No Black Support Destruction or Disable?

Options
2»

Comments

• TheExaminer
    TheExaminer Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    What about Dispossess tho? Solemnity at least does 'something' ><
    I can't tell if you're being serious here... Anyway, I actually got some minor use out of Dispossess when it was still in Standard. I kept track of people I ran into who were using Omni. Any time I was matched up against them while I was using a black PW and they were using blue, I would consider using it, and even did a few times. For black, it's not a completely terrible card. You just never see what happened to the cards you removed because we don't have access to the Exile pile.
    Doesnt help against Whir tho. Doesnt affect the copies which opponent has already drawn too. Pretty sure you would much rather cast any random 8 mana creature instead of Dispossess.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, at current meta, monoblack is pretty much risky to run due to the presence of so many powerful Supports. I mean, among other things, monoblack is currently the only color who has NO answer to things like Lich's Mastery (who's the dolt who made that card, by the way?)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rupture Spire will automatically take 1 shield off the top of black supports, help your mana and increase your chances of matching things away.

It's probably my favourite card in the new set in terms of flexibility and fit into most things, but black it helps a lot...