Teferi's first ability does not work correctly. [Investigating]

Options
Mark_Tedin
Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
Teferi's first ability does not work correctly.  The bouncing working differently for the player than the AI (mainly tokens and ghalta).

Resultado de imagem para teferi mtgpq

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Mark_Tedin Can you describe what's happening when you use this ability as opposed to what you are seeing when the opponent uses the ability?
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've noticed sometimes it won't work at all even with valid targets and with my opponent have 5 (or fewer) cards in hand. Its almost like i can only use it once per battle per something? 
  • Mark_Tedin
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    @Mark_Tedin Can you describe what's happening when you use this ability as opposed to what you are seeing when the opponent uses the ability?

At the last event, Teferi returned my topters and my ghalta to my hand. However I can not do the same against the opponent.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Options
    mrixl2520 said:
    I've noticed sometimes it won't work at all even with valid targets and with my opponent have 5 (or fewer) cards in hand. Its almost like i can only use it once per battle per something? 
    Yes. I tested it now. The ability does not work when the opponent´s hand is full.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mrixl2520 said:
    Yes. I tested it now. The ability does not work when the opponent´s hand is full.
    I mean, technically it shouldn't work if the opponent's hand is full.  But then again, none of the bounce should work if your opponent's hand is full (except the ones that specifically say that they do), but many of them do.  So IDK.
  • Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby What I've seen so far:

PLAYER Teferi
    • Cannot return certain tokens to hand no matter what
    • Can only return creatures while enemy has 5 or fewer cards in hands
    AI Teferi
    • Can return any token
    • If you have 6+ cards in hand, it will destroy the targeted creature instead, like newer bounce spells
    Though, also check with above users if they were playing the latest Journey Through History event, as that one has the permanent support that blocks PW abilities.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Tombstone said:

Here is a topic I made regarding this yesterday in General as we are unaware if the behavior of his first ability is actually a bug or if some of it is intended.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74103/teferi-spiraling-time-bug-or-feature
  • Mark_Tedin
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @Brigby What I've seen so far:

PLAYER Teferi
    • Cannot return certain tokens to hand no matter what
    • Can only return creatures while enemy has 5 or fewer cards in hands
    AI Teferi
    • Can return any token
    • If you have 6+ cards in hand, it will destroy the targeted creature instead, like newer bounce spells
    I have observed exactly this
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm passing this along to the team for review. 
  • LeafHedger
    LeafHedger Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but I have observed this behavior recently as well.
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought it was patched out but, it started happening again.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I thought it was patched out but, it started happening again.
    Would you mind clarifying which issue specifically is occurring again?