MPQ Sneak Peek: August Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Comments

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Lots and lots of Shuri next week...please, oh please, follow the past few weeks' example re: feeders!
    I think your excitement is well-placed, I will be quite shocked if we don't get Shuri announced as a feeder for Okoye. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Shouldnt Webbed Wonder have a classic 5ess?
    or, where are we now in the 5* essential cycle?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Smart80 said:
    Discord word is that they broke all patterns to feature all MCU things related for the 10th anniversary events
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    ursopro said:
    Smart80 said:
    Discord word is that they broke all patterns to feature all MCU things related for the 10th anniversary events
    Thanks
    Luckily we got 3 MCU in latest, so that wouldnt have to be influenced..
    Any word on period of festivities perhaps?
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Apologies if I missed it, is 3 or 4 day Webbed Wonder?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we done with the novelty off-season PVP events, or has it just all been disrupted by the MCU tie in stuff?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Apologies if I missed it, is 3 or 4 day Webbed Wonder?
    3, Strange Sights for new character is next
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Is the buff list coming soon?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(8/20/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Weekly Buffs, and added details about 4-Star Nebula.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I see War Machine as Shield Training essential and Boosted. Taking a stab at him being updated to feed IM46 next week. Doctor Strange and Banner to go.
    EDIT: Oops. Announcement confirmed it before I could post. My model is IM510W.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Will this mean that IM (Mark XLVI) will be the featured 5-star for the Hunt? This Gambit is just getting pushed back and back...
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grocket boosted with an essential Okoye in Strange Sights?

Paging Dr. 5trange... paging Dr. Stephen 5trange to lay the smackdown on Mindless Ones...
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:

Paging Dr. 5trange... paging Dr. Stephen 5trange to lay the smackdown on Mindless Ones...
    In that scenario, I might opt to bring in Ms Marvel to generate more TUs and skip Grocket altogether to let 5trange lay waste to all who stand before him...
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

In that scenario, I might opt to bring in Ms Marvel to generate more TUs and skip Grocket altogether to let 5trange lay waste to all who stand before him...
    But okoyes yellow is cheaper and puts out teamups.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    jackstar0 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Boosted Okoye, Strange, and Medusa. Just add Team Up. (But who to replace Strange with against Sentries? Jess Jones if you have her probably.)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

Neither my Okoye nor 5trange are champed quite yet (11 and 10 covers, respectively), but they're both maxed, so they could use the Grocket boost. Though now I'm wondering if 5/2/5 Level 435 Thano5 would be better. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second time I get to complete Shield Training! I've got Bucky and Shuri champed, and War Machine is fully covered, and I totally have the ISO to get him up to 209.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would have been nice if the Wasp progression cover wasn't yet another yellow: lots of the covers given as rewards for the Ant-Man & the Wasp promotion were already yellow Wasp covers, so it would have been nice to see something different.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    jackstar0 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

NEVER ENOUGH TU AP until I have 30!

And Ms Marvel puts out 9 tiles vs 4 for 1 extra yellow AP. Okoye lends crazy muscle to ALL! Imagine kicking out Ms. M's black team damage for 9AP and doing upwards of 40k team damage x 2!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    tiomono said:
    jackstar0 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

NEVER ENOUGH TU AP until I have 30!

And Ms Marvel puts out 9 tiles vs 4 for 1 extra yellow AP. Okoye lends crazy muscle to ALL! Imagine kicking out Ms. M's black team damage for 9AP and doing upwards of 40k team damage x 2!
    I get what your saying but with needing okoye up front it makes more sense to me to let okoye put out teamups and heal herself, instead of rely on a 2 star that has 100% color overlap and will go down fast with any aoe from the enemy.