Stunned Spider Woman still kicking

Options
ObiWanPEZ
ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
I am fighting the PvE Angel node at the beginning of the Simulator round, and just noticed that while Spider Woman was stunned, the enemy team matched one of her Fear tiles, and took damage.
I was under the impression that while stunned, trap tiles do nothing (Daredevil cannot Ambush, for example).
Not that I’m complaining, just I don’t want it to come back around the other way.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually, 'trap' effects have always triggered when their creator is stunned, including Daredevil. It even works if you down them while matching the trap. Presumably this is because the 'trap' effect is a quality of the tile, not a passive that is triggered from the character itself (which would be disabled by the stun). 
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    That’s really weird. I’m almost positive I’ve never triggered traps after using Dr Strange (3) to stun them.
    Guess I’ll have to try again.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually, 'trap' effects have always triggered when their creator is stunned, including Daredevil. It even works if you down them while matching the trap. Presumably this is because the 'trap' effect is a quality of the tile, not a passive that is triggered from the character itself (which would be disabled by the stun). 
    Sometimes, you'll get potentially surprising interactions with this.  For example, matching away 5* Daredevil's green countdown causes damage, regardless of whether he is stunned, as this is an effect of the tile itself, not tied to a passive on the character (no matter how the description is worded), but after one of his countdowns is matched away, it will create a new countdown if no other exists -- this recreation of the countdown when the last one is matched away works as a passive based on Daredevil reacting to the last of his countdowns being matched away (and probably on the enemy turn only).  So when you put these two functions together, it means that matching away DD's green countdown while he's stunned (or airborne) will still cause damage to your character, but it will not be recreated.

Similarly, you can safely match special tiles while Medusa is stunned, except for her passively-created Entanglement countdown, which will still produce attack tiles.  However, because the creation of a new tile is a passive at the start of her turn, she won't create another until she awakens.

Reverse-engineering the game's procedural architecture is part of MPQ's charm.