**** Hulk (The Main Event)****

124»

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yepyep said:
    Just champed him thanks to the recent PvE.  He was at 5/4/4 (well, 7/4/4 to be precise...) before I champed him.  Do people really get 14 purple or 12 yellow AP often enough to get him to use either of those abilities in non-wave fights?  Or are there AP reduction abilities that he needs to make him worthwhile? (I'm looking at you, Shuri and Star-Lord!)  I've got him at 5/5/3, but I think I've used his purple once in the event, and it was in the last level of a wave.  Boosted C4ge's yellow was cheaper, and was nearly a one-shot kill on just about any SCL8 enemy.
    Boosted C4ge is hard to argue with... But, to MEH: I, too, just champed him +1 cover. I've been playing him 5/5/3 in Honor Among Thieves event with champed, boosted Mordo and America. I have found that his purple has been suprisingly useful and achievable -- maybe about once per match or every other. Mostly I haven't boosted with +2 AP, though I have a few times, for sure. I will say that I'm not convinced that 5/5/3 is best and it's worth playing around a bit with 3/5/5, too.

I've been using MEH in large part to verify the stats that I calculated for his tile switching - How often does it result in a match for you?  At LVL 5, the "two pairs of tiles" switching gives you at least one match about 22% of the time, with about 15% of those matches resulting in cascades.  Those are pretty close to what I had figured out, so I feel good about that.

If I weren't trying to validate my calculations, I'd be using Teen Jean, who is almost ALWAYS my #1 choice when she's boosted.  Teen Jean/Scarlet Witch/C4ge is great, but if you replace C4ge with 4-star Star Lord, I can get close to 9K damage to everyone for 8 purple AP, which is easy with Scarlet Witch.  In a pinch, Star Lord can over-write tiles with his purple...but that's something I'd only do to prevent a team member from dying.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    3/5/5
    Yepyep said:
    Just champed him thanks to the recent PvE.  He was at 5/4/4 (well, 7/4/4 to be precise...) before I champed him.  Do people really get 14 purple or 12 yellow AP often enough to get him to use either of those abilities in non-wave fights?  Or are there AP reduction abilities that he needs to make him worthwhile? (I'm looking at you, Shuri and Star-Lord!)  I've got him at 5/5/3, but I think I've used his purple once in the event, and it was in the last level of a wave.  Boosted C4ge's yellow was cheaper, and was nearly a one-shot kill on just about any SCL8 enemy.
    Boosted C4ge is hard to argue with... But, to MEH: I, too, just champed him +1 cover. I've been playing him 5/5/3 in Honor Among Thieves event with champed, boosted Mordo and America. I have found that his purple has been suprisingly useful and achievable -- maybe about once per match or every other. Mostly I haven't boosted with +2 AP, though I have a few times, for sure. I will say that I'm not convinced that 5/5/3 is best and it's worth playing around a bit with 3/5/5, too.

I've been using MEH in large part to verify the stats that I calculated for his tile switching - How often does it result in a match for you?  At LVL 5, the "two pairs of tiles" switching gives you at least one match about 22% of the time, with about 15% of those matches resulting in cascades.  Those are pretty close to what I had figured out, so I feel good about that.

If I weren't trying to validate my calculations, I'd be using Teen Jean, who is almost ALWAYS my #1 choice when she's boosted.  Teen Jean/Scarlet Witch/C4ge is great, but if you replace C4ge with 4-star Star Lord, I can get close to 9K damage to everyone for 8 purple AP, which is easy with Scarlet Witch.  In a pinch, Star Lord can over-write tiles with his purple...but that's something I'd only do to prevent a team member from dying.
    As to frequency of matches due to his green, I am no statistician but your numbers sound about right off the top of my head. "Pretty often," is what I'd say. Cascades about 1 in 5 of those, thus 1/25 overall, sounds maybe a little low but not by much. I'm on the fence about this power and whether I like it at more or less matches...

