Is 300 pulls accurate?

omen
omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
Hey everyone,

This is my first post so I hope it's in the right place. I've been hoarding for a while now and I've gotten to 100 pulls (half CP and half LTs).

The plan is to get to 300 pulls to try and enter 5* land. I've got 34-4*s covered and champed now and I want to be ready to move up.

I read somewhere that with extra tokens you'd get from pulls your hoard is worth about 20% more, so I'd only need to get to around 250 pulls.

Can anyone who's done this confirm it? Did anyone manage to get 3 - 5*s with a smaller number of pulls, say 210? I'm doing my best to be patient but I would love it if I was aiming for a smaller number.

Comments

• Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    If everything went exactly by the percentages, you'd presumably need only 260 pulls - each of the three 5*s at a 5% rate, 5% of 260 is 13, so you'd hit the necessary total to champ them. But obviously in practice you're not going to end up with a perfectly even distribution. Even with CS doing color swaps (so that uneven balance on a single character is irrelevant), RNGesus may mean you get 5*s at less than a 15% rate overall, and you're definitely unlikely to get the same number of each. 300 gives you some leeway to hopefully get up to at least 13 for all 3 even if things don't go to plan.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the 300 pulls bit is just so you have the margin of error on your side - it's easy to get skewed pulls.
    I did two hoards, one for Thanos/Black Panther/Hawkeye that was around 300 pulls (mission accomplished) and one for Daredevil/Gambit/Thor where I got around 250 pulls. The second was not an all-out bust though as I stopped opening when Daredevil got his thirteenth cover as I did not have the ISO to level him at that point, then I kept opening once Archangel replaced him in Latest Legends (I also spent some CP for Christmas LTs that had Black Bolt). As I recall both Gambit and Thor were around 10 covers when Daredevil got his thirteenth.

In short, the less pulls you have the more you need to rely on luck to get what you want. The more you can save up the better chance you have to end up with all three champed.
  • omen
    omen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Thanks, that helps.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    One other point...I would make sure that you have a pretty big iso resource ready. Clearly you will need the best part of 2m iso to champ the 3, there is next to no chance you’ll pull 13 covers of each exactly.

But also remember the 4*s... you say you have 34 champed but in reality that’s only about half of them. Unless you plan to waste a LOT of 4* covers (which is sucky), you will need an awful lot of iso to champ some of them too.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Rod5 said:
    But also remember the 4*s... you say you have 34 champed but in reality that’s only about half of them. Unless you plan to waste a LOT of 4* covers (which is sucky), you will need an awful lot of iso to champ some of them too.
    How much Iso we talking about? 

It takes, what, ~300k to champ a 4* from lvl 70 (270k from lvl 188 to lvl 270, so I'm guessing 300k).  So, I got like 40 4*'s under level 200 (many with multiple covers, but <13), plus an additional 50 (being sarcastic) by the time I get 300 LT.  Just adding the original 40, I would need 2mil for the 5*'s, plus an additional...um....12mil to champ the 4*s??!!! ****!  What kind of crazy **** clown game is this?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing is certain with RNG. The simulation was back in this thread

300 pulls is roughly 85% to cover 2 from latest (with swaps), under 50% to cover all 3 (with swaps)
  • Quebbster
    edited May 2018
    heybub said:
    Rod5 said:
    How much Iso we talking about? 

It takes, what, ~300k to champ a 4* from lvl 70 (270k from lvl 188 to lvl 270, so I'm guessing 300k).  So, I got like 40 4*'s under level 200 (many with multiple covers, but <13), plus an additional 50 (being sarcastic) by the time I get 300 LT.  Just adding the original 40, I would need 2mil for the 5*'s, plus an additional...um....12mil to champ the 4*s??!!! tinykitty!  What kind of crazy tinykitty clown game is this?

375 000 ISO to champ a fourstar.

On the other hand, you will get a lot of covers for the latest twelve fourstars but only a handful for the others, so if you are not concerned with a bit of waste you should be good as long as you can champ the latest twelve. A hoard of 300 pulls should yield around 10 covers for each Latest fourstar but only two to Three for each Classic fourstar.

Champing twelve fourstars is around 4,5 million ISO, then Another 1,5 million for the fivestars... if you have around 6 million ISO you should be good.

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    omen said:
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post so I hope it's in the right place. I've been hoarding for a while now and I've gotten to 100 pulls (half CP and half LTs).

The plan is to get to 300 pulls to try and enter 5* land. I've got 34-4*s covered and champed now and I want to be ready to move up.

I read somewhere that with extra tokens you'd get from pulls your hoard is worth about 20% more, so I'd only need to get to around 250 pulls.

Can anyone who's done this confirm it? Did anyone manage to get 3 - 5*s with a smaller number of pulls, say 210? I'm doing my best to be patient but I would love it if I was aiming for a smaller number.

I'd plan on 10% bonus to be conservative, that's an extra token every 10 4-star levels.  Of course this assumes you have them all champed.  The sum of the accrued CP will very on their current levels and you may also get a 5* BH approximately every 150 pulls.  Needless to say random is random.  There's a "chance" you champ all 3 in 39 pulls albeit 7.37e-33
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Hendross said:
     There's a "chance" you champ all 3 in 39 pulls albeit 7.37e-33
    So, you're telling me there's a chance...
  • x_imperialism
    x_imperialism Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    not anymore!
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I believe now it has trended up to ~350-400.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited July 2018
    *Update*

So, it's been two months and one profile malfunction since I made my last post and I wanted to update you all on my progress and ask a few more questions.

