About newer character (Wishlist)

Rogue4Lyfe
Rogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
At some point, I really wanted to have more new character coming into the game.
I've made a list:

Emma Frost
Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde)
Black Cat
Cable (Deadpool)
Mantis (Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2)
Callisto (Age of Acapolypse)
Sharon Rogers (American Dream)
Maria Hill
Crossbones
Nebula (Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2)
Domino 
Dazzler
Giant Man
Havok (X-Men)
Hellcat (Patsy Walker)
Legion (David Haller)
Crystal (Inhumans)
Ronan (Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.1)
Erik Killmonger (Black Panther)
Mephisto
Polaris (X-Men)
Sabretooth 
Skurge (Thor: Ragnarok)
Yellowjacket

Any suggestion comment below, thanks

Comments

• JDFiend
    JDFiend Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Red Skull. 

If you look around at lists of Marvel villains he consistently ranks in the top ten in most of them - Ign, Comic Vine, Another comic Vine, Newsarama. Most of the other consistent top ten have playable covers or boss events around them. 

Red Skull needs some love. 

• randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    5* Deadpool please. 
  • brontag1
    brontag1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Adam Warlock  (guessing he'll come from the next Guardians movie though)
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards

Emma Frost
    Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde)
    Black Cat
    Cable (Deadpool)

These are always in my request suggestions.

JDFiend said:
    Red Skull. 

If you look around at lists of Marvel villains he consistently ranks in the top ten in most of them - Ign, Comic Vine, Another comic Vine, Newsarama. Most of the other consistent top ten have playable covers or boss events around them. 

I wouldn't mind a Red Skull boss, but I'd rather he not be a playable character. While he is a major Marvel villain, I don't think many people are excited about assuming the role of a top nazi.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind a Red Skull boss, but I'd rather he not be a playable character. While he is a major Marvel villain, I don't think many people are excited about assuming the role of a top nazi.
    Weeelllllll..... Marvel have been making efforts to say "He's not a nazi, he's Hydra. There's a difference you know!" but I don't think they're really fooling anyone. Can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

As for me, personally, I want this to be 5*

• JDFiend

Emma Frost
    Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde)
    Black Cat
    Cable (Deadpool)

JDFiend said:
    Red Skull. 

Never really get that argument with mpq. Do you really assume the role? It's not like P&P where you have to sink into their pysche of Jedi succumbing to the dark side due to a dice roll or anything. It's not even like running through pvp or pve will even draw on his background really. 

Do you sink in to the mind of a symbiote enhanced psycho killer when you use Carnage, megalomaniac dictator when you use Doom or a man that wants to kill all humanity when you use Mags? Did you play through Thanos', PVP thinkon I will get those stones and kill half the universe! I never really assume the role. Was more worried about health packs and accidentally triggering half-health Thor. 

I'd agree if the game had any real level of role play. If was anything else than downing fictional heroes I'd totally agree though. I most probably wouldn't play any of the above. 
  • ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I think Red Scull is firmly planned as head of Hydra. Maybe now, ex-Hydra, but pretty far removed from the 3rd Reich 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    In many of his comic portrayals Red Skull seems to have no problem with Nazi ideology, genocide, ethnic cleansing, etc.  Even if he isn't technically a Nazi, many of the objections still seem to apply.

While you can argue that Thanos is worse, I guess he gets a pass because he is so far beyond what any human has or could do.  He also doesn't have the stigma of trying to get people to spend money to collect a Nazi.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    ABaker84 said:
    I think Red Scull is firmly planned as head of Hydra. Maybe now, ex-Hydra, but pretty far removed from the 3rd Reich 
    Nah.

Red Skull was a Nazi agent from the start. Marvel retconned Hydra's origins a few times, but Red Skull is pretty set in stone.

As for the topic at hand, I want more villains. Enchantress, MODOK, Mandarin, Sabretooth, Titania and Red Skull are all at the top of my list. Also, Namor! How is Namor not in the game yet?

I'd also like a ton of characters that have no chance of making the game like Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Sleepwalker, Speedball, etc.

And Dazzler. Seriously.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you retcon Red Skull then you have to retcon Captain America. Cap was created as a counter-propaganda to The Red Skull. We all know that Cap's crowning moment is punching Nazi's in the face.

