Brand New Supports Feature! (4/5/18)

1141516171820»

Comments

  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I think these supports are terrific and am happy to have them.

    But this just exemplifies, more than ever, the need to either reopen the prologue or create some new, open-ended story mode where we can just play and play. (I suggested something along those lines here:  https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71118/proposal-new-story-mode-replacing-the-prologue-long )

    I've played each of the nodes in Wakandan Design Group the requisite four times and am now "enjoying" the long cooldown while the points regenerate.  I have these wonderful new toys and chimichangas and cannot actually do anything at all with them right now.  If it were a new character that I'd acquired, I could play some PVP to see how the powers work, but I can't play anything right now without messing up my placement rank.

    I've got this great Rank 2 chimichanga and I can't taste it for another twelve hours.  This is cruel.
    On that vein, they should add back the replayable node in the season screen.  They used to have a replayable node (no rewards), but at least it let us try out new characters, and in this case supports.  Or just a real sandboxed Danger Room thingy where we can select the characters on both sides so we can experiment with counters without the pressure of placement.  No rewards need to be given (would be nice, but I think that'd have to be tied to any task based mission rewards that they should bring to the game), but it let's us goof around and try out new things...  
    i really like the Danger Room idea. Could even cost a little iso if you can set all parameters for the fight.

    maybe, if they dont want people to abuse it as before, to heal characters, it might even be decoupled from our rosters. Could also let people test things they dont have yet....
  • Crnch73Crnch73 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:
    The whole thing has been very underwhelming, it's the most vanilla update to the game that I can recall since starting.
    Come on man, its like saying Valkyrie is bad because you have her at 0/0/1 lvl 70. These are useless right now, but we're 2 days in with bug and quality of life changes already on the way. Once you get ranks and levels on them, then come back and see how they are.
    Even when they first announced this change, you could tell it was pretty bland. Especially when you consider how long it’s been since the last decent-sized change. Gone are the days of introducing changes like champ levels and shield rankings. 
  • MojoWildMojoWild Posts: 763 Critical Contributor
    Has this been asked/ answered?
    In the future, could we equip supports while selecting characters for a fight, instead of having to add outside the event?
  • StraycatStraycat Posts: 962 Critical Contributor
    Crnch73 said:
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:
    The whole thing has been very underwhelming, it's the most vanilla update to the game that I can recall since starting.
    Come on man, its like saying Valkyrie is bad because you have her at 0/0/1 lvl 70. These are useless right now, but we're 2 days in with bug and quality of life changes already on the way. Once you get ranks and levels on them, then come back and see how they are.
    Even when they first announced this change, you could tell it was pretty bland. Especially when you consider how long it’s been since the last decent-sized change. Gone are the days of introducing changes like champ levels and shield rankings. 
    Yeah, thats the difference between a game thats 2-3 years old and one thats now almost 5 years old. Those changes were to supplement resource management, something that shifted a lot as the game grew. The game is now sustainable with the long running 4* and 5* release pattern, so they did something different.

    I still think its too early to judge on how much supports will do. Maybe getting your first full rank support will feel as good as getting your first max covered 4. Maybe they will be applied once and never swapped or leveled.
    But this isn't supposed to be usable at 1 cover, and reaching the support endgame should take a while. 
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    MojoWild said:
    Has this been asked/ answered?
    In the future, could we equip supports while selecting characters for a fight, instead of having to add outside the event?
    You can,  select your character,  hit info,  scroll over to supports
  • smkspysmkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:
    The whole thing has been very underwhelming, it's the most vanilla update to the game that I can recall since starting.
    Come on man, its like saying Valkyrie is bad because you have her at 0/0/1 lvl 70. These are useless right now, but we're 2 days in with bug and quality of life changes already on the way. Once you get ranks and levels on them, then come back and see how they are.
    I never said they won't get better, but some retro application for high tier rosters might have made this better received. Far as I'm concerned, this change is on the samem level of applying team up or AP boosts as of now. Just my view fwiw...least with scl we got mass influx of iso.

    Number of years the game means nothing, if the game changing update does little to change the actual game.
  • Crnch73Crnch73 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Straycat said:
    Crnch73 said:
    Straycat said:
    smkspy said:
    The whole thing has been very underwhelming, it's the most vanilla update to the game that I can recall since starting.
    Come on man, its like saying Valkyrie is bad because you have her at 0/0/1 lvl 70. These are useless right now, but we're 2 days in with bug and quality of life changes already on the way. Once you get ranks and levels on them, then come back and see how they are.
    Even when they first announced this change, you could tell it was pretty bland. Especially when you consider how long it’s been since the last decent-sized change. Gone are the days of introducing changes like champ levels and shield rankings. 
    Yeah, thats the difference between a game thats 2-3 years old and one thats now almost 5 years old. Those changes were to supplement resource management, something that shifted a lot as the game grew. The game is now sustainable with the long running 4* and 5* release pattern, so they did something different.