I've now managed to champ 42 - 4*s and I've got six more ready to go as soon as I have the ISO 8.
    In total, I now have 232 pulls (140 LTs and 92 in CPs).

I may well lose some of my CP as I want to get a cover for my Phoenix (5,2,1), my OML (5,3,1), my Black Bolt (5,3,0) and my Green Goblin (2,5,1) in the HfH offer. I can't decide if it's worth losing the CP, or if I should just pick one or two to focus on. My OML would probably be the easiest to cover as my XFW is at 290. Any thoughts?

I was feeling pretty good about my progress and then they went and changed the swaps system! Unfortunately, this has set me back some. It's already been said above, but I've heard that the new number I'm trying to reach is 350, does anyone know if that's accurate? Has anyone done it? Is there math?

The other problem I have is that I have heard that 5* Wasp is pretty much a dud. It's very likely she'll still be in rotation when I'm ready to pull. Should I wait until she gets rotated out?

Thanks for the help everyone!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    theomen said:
    The other problem I have is that I have heard that 5* Wasp is pretty much a dud. It's very likely she'll still be in rotation when I'm ready to pull. Should I wait until she gets rotated out? 
    I'm definitely hoarding until Wasp is gone. I got my 1 cover for her 5E PvE essential nodes and that's good enough for me on that dud. The only problem with that is if you wait for Wasp to leave you'll miss out on Okoye; she's a great 5-star.
  • theomen
    I know, it would be a shame to miss her and there could be another dud after wasp!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    The next 5* should be announced before 9 Aug, assuming the Mind and Matter one coming on 26 Jul is a 4*
  • theomen
    I will wait for that then. This new saving overhaul means I don't have to worry about 4* covers or duplicate 5* covers so I may be able to open sooner than I thought...
  • theomen
    OK peeps,  I've come up with a plan but I want to check I'm not wasting my hoard before I execute it...

I have 2550 CP which I will use in the new Loki store with the intention of finishing my Black Bolt 5/3/0 and grabbing a few Loki covers. I have no Thor covers so I won't try to cover him, but having one or two covers won't hurt.

I also have 160 LTS which I will use once Loki hits Latest Legends and aim to cover both him and Okeye (currently at 1/0/0).

I can then just keep pulling for the rest of the season.

What do you think? Decent plan or terrible folly??
  • Quebbster
    theomen said:
    OK peeps,  I've come up with a plan but I want to check I'm not wasting my hoard before I execute it...

I have 2550 CP which I will use in the new Loki store with the intention of finishing my Black Bolt 5/3/0 and grabbing a few Loki covers. I have no Thor covers so I won't try to cover him, but having one or two covers won't hurt.

I also have 160 LTS which I will use once Loki hits Latest Legends and aim to cover both him and Okeye (currently at 1/0/0).

I can then just keep pulling for the rest of the season.

What do you think? Decent plan or terrible folly??

I can see that your roster is not in your signature, so I have a few considerations.

Firstly, 2550 CP in the store is around 100 pulls, which should translate to around 5 covers each for Bolt, Thor and Loki. 160 LTs would mean around 8 more covers for Okoye, Wasp and Loki (if you wait to pull). So yeah, you might finish off Black Bolt (but green covers will be unusable at the moment, so it's no guarantee), and you can probably finish off Loki once you have opened the LT stash.

I am a Little concerned you may not be able to cover Okoye Before she leaves though, the Clock started ticking for her too now (though I suppose there is a good two months left). If you can pull off 100+ more pulls in two months you may be able to finish her off Before she leaves. She is excellent, so it may be Worth skipping Loki's store and try to cover him by spending CPs on Latest Legends instead.

Where is your Medusa at? I assume she is lower than level 320 at least, otherwise you would have a yellow Bolt cover already. It's Worth considering trying to cover Black Bolt through Medusa rewards and bonus hero pulls instead of blowing your load in the special store.

• theomen
    Yeah that is a good point. My Medusa is currently at 288 so I could easily get a black BB cover when I crack my hoard. I think covering BB with bonus hero pulls might be a little optimistic though...
  • Quebbster
    theomen said:
    Yeah that is a good point. My Medusa is currently at 288 so I could easily get a black BB cover when I crack my hoard. I think covering BB with bonus hero pulls might be a little optimistic though...

If Medusa is your sole bonus hero, a hoard of 300-ish pulls should get her to around level 300 for Another bonus cover. It would be black though, you probably wouldn't get her to 320 for a yellow this time around.

A hoard of that size should also net you 2 fivestar bonus heroes on average, so that should get Bolt to 11 covers. But you might get green covers...

IDK. Maybe open a bit in the store but stop if you get enough Bolt covers? It's a shame to undercover Okoye, but she also needs good fivestar partners and Bolt definitely fits that mold. It's a shame you don't have Thor covered, otherwise this would be easy, but with Bolt the only "true" good pull for you it's a har decision to make.

How does the rest of your fourstar roster look like? Will you be able to apply most fourstar covers as champion levels?