Nebula (Infinity War) (8/20/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

"Stolen as a child by Thanos, Nebula was raised as an implement of destruction. Thanos repeatedly pit Nebula against her sister Gamora, replacing a piece of her body with cybernetic weaponry each time she lost.

Now, reconciled with Gamora and free of her father's control, Nebula seeks out Thanos, planning revenge with the tools the Titan himself gave her."

Check out the brand new 4-Star Nebula, and find out how you can recruit her onto your team! 

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes
bluetilepng greentilepng redtilepng 

(Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
Warped Enhancements - 9 bluetilepng AP
Nebula repairs her body using her terrible and fantastic cybernetics, readying herself for battle. If there's not one, create a 2-turn Blue Repeater tile that heals Nebula for 1,082 and creates a strength 310 Black Strike tile.

Galactic Rage - 10 greentilepng AP
Nebula unleashes her fury, charging towards her enemies in a whirlwind of attacks. Deal 634 damage to the enemy team for each Strike, Protect, or Attack tile on the board (to a max of 10).

Grim Efficiency
 - 8 redtilepng AP
Nebula lashes out with her dual blades, attacking her enemies' weak points. Deals 2,272 damage and creates 2 strength 180 Red Attack tiles for every 3 Green AP her team has.

Recruit Nebula!

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
  • Starts: 8/23/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 8/30/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Price: 7,000 Hero Points
  • Contents: 
    • Shuri (Master Engineer)
    • War Machine (James Rhodes)
    • 16x Elite Tokens
    • 6x Command Points
    • 20,000 Iso-8
Nebula & Friends
  • Starts: 8/26/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 9/1/18, 2:00am EDT
  • 80 Item Vault: 
    • Legendary Token
    • 3x Beginner Support Tokens
    • Random Nebula (Infinity War) cover
    • 2x Random 4-Stars from the Call for Backup missions, with an option of the following characters:
      • Shuri (Master Engineer)
      • War Machine (James Rhodes)
      • Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)
    • 21x 3-Stars
      • 3x Featured
      • 18x Random
    • 52x 2-Stars
      • 10x Featured
      • 42x Random

Event Schedule

Strange Sights - Story Event
  • Ends: 8/27/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Nebula (Infinity War) in Placement Rewards
S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Special Event
  • Ends: 8/30/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Rewards tokens to The Hunt, random cover of Nebula (Infinity War), and more!
The Hunt - Story Event
  • Starts: 8/26/18, 7:00am EDT
  • Ends: 8/31/18, 2:00am EDT
  • Nebula (Infinity War) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Nebula & Friends vault
Piece By Piece - Versus Tournament
  • Starts: 8/26/18, 8:00am EDT
  • Ends: 8/29/18, 3:00pm EDT
  • Nebula (Infinity War) as a Progression Reward
  • Rewards tokens to the Nebula & Friends vault

Comments

• huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    No versus tournament awarding Nebula for placement?
  • afsplat
    afsplat Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Carnage/Medusa her seems a natural fit
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Made Man on the 21st with Shuri in placement, Piece By Piece on the 26th with Nebula in progression, looks like time in between for another PVP with Shuri in progression and Nebula in placement. On the 23rd, first PVP of the new season. At least, it SHOULD be that.

Glad to see they went back to the old pattern of 4's for Shield Training, Winter Soldier and War Machine were up next but we got re-runs of Ant-Man and X-23 for Emma instead. (it's nice to go through them all so they're all equally useful to Shield Training at some point). But Emma should have had Main Event Hulk (instead had Iron Spider) and Nebula should have had Nico (instead we're getting Shuri) to keep cycling through the newer 4's with the same pattern, and that seems to have been thrown to the wind for no apparent reason.

Oh well, sticking to part of the pattern is better than ignoring the entire thing, I guess. A putting Shuri in Shield Training fits the MCU 10-Year Thing, I guess.

Other than that, looking forward to having a usable Nebula in a month or two. She looks like fun!
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't keep up with all these characters..... 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    No versus tournament awarding Nebula for placement?
    Shuri's Versus Tournament will be on the 23rd. I'm updating the Sneak Peek right now, and it'll include that info
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    She seems nicely balanced and a good member of GotG.