    I still think its too early to judge on how much supports will do. Maybe getting your first full rank support will feel as good as getting your first max covered 4. Maybe they will be applied once and never swapped or leveled.
    But this isn't supposed to be usable at 1 cover, and reaching the support endgame should take a while. 
    I agree that it’s too early to make a “truly good or bad” verdict. I’m just underwhelmed, especially for how long it took to develop. In a vacuum, it is a fine change. But the duration between big changes made me hope it was going to be something I was thankful and excited for. I was hoping we would be all smiles. Instead I think the letdown is really what may be clouding my judgement
  • JSP869JSP869 Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

    Since there is some confusion as to which max champ character has a support enabled, would you kindly inquire as to what happens if you sell a character with a support enabled? 

    Does the support go back into inventory, or is it gone for good?
    It stays in your inventory.
    Thank you! I was actually wondering about this. In addition to my other gripes/suggestions.
  • PongiePongie Posts: 1,332 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:

    PvP season rewards get hoovered up by the top 50 every month. I hit 4K every month, place around the top 7th percentile 250/5k, and the rewards for that are like three heroic tokens. It's a pittance. Putting the tokens here will just give more to the few people who are already gobbling up everything.

    So yeah, I feel like a fairly average player. Generally top 7-15 percentile, consistent daily play, VIP access and a full champed 3*, fully recruited 4* roster, trying to cover them. There's gotta be a lot of other players like me. In my experience, if the new tokens aren't in the progression rewards for story events, then I can pretty much ignore this feature entirely. The random vault token I pull will likely be less frequent than the rate at which new supports get introduced.
    Just want to point out that you are currently top 7-15 percentile in your season bracket. There are many brackets per season with varied scores. Top 50 in one bracket might not even be Top 200 in another bracket. 
    I mean yeah, of course there are. I'm saying every month for the last few years I am getting near full PvP progression on the season and still only landing 300ish, around 7th percentile. It's pretty consistent. I'm sure once you get near top 50 you're gonna get heavy variance. The point is that with near full monthlong progression, I'm still well outside the range that is likely to see a single token, cuz all the good rewards start at 50th. So if the tokens aren't in progression, I won't see them, and I'm actually playing a lot. The guys with full champed 4s and 5s will be vacuuming them all up. If you're telling me you can hit top 50 with a progression score in the 6-7k, I'd love to know how you're finding that bracket. If you're saying the people in my bracket hitting top 50 would be even worse off in other brackets, then I imagine you're saying so to reinforce my point. And I'd believe it.

    If you can hit 6-7k for the season in less events, try joining the season a couple of events into the season. You miss out on a few events (and their rewards) but those brackets may be easier to place higher for better rewards.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Pongie said:
    Pongie said:

    PvP season rewards get hoovered up by the top 50 every month. I hit 4K every month, place around the top 7th percentile 250/5k, and the rewards for that are like three heroic tokens. It's a pittance. Putting the tokens here will just give more to the few people who are already gobbling up everything.

    So yeah, I feel like a fairly average player. Generally top 7-15 percentile, consistent daily play, VIP access and a full champed 3*, fully recruited 4* roster, trying to cover them. There's gotta be a lot of other players like me. In my experience, if the new tokens aren't in the progression rewards for story events, then I can pretty much ignore this feature entirely. The random vault token I pull will likely be less frequent than the rate at which new supports get introduced.
    Just want to point out that you are currently top 7-15 percentile in your season bracket. There are many brackets per season with varied scores. Top 50 in one bracket might not even be Top 200 in another bracket. 
    I mean yeah, of course there are. I'm saying every month for the last few years I am getting near full PvP progression on the season and still only landing 300ish, around 7th percentile. It's pretty consistent. I'm sure once you get near top 50 you're gonna get heavy variance. The point is that with near full monthlong progression, I'm still well outside the range that is likely to see a single token, cuz all the good rewards start at 50th. So if the tokens aren't in progression, I won't see them, and I'm actually playing a lot. The guys with full champed 4s and 5s will be vacuuming them all up. If you're telling me you can hit top 50 with a progression score in the 6-7k, I'd love to know how you're finding that bracket. If you're saying the people in my bracket hitting top 50 would be even worse off in other brackets, then I imagine you're saying so to reinforce my point. And I'd believe it.

    If you can hit 6-7k for the season in less events, try joining the season a couple of events into the season. You miss out on a few events (and their rewards) but those brackets may be easier to place higher for better rewards.
    Im pretty sure you’ll loose a whole lot more by skipping events, in personal and alli rank/progress, and you might have made 10k for the season..

    Sorry, but season rewards just arent good enough to compensate imo
  • kk3thesskk3thess Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Has anyone notice that we can't see the cover arts anymore? I used to love see them and now they are always behind some information.

    PS: I'm posting this here because I think that this is caused by the Supports info on character selection.
  • Blindman13Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    kk3thess said:
    Has anyone notice that we can't see the cover arts anymore? I used to love see them and now they are always behind some information.

    PS: I'm posting this here because I think that this is caused by the Supports info on character selection.
    They are still there. They were just moved all the way to the right past the page with the character backstory.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Are we ever going to get better lay-out as asked from the start? Ok, we did get the little sign a support is equiped in roster, but thats it...

    in the support roster, we still cant see who is equiped to which toon. Or which supports are equiped at all.

    or should we just keep on ignoring this feature, like you guys are doing when it comes to the lay-out?
Sign In or Register to comment.