Bring Back the WURBG Loading Wheel

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
I have asked for this in pretty much every other thread, and I have been ignored.  Maybe this is the place to do it.

For those that don't know, when this game first came out the loading spinny wheel was the classic MTG mana color wheel (the 5 colors in WURBG order like you see on the back of the cards).  It really gave the app a nice MTG feel to it, and it looked awesome.

Then when Kaladesh came out and the app got its first major graphics update, Hibernium took it out.  We were given no notice or reasoning, it was just gone.

Please Please Please Please give me my mana wheel loading spinny wheel thingy back.  I miss it so much.

Comments

• Mburn7
    Bumping because I REALLY WANT MY SPINNY WHEEL BACK
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay.. I second this, but only because of your performance providing me the monthly Q&A.
  • Mburn7
    I don't understand.  Why am I the only person who wants this back?  It was so cool.

Or maybe there's just nobody on this thread.  Hmmmm................
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I think it sounds cool, but I joined the game after it was gone, so I don't really know what I'm missing. I would like them to reinstate it.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    +++bump
  • Mburn7
    Bumpity Bumpity Bump.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please note that posts simply to bump a thread to the top of the page is not allowed. We understand that players are passionate about their ideas, but it's not fair to other posters, if players continuously bump their posts.

Please allow for all threads to grow organically, based on the amount of attention community members naturally place on them. Thank you!
  • Mburn7
    Brigby said:
    *Please note that posts simply to bump a thread to the top of the page is not allowed. We understand that players are passionate about their ideas, but it's not fair to other posters, if players continuously bump their posts.

Please allow for all threads to grow organically, based on the amount of attention community members naturally place on them. Thank you!
    Sorry, my bad.  With how little is posted here I didn't think it would be as big of a deal.

While you're here, though, what is your opinion on this @Brigby?  I can't remember if you started here before or after the change.
  • Brigby
    Not to worry. I know the Suggestions & Feedback sub-forum isn't exactly bustling, compared to General Discussion, but the team does review it from time to time to see what's a popular idea or not.

I can't quite recall ever seeing a loading wheel that scrolls through all the mana colors, but it certainly sounds like a fun idea. I could see them re-adding something like that at some point, if the content still exists out there.

If I'm being honest though, since this is purely a nice-to-have visual effect, it would probably rank lower on the priority list than other tasks, such as bug fixes or card development. It's certainly not a bad idea! It just wouldn't be a high priority right now.
  • Mburn7
    Brigby said:
    Not to worry. I know the Suggestions & Feedback sub-forum isn't exactly bustling, compared to General Discussion, but the team does review it from time to time to see what's a popular idea or not.

I can't quite recall ever seeing a loading wheel that scrolls through all the mana colors, but it certainly sounds like a fun idea. I could see them re-adding something like that at some point, if the content still exists out there.

If I'm being honest though, since this is purely a nice-to-have visual effect, it would probably rank lower on the priority list than other tasks, such as bug fixes or card development. It's certainly not a bad idea! It just wouldn't be a high priority right now.
    It didn't scroll through the color exactly.  It was more like the mana wheel on the back of a paper magic card was the thing that was spinning.

It was removed when Kaladesh came out (that's why I can't remember if you were here already or not).

I know it is super low-priority, but I figured if it is easy enough to code it would be nice to have it back.
  • Brigby
    Ahh I see. I'm sure they're aware of the request (you do ask it each Q&A after all ;) ), but I'll be sure to pass it along to them, the next time they ask about any visual improvements like that.
  • Mburn7
    Brigby said:
    Ahh I see. I'm sure they're aware of the request (you do ask it each Q&A after all ;) ), but I'll be sure to pass it along to them, the next time they ask about any visual improvements like that.
    You know, I have put it in every Q&A list and yet this is the first time I know that they are seeing it.
    I just really miss it, you know?  It was one of those small things that are the difference between a good game and a great one.

Thanks!!