6* possibilities

Options
Drlex
Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
This is just a suggestion. Since we are getting flooded with 4* and the 5* list keeps growing. I am suggesting a 6* possibility. My suggestion is that they are whole teams not individuals. Inhumans, Defenders, Fantastic Four, X-men, Spiderverse, Avengers, Wakanda  Forever, and whatever other teams you want to come up with. 

A possible way to handle it would be once you champion all 3 of the team members you get access to the 6* team that will statistically appropriate. 

I personally think it would be good to have one 5* and two 4* make up a team, but you are necessarily limited to that.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They're called supports.
  • Drlex
    Options
    I like the supports, but that is not what I am suggesting. I am suggesting that the next level up 6* be teams instead of single characters. They can use the characters they have now. Make them statically appropriate for 6*. A team that has synergy like Okoye, BP4*, Shuri could be Wakanda Forever. While they work well together, they would a formidable team if they were the equivalent of 5* or even a bit tougher since my suggestion is 6*.

inhumans could be B.B., Medusa, Lockjaw. They have a kind of synergy. They are quite tough when at those higher levels scl 9. But imagine them statistically for 6*.

Basically we could have higher level but the focus would be teams. Besides I think it would be kinda fun to have different teams hash it out.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really want 6*s but I don't like the whole team idea.  Then you would go from playing the same 2-3 5*s every time to playing the same 1 6* everytime and nothing else.

Also how would this work with required nodes?
  • Drlex
    Options
    That is a good question. You could use whatever team they are a part of, or you could use the singles characters. 

I have a few 5* champs, so I am naturally working on my 5* roster. I have little opportunity or reason for playing specialized teams. My 4* and 3* are basically ignored because even in the required nodes, my 5* carry the load.

this would mean I would still have to champ the 4* characters in order to get the 6* team. 

I certainly haven’t thought of all the details, or even very many. I am just throwing out an idea.
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's my opinion that the existing implementation of 5star characters is awful, and as a result I'm highly skeptical that the introduction of a 6th tier is going to be handled gracefully.

For the first 4 tiers, a freshly-recruited character starts out significantly lower than the level of a well-developed character of the tier before, their match damage seems mostly commensurate with level, and as a result you can gradually build up your characters in each tier organically without unduly impacting your PvP MMR or skewing your PvE gameplay. Your 1star characters should be well past level 15 when you begin to accumulate 2stars; your 2stars will be well past level 40 by the time your 3stars are accumulating enough covers to be effective, and 3stars will be handily past level 70 (not to mention that 4s accumulate much more slowly and are gated by ISO for full leveling) by the time you have built up a stable of low-covered 4s.

5stars start at the level of an all-but-champed 4star with one cover and therefore have an outsized impact on player MMR from the get-go. Recent 5s have twice the match damage of equal level 4s, breaking the ability of characters to use level alone as a reasonable gauge for opponent difficulty in pvp, and leading toward boosted 5s being "god mode" for match damage in story mode for no obvious good reason.

So what's supposed to happen with 6-stars? Are they going to start at level 450 and do twice the damage of an equal level 5star? Or are they suddenly going to scale more gradually as with the previous levels, leaving players with the impression that they are "not that great" as compared with the 5star tier? Certainly that would cause players to be less than excited about the new tier.

Given the relatively small number of 5stars, the known poor balance within the 5star tier and the abrupt jump in scaling between the 4 and 5star tiers, I would much prefer that they rework the 5star tier entirely to be on a more consistent scale with the previous 4 tiers before introducing another tier of character that has no chance of being scaled reasonably off the existing character set.
  • Drlex
    Options
    I appreciate the comments. I do agree that they probably couldn’t execute it very well. I was just giving thoughts.