River's Rebuke supplementary issues

Options
Tilwin90
Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
So the list of bugs caused by River's Rebuke is neverending.
For now, here are some of the annoying things I have noticed:
1) "Disable" supports are a mess. Not only does it interact wrongly with Hixus (which keeps the creatures disabled in spite of leaving the battlefield, though in theory it would only be destroyed if the opponent hand is full - and I haven't tested if even in that case enables my team, but I doubt it), but it also keeps my first creature disabled if I bounce Suppression Bonds (and most probably Desert's Hold). I still need to test Cast Out to confirm.
2) Guess what, Gideon's Intervention invulnerable opponent is back. If you bounce Gideon's Intervention, the opponent still continues to benefit from it, taking no damage whatsoever! This is a very serious issue, guys! We need that as one of the top priority bugs with a fix ASAP!
3) Sorcerous Spyglass once bounced kept my planeswalker abilities disabled indefinitely. That is until a new spyglass entered the battlefield and it got destroyed on its own or I destroyed it in some other way. Another big nono! I am curious what happens in the case of the Immortal Sun, maybe someone else can check and confirm or infirm this is the case.

Supplementary I am curious what happens if you bounce a non-land flip support like Spires of Orazca. Since theoretically flip supports are implemented as "When you flip the support, put it into the graveyard and cast the flip side", does it go into hand? And if it does, is it going to be Spires of Orazca or Thaumatic Compass? Even more interesting if the original Compass was returned to the battlefield with something like Starfield of Nyx.

The lack of a clear list of comprehensive rules to guide the implementation leads to these problems and will continue to lead to new problems in the future (of that there is no doubt). Please take this into consideration!

Thank you!

Comments

• Jonster78
    Jonster78 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    If you look, river's Rebuke will not return Land supports.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can verify the Hixus interaction. Kept all of my creatures disabled. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't call the hixus interaction a bug. Hixus disables creatures, and enables when it's destroyed. If it's bounced, the enable shouldn't trigger.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jonster78 said:
    If you look, river's Rebuke will not return Land supports.
    Why does everyone keep telling me this? Sorry, but you're like the 4th person mentioning this.
    I specifically wrote in my post "Supplementary I am curious what happens if you bounce a non-land flip support like Spires of Orazca. "
    There are three supports that I noticed don't flip into lands, and those are Primal Amulet, Thaumatic Compass and Lotus Vale. Unless I am missing the land type on any of these (which could totally be possible case in which the hypothetical question STILL remains).
  • Jonster78
    Jonster78 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I stand corrected(special inserts)  Sorry I thought they were all land cards. Spires is a land  in the paper world which is why I said what I said.  If it is supposed to be a land then it is a documentation error.    Being the fourth person and this being may...Well  May the Fourth be with you :)
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can confirm that this is also "broken" with Seal Away.
    Elspeth dropped Seal Away pretty early on.
    A few rounds later I cast River's Rebuke, returning Seal Away to her hand and destroying some treasures and critters.
    My first two (my only 2) knights remained "sealed away".
    There were no stun spells in play and definitely no other supports, those would have been destroyed by River's Rebuike.
    For several rounds my first 2 knights were still disabled.
    Once she cast Seal Away again, I removed it with Blessed Light and my first 2 knights were no longer disabled.
  • MiyagiDojo
    MiyagiDojo Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I wouldn't call the hixus interaction a bug. Hixus disables creatures, and enables when it's destroyed. If it's bounced, the enable shouldn't trigger.
    More than about terminology (although it could be the origin of the problem the fact that the ai can only interpret things in a literally way), it's about a broken mechanic.