2.8.1 Hot Fixes (8/7/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Here are some of the recent updates added to the 2.8.1 hot-fix patch:

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused an infinite loading screen to occur.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Support cards' Shield values to display as 3, instead of their correct Shield values.
  • Fixed an issue where multiple Core Set 2019 packs were displayed as Booster packs, when viewing them in the Vault. They now correctly display as Booster, Super, and Premium packs.
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect deck slot prices for Jaya Ballard and Teferi, Hero of Dominaria. They are now set to the correct price of 20,000 Mana Runes.
  • Fixed some Text Issues

Comments

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Glad I levelled Tef before, 20k for a deckslot is simply too much.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    The extra slots for the five new mono walkers are all still 2000 runes at the moment.  Not that you can own them yet...
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    The extra slots for the five new mono walkers are all still 2000 runes at the moment.  Not that you can own them yet...
    Not for me.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    rafalele said:
    Not for me.

Here’s what I see....

• Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Mburn7 said:
    Froggy said:
    Why do we even need to pay for deck slots? How is this worth in game currency of any kind?
    We...uh.....asked for them.  And said we would be willing to pay for them.  And then said how happy we were with them when they came out.

To be fair, deck slots were the #1 most requested feature for a very long time, so pretty much any implementation would be good.  And they came at a time when people had literal millions of runes sitting around, so the cost wasn't a big deal. 

Actually, it was specifically put in as a top-end player resource sink so the runes would have a purpose.

So, yeah.  We asked for it, got what we asked for, thanked the devs for giving us what we asked for, and are now loudly complaining about it a year later.  Game design is hard yo.
    Sure. We did. Myself included. A year ago. But not for 150 crystals. I will never pay with crystals - ever. We never asked for that part. Not to mention this was also at a time when we didn’t know what to do with our millions of runes. It’s no longer the case as we’ve had a long list of PWs released since - including Karn and two versions of Bolas. It’s just a little outdated. Imo.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    rafalele said:
    Not for me.

Here’s what I see....

Thank you, I thought you were talking about basic mono color planeswalkers. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    We should be able to purchase as many deck slots as we want in some form or another. Being limited to 3 is ridiculous.

Even if they feel it's some sort of space issue, they should acknowledge the "Beginner-Expert-Master" nonsense for what it is (remember when they were going to give credit to the forum posters who made the decks?), and let us acquire those deck slots for our own usage.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    Froggy said:
    Why do we even need to pay for deck slots? How is this worth in game currency of any kind?
    We...uh.....asked for them.  And said we would be willing to pay for them.  And then said how happy we were with them when they came out.

To be fair, deck slots were the #1 most requested feature for a very long time, so pretty much any implementation would be good.  And they came at a time when people had literal millions of runes sitting around, so the cost wasn't a big deal. 

Actually, it was specifically put in as a top-end player resource sink so the runes would have a purpose.

So, yeah.  We asked for it, got what we asked for, thanked the devs for giving us what we asked for, and are now loudly complaining about it a year later.  Game design is hard yo.
    I don't get this argument at all.  Did Froggy say he was willing to pay for them?  No.Then Froggy has every right to make this request.

And even if he did say he would pay for them, what if they cost 50,000 crystals each.  Would he still be unjustified in complaining?

Giving us something we requested was great, and they received a lot of praise for it.  But that doesn't mean we don't have a right to continue requesting enhancements to this thing.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    babar3355 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Froggy said:

I don't get this argument at all.  Did Froggy say he was willing to pay for them?  No.Then Froggy has every right to make this request.

And even if he did say he would pay for them, what if they cost 50,000 crystals each.  Would he still be unjustified in complaining?

Giving us something we requested was great, and they received a lot of praise for it.  But that doesn't mean we don't have a right to continue requesting enhancements to this thing.
    This isn't an argument so much as an explanation.  He asked why we need to pay for them.  I said its because we originally said we would pay for them.

While I personally don't see what the big deal is, you all have every right to ask for a cost reduction.  I wasn't trying to discourage that, just provide some explanation as to how we ended up in the current situation.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    > "Why do we even need to pay for deck slots? How is this worth in game currency of any kind?"

> "
    We...uh.....asked for them.  And said we would be willing to pay for them."

> "
    I don't get this argument at all."

?  What argument?  I read it more as answering the question of how the current state came to be.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mburn7 said:
    babar3355 said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Froggy said:

This isn't an argument so much as an explanation.  He asked why we need to pay for them.  I said its because we originally said we would pay for them.

While I personally don't see what the big deal is, you all have every right to ask for a cost reduction.  I wasn't trying to discourage that, just provide some explanation as to how we ended up in the current situation.
    Then my apologies sir =)
  • ElimGarak
    ElimGarak Posts: 85 Match Maker
    edited August 2018
    With this update certain things don't work any longer. For example: murders flash ability is gone (just sits there fully charged, while I get beaten to pulp attacked by haste creature ... that's what muder was for); tragic arrogance does nothing, it's just been cast, but does not destroy any creatures; the demon created by the rite of belzenlok, doesn't do it's thing any more, just once when entering but not on the following turns ... Hotfix?? What's going on????