Simulator Love

Options
I want to give some love to The Simulator event.  I used to hate that thing with a passion.  I’ve come around on it the last few runs.  I appreciate how they constantly update the nodes with new charachters.  I learned a lot about them by having to fight against them.  It doesn’t feel like the usual PVE grind to me.  Good job devs!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always liked Simulator. It is harder than a lot of other events, but it's a really nice change of pace. Especially now that 5* Gambit isn't in like half the nodes ;)
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    While you're in 3 land this event is the bane of your existence however once you're well established in 4 land it's a lot of fun for it's variety and for a break in the goon/Dark Avenger monotony.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've always liked Simulator. It is harder than a lot of other events, but it's a really nice change of pace. Especially now that 5* Gambit isn't in like half the nodes ;)
    Definitely a direct relationship there, I agree.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There were a few challenging nodes in this event, but I really enjoyed it this time out.  It was nice to see how versatile Iron Spidey can be.  I made sure to take him out first in that node, after the first round against them took an eternity.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't underestimate the power of the boosted list... This week there is some pretty good synergy between boosted (4*) characters I think, with a 4* team of Blade/Medusa/Gamora everything becomes a lot easier and/or more fun. Made this run of Sim a lot better in my opinion, where otherwise I am not a big fan.

Btw, I wholeheartedly agree that X-Men Sim was an abomination that should never be visited again.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    While you're in 3 land this event is the bane of your existence however once you're well established in 4 land it's a lot of fun for it's variety and for a break in the goon/Dark Avenger monotony.
    Disagree wholeheartedly.  This game is already an endless run of grinding, and I grind in a lot of these types of games (not a lot of games all at once, this is my one of choice currently) and with trying to do PVE and PVP at least for decent prizes in each, having goons makes the PVE events less of a slog.  When you have to wait for the AI move every turn in PVP AND PVE, it makes MPQing more of a chore