Artwork zoom

Options
Can we have a setting to switch off the artwork zoom please ? Finding a place to tap a card that does something other than close it is becoming increasingly difficult. Thanks.

Comments

• GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Artwork zoom is a completely unnecessary feature that changes the functionality of the game interface.  Previously, you tap on a card to zoom, and tap again to unzoom.  Now, it makes the art blow up, and it's annoying.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The art zoom is a beautiful _great_ addition but the UI for it is very annoying in game...

The biggest problem is just our habits, we are used to clicking in the middle cards to close them.

I was thinking... How about just having zoom work from the top corners instead? People could still click like they always have, but the art feature would be there when wanted. (And, yes, sometimes you do want to look at an enemies card in the middle of a game!)

• Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I love it but I can see how people wouldn't like it, a switch would be good
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    maybe have it as no artwork zoom during battles and
    allow zoom when looking up cards?

HH
  • ReddMaxx
    ReddMaxx Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    This feature is one of the most annoying features to date.  This  is enough to make me quit.  It is nearly impossible to have an enjoyable game when you look at a card in game and either you have to un zoom art work or you get a pop up explaining how a ability works.  It has doubled the number of sceen touches in playing a game.  This need to be addressed in the next update.
  • Hatter
    Hatter Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    maybe have it as no artwork zoom during battles and
    allow zoom when looking up cards?

HH
    That is a great idea, zoom accept during battles, you have enough going on with out cards zooming in and out
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's a ground breaking idea: pinch to zoom.

This gesture is well established on touch devices and it would get rid of the annoying accidental zoom. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We also floated earlier the idea of a "magnifying glass" icon in the top right corner (floating off the edge of the card).

I (and a few others) want it available in mid game too, but definitely not the way it currently is. it needs to be very very deliberately done.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

I hope this is fixed in 2.8 update. I had many bugs because of this.