I do hope we find out Shuri is a feeder AND we still get a couple more feeders next week, too.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Guardians of the Galaxy affiliation?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Cool. Probably going to have to run her at 3/5/5, which will mean lower healing and a less power strike tile than the full levels shown above. 
    Definitely do not play red until you have green AP built up to 9+.
    Not a lot of direct damage, but those attack tiles could really start to matter. Especially when paired up with Grocket of course. Add Nico to that for some continually increasing damage (no black user though). 
    Nebula, Gamora/Yondu, & Nico is a rainbow actives team, but would you willingly play a Guardian without R4G on the team?

EDIT: Parts of this post were from early info that assumed Nebula would have a Guardians affiliation.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Would be great if some characters could have both Heroes and Villains affiliations.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Well, hoping I get my 2-star Daken and 2-star Moonstone champed to sell them and use the ISO to raise War Machine above 209. I can sell Deadpool 3-star in a pinch to get Winter Soldier up above that level as well, but I'm going to hold off on that move. I guess my Luke Cage 4-star can rest at 250 for a week or two. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feed her with IM40 and fire off all her powers.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Dormammu said:

That would be such an instant and immediate power up pairing her with Rocket & Groot. She's not...*really* part of the GotG in terms of the movies. She's kinda just doing her own thing.

Also, with regards to her blue description, "If there's not one" is a really awkward way to say "If one doesn't exist"

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's do this release right and have NO gratuitous Support tie-in. You want to drop a GotG related thing, go for it. But no Nebula-only perks that make it feel like you're trying to double-dip on a single character release.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Going off the top of my head but is her red skill description a copy paste of one of Gamora's reds?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Let's do this release right and have NO gratuitous Support tie-in. You want to drop a GotG related thing, go for it. But no Nebula-only perks that make it feel like you're trying to double-dip on a single character release.
    I would highly doubt they will miss an opportunity  to push some supports to us. 
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Dormammu said:

That would be such an instant and immediate power up pairing her with Rocket & Groot. She's not...*really* part of the GotG in terms of the movies. She's kinda just doing her own thing.

Also, with regards to her blue description, "If there's not one" is a really awkward way to say "If one doesn't exist"

Yondu has the Guardians tag, why not Nebs? She's already listed as a Hero. She told Mantis to meet on Titan. Was sad when she figured out what happened to Gamora (are these spoilers for anyone still?) She's part of the team in my book.

@Brigby any official word on her affiliation?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ABaker84 said:
    Dormammu said:

Yondu has the Guardians tag, why not Nebs? She's already listed as a Hero. She told Mantis to meet on Titan. Was sad when she figured out what happened to Gamora (are these spoilers for anyone still?) She's part of the team in my book.

@Brigby any official word on her affiliation?

Yondu got welcomed into the frickin' Guardians of the Galaxy.

I mean, I guess I agree with you, I suppose I'm just playing devil's advocate. Either that or they're scared about partnering her up with Rocket & Groot since that would nullify her buildup completely.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
     Either that or they're scared about partnering her up with Rocket & Groot since that would nullify her buildup completely.
    Meh, by the time you get 10 Green AP, even C&D or Carnage will have made more than enough tiles for you. Nothing really special about Rocket & Groot there.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bridgy confirmed on Discord already that Nebula doesn’t have a GOTG tag. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Dormammu said:

(Avengers: IW spoilers below!)

I suppose you're right, though after Infinity War the only Guardian left is Rocket so maybe he's looking for new membership.  ;)

As for teaming her with Grocket and giving too much of an advantage right off the bat, how is it any different than any other Guardian? You'd still have to gather 10 green AP for Nebula's Galactic Rage and it would only do 4,438 damage (if all 7 of Grocket's strike tiles survived that long). I mean, at max Nebula's green will only do 6,340 damage which is kind of a middle-of-the-road nuke for damage at the 4-star tier, given the requirements it needs (10 green AP and 10 tiles out - that's a lot of tiles).

All in all I think Nebula's numbers in red and green look pretty weak with too many qualifiers to achieve them. I like her blue though.