4* DDQ: Battle of the Healing Factors: Swords vs Claws!

Champed Deadpool had little trouble disposing of the clawed mutant. Fired Countdown for What... twice, but only matched one of the countdowns. Got hit by a surgical strike, which Deadpool shrugged off like it was nothing, after which Wolvie got sliced in half by Deadpool's healing factor negating butter knifes. 
Token got me a Sandman champ level. 

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Finished with full life thanks to a well timed red strike. Champed Pool has no issues as expected. 
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    forgot to respec my lv 277 4/4/5 Deadpool, no problems.  Was able to get a couple red match-4's early so quickly hit him with a double sword attack.  Then fired off my countdown which they generously put 3 in a place to match them all together.  Wolverine went ahead and made that match first and was quickly finished off

LT gave me a champed Mary Poppins bringing her(him?) up to 293
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2018
    4/1/5 140 De4dpool.  Got demolished the first time.  The 2nd time I boosted him to high heavens with +damage and won with almost half health.

Got a JJ with BH Okoye.  Finally my 1st cover, Wakanda Forever!
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/3/5 Lvl 188. No problems. The two purple covers I got recently really did help. Fired that twice while there were green match-4s sitting around and that pretty much took care of things.

Token was a Mockingbird champ level.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished with full life thanks to a well timed red strike. Champed Pool has no issues as expected. 
    Same here.  Did you also get a green PunMax cover from the LT for your trouble?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 273 Deadpool got DEMOLISHED on the first attempt - There was so much black on the board that Wolverine managed to cast Surgical strike on me three times - before I was able to launch even a single ability. To add insult to injury, he landed a recovery tile in the corner, and healed up to FULL HEALTH, before finishing me off with a green slash. It was insulting. 

On the second attempt it was "Purple (and green) Rain", and I managed to chop him down with a quickness with back-to-back Countdown castings. My reward was a yellow Lockjaw, bringing the lovable pooch up to a 5/3/3.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a fun fight after champing XFD just two days ago. I remembered to adjust Deadpool to 5/3/5, which is possibly his worst build normally but obviously his best build for solo work. There was yellow and red everywhere, so naturally I matched the red and Wolvie matched the yellow. I hit him with red and he healed with yellow.

Hmm. I need to be trickier, I thought.

"Match the purple ones," Deadpool whispered to me through the 4th wall, "I like the purple ones."

So I did. A match-4 of green lined up and I heard Deadpool laughing maniacally. I cast purple and all the traps lined up perfectly right on the green match-4. I matched some useless color off to the side, so as not to disrupt the green match, and waited to see if Wolvie would take the bait. Of course, he did, and that was the end of him.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

I tried with my 2/1/5 lvl 147 Deadpool and got Wolvy down to 658 health but then he hit me with Surgical Strike. Second time he just demolished me, couldn’t deny black. I put some iso into Deadpool taking him up to lvl 155, I was doing well, thought I had it and then Wolvy gets his yellow out and it resolves healing him back to full health and then he got black downing me. Tried again. Failed. I was starting to regret all the times I had said XFWolvy was rubbish. I put Deadpool up to 162. Boosted everything I could. Still no joy. I started considering whether to purchase the Heroes for Hire offer as this was bugging me now as I could sense that I was so close. Decided to have one last go at it. Started well, got C4W out early and managed to match all the tiles blowing Wolvy up. I was also able to deny black. A lucky cascade got me another purple stash for C4W but he got his yellow tile out, drat!  The AI then matched its own healing tile! I got enough red for Outta bullets and healing boost made sure I had enough time to match my C4W tiles – victory!!!!

X-Force Wolverine – I will never besmirch you again.

• Dormammu
    DAZ0273 said:

X-Force Wolverine – I will never besmirch you again

Yeah, XFW is a pretty darn good 3-star.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took two tries for my champed (Lv274) Deadpool.  The first one was a black/purple heavy board where Wolverine refused to match a single countdown tile I threw out and he eventually surgical struck Wade to death.   The second time was a blue/red heavy board where Wolverine raced to 30 blue for some reason and eventually fell to Deadpool's red.

The LT is going to my mini-horde to get Wasp next week.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, was Wolverine in that fight? My 5/3/5 lvl 278 Deadpool was playing with his swords, and suddenly noticed a legendary token on the ground! He was pretty happy to find a Kingpin and bonus Venom inside.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    Oh, was Wolverine in that fight? My 5/3/5 lvl 278 Deadpool was playing with his swords, and suddenly noticed a legendary token on the ground! He was pretty happy to find a Kingpin and bonus Venom inside.
    Yeah pretty much this, although mine's only 5/3/5 lvl 147.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Two tries for my 3/2/5 lvl 192 Wade. First time there were too many black matches to deny and I got hit with a surgical strike, plus a few X's for good measure. Second time around I was able to fire a couple of countdowns and deny black which put XFW down.

It really bothers me that: 1. Deadpool's red is SO expensive that I hardly ever get to fire it, ever, in any match; and 2. Neither versions of Deadpool get to use their guns.  :/

Regardless, the token was a red for JJ bringing her to 4/3/2.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrKasady said:
    It really bothers me that: 1. Deadpool's red is SO expensive that I hardly ever get to fire it, ever, in any match; and 2. Neither versions of Deadpool get to use their guns.  :/

Depends on the match, I guess. And when you do get it off, he often downs someone and heals back up to near full (at 5 ranks anyways).

I dunno. Guns make for pretty boring powers. Just ask Mystique.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    DAZ0273 said:

X-Force Wolverine – I will never besmirch you again

Yeah, XFW is a pretty darn good 3-star.
    Lol! I dunno what that says about Deadpool then..
  • Dormammu
    Deadpool is a solid support character at the 4-star tier who would benefit from a bit more health and a less expensive red. He's squishy but can do some things (namely create countdowns) that can be put to great use on certain teams. He really shouldn't be judged as a solo act since one of his powers requires teammates to be present.

XFW is a 3-star with four stars on his cover. At level 295 my XFW has 12k health. That's low even for a 3-star. HIs green does 1500 damage, which is low output for a 3-star, and the tile destruction is a liability in the current meta of special tiles. His yellow is one of the worst true-heals in the game, far outclassed by his 3-star counterpart (Patch). His black is XFW's one saving grace, but its expensive and dependent on the enemy's strongest color being present - which it often isn't if said enemy is an active (non-goon) matcher.