Training Grounds

Options
2»

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad said:
    One problem with testing Standard decks against Legacy is that  you have no idea what the Standard Metagame is, and you get no good ideas for fresh Standard Archetypes.

I completely agree. Hence the push on the player base's side of things to get D3/Oktagon to get a standard version of TG up and running quite some time now.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    EDHdad said:
    One problem with testing Standard decks against Legacy is that  you have no idea what the Standard Metagame is, and you get no good ideas for fresh Standard Archetypes.

I completely agree. Hence the push on the player base's side of things to get D3/Oktagon to get a standard version of TG up and running quite some time now.
    To be fair, Across Ixalan is "sorta/kinda" it.

But realistically, it's hard to call it that when it's only the realm of free for Platinum only, and also color limited on a cycle.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    James13 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    EDHdad said:

To be fair, Across Ixalan is "sorta/kinda" it.

But realistically, it's hard to call it that when it's only the realm of free for Platinum only, and also color limited on a cycle.

I primarily use Across Ixalan as a TG proxy, though it has a number of board effects that skew testing.  It's a good way to see other Standard decks, though an increasing number of people seem to just play Bolas Omniscience decks three days a week. =)
  • Eglyntine
    Eglyntine Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    yes...yes...it's nice to leave the viscous event contest to come back to the relaxing, tranquil training fields of-- "Oh my gawd that rookie just cast an Emrakul!!"

Sometimes I really wish we could write in caps :/
    Its much more relaxing when you're the rookie casting an Emrakul.  Preferably several at once.

Thats terrible.  Emrakul should never be summoned.  I would never condone that.
    Don't you deny it, you're a closet pastafarian.  Own it ;)

on topic: I'd say training grounds is oversaturated with overpowered decks and there's nowhere to try out new decks, but then I remembered Story Mode Chapter 1 still exists
    If you want to test your deck against a vicious PW environment try the Heroic Encounters - Any of the individual PW's Chapters in Story Mode. And you get 250 MR instead of 100.  😁🤔😱