Angrath's #2, and Karn's #3

Options
Rigsby
Rigsby Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
Angrath's #2 ability isn't able to to gain control of Karn's Major Construct Token. Tokens have a cost of 0, so it should be able to.

Perhaps it's by design that Angrath's #2 can't steal such a great token, in which case, can we know what that design is? Which tokens can Angrath steal, and which can't he?

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This also affects Teferis first ability. Some tokens can be targeted and some not.
    In the current HoD I have noticed Teferis ability not working on Elspeths, Karns or Gideon2s tokens. But cast/triggered tokens like Vampires and Zombies (Bolas zombies included) could be targeted.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Things need consistency...

I've had the SAME token stack not be targetable one turn and targetable the next and I just couldn't work out why...
    It's happened more than once and I just still do not have a clue...
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    This also affects Teferis first ability. Some tokens can be targeted and some not.
    In the current HoD I have noticed Teferis ability not working on Elspeths, Karns or Gideon2s tokens. But cast/triggered tokens like Vampires and Zombies (Bolas zombies included) could be targeted.
    Teferi's first cant be used against creatures or tokens while the AI's hand is full. Thus, PW spawned tokens are often put out with a full hand and cant be removed using it.

It appears that his first ability operates under the pre-Ixalan bounce mechanics of 5 or less cards in hand even though it does not state this in the ability itself.

Note - This restriction applies only to the player. I have had Greg bounce creatures on me while my hand was full.