Feeling roster stagnation and looking for advice

thatgyemartin
thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
A few months ago I champed my first 2 5* characters and I was well on my way to having the entire cast of 4* characters champed as well. When they changed the 4* draw odds of the LLTs it immediately brought my 4* growth to a grind and 5* growth has generally been a grind as well. Typically I open LLTs as soon as I get them and I buy 5* covers from the H4H store if the cost is 250 CP and I happen to need that cover.

Does anyone have any ideas for better ways for me to grow my 4* & 5* rosters? Should I just stop opening the LLTs and stockpile until I have 300 and then open them all or is there any other way to more effectively use LLTs and grow the 5* characters.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2018
     ...is there any other way to more effectively use LLTs and grow the 5* characters.
    You have two options. Hoard your LTs and CPs, or use them when you get them. Either way is slow. If you're looking to grow your 4-stars, use Classic Legends for the cheaper CP cost. If you're looking to grow your 5-stars, use Latest Legends and resign yourself to the fact that older 5-stars will probably never get fully covered.
  • thatgyemartin
    thatgyemartin Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    It is as if 5* characters are more of a luxury than a necessity for newer players. Old timers that got in when the 5* roster was a fraction of the current size were able to champ the classic 5* as well as the new ones, but now the only way to have a champed 5* is by hoarding LLTs. I don't see much benefit to having sparsely covered 5* and never champing more 5*.

Ugh, it seems like the game is just broken if I can't cover my older 5* characters. Any player that wasn't able to champ Gambit is essentially behind the 8 ball for their lifetime as a player until they make a character that is more powerful than Gambit...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having older 5-stars champed really isn't that great. A lot of them do sub-par match damage and are the victims of power creep. You can be completely competitive by just champing newer 5-stars. As for Gambit, we'll see how his pending nerf will affect his usage. But even if he remains ubiquitous someone will eventually come along to supplant him. Jessica Jones and Okoye are pretty darn good, for example. I don't have any problem beating Gambit with them.