*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• As I said in several clone threads, before anything else make the traps independent. It's ridiculous they are removed with DD gone and not explode if he's stunned. Only the replacement on friendly match should depend on active DD presense.
  • The prob with traps is that RNG causes low chance. So my solution would be to increase the chance by spawning 2 (maybe 3) traps per cast. Power is cut in half for each one.

I agree with previous suggestions of switching it to purple and traps staying after he dies.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Recently got my last cover for DD he is at 5-4-4 probably not the best or worst. For teams seems like people like patch & loki right away i was thinking hood & loki would be good too if you just wanted to try and pump out traps and shuffle them around to be annoying.
  • I don't know if it's a recent change, but I was using Daredevil for fun in a random mission, and when the enemy did a four match that destroyed my trap.... it triggered! I don't remember this happening before. Will try and duplicate to confirm. If that's the case, he's MUCH more useful- it would ensure that cascades will frequently help YOU out rather than the enemy.
  • Lanik wrote:
    I don't know if it's a recent change, but I was using Daredevil for fun in a random mission, and when the enemy did a four match that destroyed my trap.... it triggered! I don't remember this happening before. Will try and duplicate to confirm. If that's the case, he's MUCH more useful- it would ensure that cascades will frequently help YOU out rather than the enemy.

yep, it has always been this way
  • So just thinking about this character a little bit. This is what I think would make him a much cooler more relevant cover without totally changing his concept.

He still has 3 moves. Red / blue / pink
    All 3 moves function / level the same style (that is kinda the weird part
    Red is damage
    Blue is stun
    Pink is ap steal

Lvl 1 - does x amount of damage / stuns team for 1 turn / steals 1 ap of all colors - 12 ap
    Lvl 2 - costs 11ap
    Lvl 3 - damage increased / stuns for 2 turns / steals 2 of all ap
    Lvl 4 - costs 10ap
    Lvl 5- damage becomes aoe / stuns + deals x amount of damage / steals 3 of all ap

The last big difference would be that there is no designated color for traps. Any skill could land on any color.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Was using DD in a mission in JuggerHard and I observed Ragnarouk's Thunderclap did not disarm DD's trap. Has anything changed? I could've sworn the trap would have been disarmed in the past.
  • I have DD but seldom use it for pvp. take way too long for match to end. they should consider lowering cost to 6 instead of 7ap. and remove 1 of the trap skills to 1 active skill we can use....
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im just curious. Has anyone faced off against a high lvl DD in PvP? I for one, especially with my team, would be very leary going into a match like that, especially if I used red and blue, because if you match one of those on accident, especially red, boom, health pack enroute.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    Im just curious. Has anyone faced off against a high lvl DD in PvP? I for one, especially with my team, would be very leary going into a match like that, especially if I used red and blue, because if you match one of those on accident, especially red, boom, health pack enroute.

Not only that, but if you have players that rely on cascades (C.Mags, GSBW, Rags) they can trigger the trap while cascading the board. Happened to me once when I was playing with GSBW.

I wasn't being very mindful of it, it might have gone differently if I took better care in where I place my shot/tiles.
  • For fun I did a couple of PvPs where I used DD and Doom (go ahead and match that demon, punk... make my day) but I didn't get many defense losses so obviously it wasn't effective icon_lol.gif
  • In all honesty, DD is prolly the first multi-cover 3* character I will get rid of.

Traps are just too fragile, and a character that does ONLY traps is even moreso.

Needs major changes to live up to the 3* rarity/cost.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Yes. Nobody plays him now, but I faced a lot of them back when he was new. I've never triggered his red once out of hundreds of activations, it's trash.

Even if you overestimate it and say you trigger the trap 10% of the time, I'd still rather face those odds than a 100% chance of dealing 30% as much damage. On top of that, his other two skills don't do anything at all. He might have some value defensively because he's a good character for stealing random wins, but smart players will attack you relentlessly if they see a DD on your team, so you'll probably lose more points than you gain. You'd need to be shielded to reap the benefits.

TLDR: Just play M.Hawkeye instead.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I sometimes use him for defense or when playing a tournament just for progression rewards. Last time he was only at about level 65 (4/3/4) but I managed a 20-25% defense win percentage (two wins, not sure the exact attack count).

Saw two at around level 100 in a recent PVP but I fought him first just to avoid a wipe from bad luck or not paying enough attention.
  • I don't know about anyone else (well from reading I guess I do) but I think this guy has loads of potential. Unfortunately, probably not until lvl 100 or higher. But I used him in some PVE event and his abilities come up often enough that the board can littered with his tiles, which of course didn't help too much against low levels since they died anyway but whatever, I hadn't had my coffee yet. But I've also been against a buffed DD in PVE and he hurts. So I'm really looking forward to maxing this guy. Sometimes in the distant future by the looks of it, but still!
  • Phaserhawk
    I have played 4 matches now with Daredevil as a requirement, and all 4 games after using his Red Ambush, it was placed in a useable area and the AI triggered the next turn after activation.

WARNING!!!
    DO NOT BE SUCKERED BY THIS. This will never happen in PvP. Just a heads up for those even thinking about leveling their Daredevil icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • So... it's a trap?
  • Phaserhawk
    So... it's a trap?

You need to say it in your best Ackbar voice...."Its a TRAP"!!!
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    So... it's a trap?

Wait, is everyone else's brain not hardwired to use his voice when reading those words?
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    So... it's a trap?

Wait, is everyone else's brain not hardwired to use his voice when reading those words?

I know mine is.

My son is 2.5 and we've already watched the original Trilogy together. I routinely quiz him on different Star Wars characters (Superheroes too).
    Whenever I say "who's this?" pointing at the esteemed Admiral Ackbar his response is "Eekbar! Iss trap!"