I love Je4n, too. I use her a LOT, but suddenly with this event I have an embarassment of champed 4*s! Boy, that's definitely new. I've got MEH, America, Je4n, C4ge, and Mordo to choose from and those last 3 are all totally stellar champed (America is always stellar). I've been mixing it up in the 3rd round but Mordo is my main go-to -- he just has such good weaponry, though you do have to adjust purple/black depending on if he's fighting with MEH or C4ge. Mordo, C4ge, and 5* SL (1/2/3) is a pretty nice team.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Champed (and boosted) MEH was my MVP of the Galactus boss event,
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I was tempted to try him out with Shuri and Bumfist in Galactus event but IM40 as battery was so much easier. 6 yellow ap then game over.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    talleman said:
    I was tempted to try him out with Shuri and Bumfist in Galactus event but IM40 as battery was so much easier. 6 yellow ap then game over.
    using Hawkguy helped build up the purple AP every time I matched a Galactus count down (but it didnt seem to work on those special tiles the countdowns produced though). Those 5 criticals do some crazy things
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    MEHulk will be my next champed 4* and I have no idea how to spec him. I currently have him 5/4/4 with 3 saved covers. 5 in Purple is non-negotiable. As for Green or Yellow I'm stuck. Green helps as much as it hurts, but overall, doesn't do much. Yellow is more helpful, but it's pretty expensive. Anyone have any tips?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    MEHulk will be my next champed 4* and I have no idea how to spec him. I currently have him 5/4/4 with 3 saved covers. 5 in Purple is non-negotiable. As for Green or Yellow I'm stuck. Green helps as much as it hurts, but overall, doesn't do much. Yellow is more helpful, but it's pretty expensive. Anyone have any tips?
    I've got him as 5/5/3.  Captain obvious says "You get a better chance at free matches when you move four tiles than when you move two...which means more cascades and more free AP."  I've used his yellow less than a half-dozen times in all the fights I've used had him with, including his most recent Crash of the Titans vs Gladiathor.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    MEHulk will be my next champed 4* and I have no idea how to spec him. Anyone have any tips?
    It's 5/5/3. Use the chaos of his green to your advantage and when it isn't an advantage pick someone else.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri/P4nther are great with Main event for reducing his AP cost, slowing down enemy powers, and increasing the incidental damage from his tile swapping. Mockingbird/Chavez help you fire his moves for free. Nightcrawler/Chavez is also fun, since Bamf! Can help you gather all colors very quickly (even purple)
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    I'm a big fan of his yellow and believe it to be very underrated by the community. It's better team damage than you might expect over the course of those 3 turns, and earns a ton of AP back - some of which could be purple. 
    So I run him 3/5/5 to get the most out of his active abilities. 

I think he depends a lot on the team you will be running him with (nothing new). During his boost week, he is often the only boosted 4* that has an active yellow ability.

If you play him with 5* characters though, you may have a better/stronger/cheaper yellow to use, and may benefit more from his swaps with 5 covers in green. as others have stated.

I'll leave you with this though, I can sometimes get 2 Gamma Powerbombs off when at 3/5/5, but almost never more than 1 time per match at 5/5/3.  My ME Hulk is currently level 317, so he's gotten some good use. 

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    3/5/5 here and I’ll never respec. 

- There are very few good yellow outlets in the tier.

- You are way more likely to get free AP (and more of it) from his yellow than his green. 

- I often play him with my level 255 half-health Thor and Thor fuels yellow. 

- I more often play him with Shuri who benefits from 5 fortified tiles on the board. 

- The extra time it takes for him to swap tiles (that more often than not do nothing or hurt) simply annoy me in a game where speed is everything. 

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    RickOShay said:
    I'm a big fan of his yellow and believe it to be very underrated by the community. It's better team damage than you might expect over the course of those 3 turns, and earns a ton of AP back - some of which could be purple. 

Same here pair him with C&D run him at 3/5/5 and watch the opposing team dissolve, someone who generates strike tiles like OML or Phoenix make his yellow even more dangerous . 

If you want total chaos run him 5/5/3 with Agent Venom a shuffle followed by board shake once you get over 12 ap I think Wicken would be a good 3rd in this group since he benefits from a high AP pool as well but I do not have enough levels in him to experiment.  Regardless those two work very well against tile spamming teams. 

He is flexible I will sometimes even do 5/3/5 his pink power is so powerful with the crits that even at 3 he typically one shots the target if you are running him with a 5.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3
    I think it depends who you pair him with. One of my favorite combinations: MEH at 5/5/3 equipped with the Destroyer Gun support to make Purple his strongest color, then pairing him with America Chavez and Valkyrie. You have to make sure to always target the character that has Valkyrie's bounty on them, but in short order you'll be generating enough Purple every turn to mow down most teams, in addition to the auto-crits from Chavez and the bonus strike tiles from Valk if you do take damage...