Android Pie (no longer in beta) [Fixed in R160]

2»

Comments

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Updated to R159 and no change. Still crashing when game doesn't have focus.
  • Wetzilla
    Wetzilla Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Same here.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Same. Extremely annoying if you have a wife or dog you occasionally have to give focus to :).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I'll touch base with the team tomorrow during our meeting to see if they have any updates on this.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I am having similar issues as everyone else on my Pixel 2 XL with the Android P official update. The game often hangs after locking/unlocking the phone or switching from another app and I have to force close it.
    It would probably be a good idea to address this before Android P starts hitting non-Pixel phones.
  • jmetzner
    jmetzner Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    This happens to me sometimes on my Pixel XL, but not every time.
  • Wetzilla
    Wetzilla Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Any update? This is getting really annoying, and they've had months to fix it at this point. My VIP is coming up for renewal, and I'd like to not miss my streak but I'm not going to spend money on a game that doesn't work right.
  • jackstar0
    edited August 2018
    I wanted to add that I suspected it might be the battery algorithm they added, but even after turning that off the game still crashed (and continues to crash) when the phone changes focus or goes to sleep.

But I do suspect is could be RAM/resource related in a way that Pie isn't compatible with for whatever reason.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I updated my Essential phone to Pie and am having the same problems. Usually crashes when switching apps and switching back, or locking the phone and turning it back on. It's also randomly crashed in the middle of a match 3 times now.

It was 100% stable on Oreo.
  • Brigby
    Hi everyone. I just spoke with the team, and it looks like the R160 build should hopefully fix the crashes occurring on Android Pie. 
  • jackstar0
    Brigby said:
    Hi everyone. I just spoke with the team, and it looks like the R160 build should hopefully fix the crashes occurring on Android Pie. 
    Fantastic to hear. Thank you, sir.
  • jackstar0
    Bumping to say that since the update today, things do seem to be fairing much better for my game and phone.

@Brigby Thank you and please pass on my thanks to the team.
  • Brigby
    jackstar0 said:
    Bumping to say that since the update today, things do seem to be fairing much better for my game and phone.

Brigby Thank you and please pass on my thanks to the team.
    Glad to hear that! I'll be sure to pass that message along to them :)
  • jackstar0
    @Brigby

Sorry to say that I need to re-raise this one. I've gotten two crashes over the last couple days.

Hoping it's just an oversight in a daily or something, but if you can please let the devs know, it'd be appreciated again.
  • Brigby
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby

Sorry to say that I need to re-raise this one. I've gotten two crashes over the last couple days.

Hoping it's just an oversight in a daily or something, but if you can please let the devs know, it'd be appreciated again.
    Were they the exact same crashes as prior to R160, or are they different crashes? Certainly no less important to look into, but I just want to make sure they're looking in the right areas.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    I am getting a few freezes/crashes here and there, but they seem more random and not related to minimizing/switching apps. I've had the game freeze a couple of times while actively playing it. It's not super common for me, maybe once every day or two.
  • jackstar0
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby

Were they the exact same crashes as prior to R160, or are they different crashes? Certainly no less important to look into, but I just want to make sure they're looking in the right areas.
    Very reasonable question. For me they appeared to happen when the game was minimized, and required a force quit.
  • Brigby
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby

Very reasonable question. For me they appeared to happen when the game was minimized, and required a force quit.
    Thanks for the info! I just passed this issue along to the team. Would you mind providing me (either here or in a private message) your in-game name, so the team can take a look at your account, as well? (Just in case it's account specific issue, as opposed to device)
  • jackstar0
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby said:
    jackstar0 said:
    Brigby

Thanks for the info! I just passed this issue along to the team. Would you mind providing me (either here or in a private message) your in-game name, so the team can take a look at your account, as well? (Just in case it's account specific issue, as opposed to device)
    In-game is the same as here: jackstar0
    I certainly hope it's just me so this isn't as widespread an issue as it was at the start of this.
  • Brigby
    jackstar0 said:
    In-game is the same as here: jackstar0
    I certainly hope it's just me so this isn't as widespread an issue as it was at the start of this.
    Sounds good. I'll relay that along to them, as well. Thanks!