The Skull was originally indirectly responsible for the creation of Hydra as he was the one who sent Baron Strucker to Japan to start work on a subversive organisation that could carry on the Nazi's work in the far east with the Skull as head of the organisation but it was Strucker who founded Hydra and then cut his ties with the Skull.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,571 Chairperson of the Boards
    On topic - I would like Captain Britain.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:

I'd also like a ton of characters that have no chance of making the game like Darkhawk, Night Thrasher, Sleepwalker, Speedball, etc.

And Dazzler. Seriously.
    I'd have said we will almost certainly get Night Thrasher and other New Warriors once the tv show launches, but it sounds like they are having trouble getting a network to pick up the pilot. I'm 80% sure that we'll get an announcement that it was "rescued" by the soon-to-launch all Disney streaming service.

I agree we need more villains, I particularly want vintage villains with hilarious vintage art (like 5* Dock Ock) and I'm hopeful we'll get Mysterio with Homecoming 2. I would love it if for every 2-3 heroes released in an affiliation, we got 1 villain release with the opposing affiliation. 

Just as a point of trivia, we have a Hydra Henchmen support that can be put on any villain, but is there even a villain with a connection to them in the game? If you don't want to do Red Skull, you could dip into Agents of Shield and get like Absorbing man or something
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 437 Mover and Shaker
    Characters that have an absorb mechanic - Bishop, Sebastian Shaw, Omega Red.

And villians, lots and lots of villians. 
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Taskmaster
    Absorbing Man
    Fing Fang Foom
    M.O.D.O.K
    Phyla-Vel
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I rather see that the devs focus on update the old characters thats out dated. A lot of characters in this game just collect dust like an old trophy in the back of your cabinet. You might bring them out when boosted but thats it. They really need some love from the devs. With that said i still wait for Mysterio to enter the land of Marvel Puzzle Quest.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    I'd like more unique abilities and powers added  to the game. So characters that can do those things.

So of the more fun characters are characters like Rouge, doc oct, cloak and dagger, vulture, 4 black widow, night crawler etc etc....
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    JDFiend said:

Emma Frost
    Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde)
    Black Cat
    Cable (Deadpool)

JDFiend said:
    Red Skull. 

Never really get that argument with mpq. Do you really assume the role? It's not like P&P where you have to sink into their pysche of Jedi succumbing to the dark side due to a dice roll or anything. It's not even like running through pvp or pve will even draw on his background really. 

Do you sink in to the mind of a symbiote enhanced psycho killer when you use Carnage, megalomaniac dictator when you use Doom or a man that wants to kill all humanity when you use Mags? Did you play through Thanos', PVP thinkon I will get those stones and kill half the universe! I never really assume the role. Was more worried about health packs and accidentally triggering half-health Thor. 

I'd agree if the game had any real level of role play. If was anything else than downing fictional heroes I'd totally agree though. I most probably wouldn't play any of the above. 
    My objection of Red Skull as a playable character instead of a boss is that this game has Essential characters for events. I personally wouldn't roster him, but it is also a PR problem waiting to happen for them that a Skull PVP would be "forcing players to play a nazi". 
  • JDFiend
    ZeiramMR said:
    JDFiend said:

Emma Frost
    Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde)
    Black Cat
    Cable (Deadpool)

JDFiend said:
    Red Skull. 

My objection of Red Skull as a playable character instead of a boss is that this game has Essential characters for events. I personally wouldn't roster him, but it is also a PR problem waiting to happen for them that a Skull PVP would be "forcing players to play a nazi". 
    But other games have playable Red Skull like Strike Force and Future Fight. Academy has a recruitable Zemo. Haven't heard any outcry over there. Why would there be one here?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would bet that if you don't dress him up like a nazi, you won't hear much talk about him being a nazi. They could use the non-descript jumpsuit-with-cape design if they were in a 5* Octopus mood.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:

Eh, the MCU version of Red Skull would likely be the one they went with, given the game's past character release history, so since the first Cap movie went out of its way to show the Red Skull breaking Hydra away from any affiliation with Nazi Germany, I kind of feel this is a non-issue.