickly I could crash the game with my Kiora infinite-draw loop. :D