***** Spider-Man (Peter Parker) *****

1235»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:
    Is Spidey bugged ? I had 5 web tiles multiple times and only created 1 critical tile. What gives ? Description of red says 5 or more...

Nevermind... I read that you need 6. Misleading description.
    Not sure why it's worded that way. The key seems to be having 3 web tiles out, which is much easier to do when blue or red is at 4-5. Once you throw out your blue, you have 6 webs and you're ready to start hitting crazy cascades.
    After testing the ability again, 6 web tiles are not always enough. So the ability goes like this: on activation it deals the damage and then checks if you have more than 3 web tiles. If you have, it make one critical AND makes any match that may occur from that. Only after, it will evaluate if you have 5 or more web tiles. 

So if you're unlucky and create a cascade from the first critical and destroy any of your other 5 tiles, the second condition doesn't match anymore.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    D4Ni13 said:
    After testing the ability again, 6 web tiles are not always enough. So the ability goes like this: on activation it deals the damage and then checks if you have more than 3 web tiles. If you have, it make one critical AND makes any match that may occur from that. Only after, it will evaluate if you have 5 or more web tiles. 

So if you're unlucky and create a cascade from the first critical and destroy any of your other 5 tiles, the second condition doesn't match anymore.
    This makes sense, and would explain why I've only been getting one critical tile at times. Good to know!
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    After champing Spidey a little over a week ago, he is by far my favorite character in the game. At 4/5/4, he is more than able to hold his own with his awesome green (around 37k damage with 6 webs), and his ridiculously hard hitting red (anywhere from 30-50K damage if you get lucky with crit tiles). I just champed Miles today, and it honestly doesn't even seem fair. Miles and Spidey paired up generate a silly amount of webs, which means the AI will be earning AP for you with most matches. It's not hard at all to keep the enemy team stun locked while you bash them to bits. I didn't think anyone would push Thanos out of the top dog position for me, but Spidey is king!
  • D4Ni13
    After champing Spidey a little over a week ago, he is by far my favorite character in the game. At 4/5/4, he is more than able to hold his own with his awesome green (around 37k damage with 6 webs), and his ridiculously hard hitting red (anywhere from 30-50K damage if you get lucky with crit tiles). I just champed Miles today, and it honestly doesn't even seem fair. Miles and Spidey paired up generate a silly amount of webs, which means the AI will be earning AP for you with most matches. It's not hard at all to keep the enemy team stun locked while you bash them to bits. I didn't think anyone would push Thanos out of the top dog position for me, but Spidey is king!
    Nice too hear that. He is my current favored 5*, and although it will take a lot of time to cover him, I'm glad that I made a good choice in that department. I'm also a fan of Spidey so finally having a good version in MPQ is really great news.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Can echo the cactus. I do feel like he needs Miles, but he's heaps fun to play.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    ronin-san said:
    Can echo the cactus. I do feel like he needs Miles, but he's heaps fun to play.
    Miles accelerates him for sure, but as long as you can balance his webs, you're good. Just remember, all Spidey needs is 6 webs to work his magic. At 4/5/4, he puts out 2, and if you match one, you'll have three. Use his blue, and you have six. If one gets matched, you'll have 5, but don't forget to carry the remainder. Throw Miles in to add 1.618 webs, then you got the golden ratio in the mix. Use Miles' purple, then Spidey's blue, then his passive red, but NOT before Miles' yellow...I lost my train of thought. Here, Scott Steiner can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI
  • Cactus_Jack_87

Man, I am loving my champed 5* Spidey. I couldn't find any Youtube videos that showed him off, so I thought I'd make one. Yes, I know I suck and I missed a match 4, so I don't want to hear it! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLNzT1hX_3Q&feature=youtu.be

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor

Man, I am loving my champed 5* Spidey. I couldn't find any Youtube videos that showed him off, so I thought I'd make one. Yes, I know I suck and I missed a match 4, so I don't want to hear it! :D

Thanks for your video! Seems like Spidey can stand his ground in 5* tier. I can´t wait to pull my hoard in a few weeks!
  • D4Ni13

I was searching for him in action and never found any video on him. Thank you ! :smiley:

• Cactus_Jack_87
    D4Ni13 said:

I was searching for him in action and never found any video on him. Thank you ! :smiley:

No problem! I probably didn't do a great job at showing Spidey's full strength, since he was teamed up with Thanos and Carol. I'll try to make another one soon of him teamed up with Vulture and Miles so I can really show off his powers.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    oops, tried to delete this comment
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Since I put 10 champ levels on Spidey last week, I thought I'd make a new video, this time with Vulture and Miles. This one really shows off his powers a bit more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6gPsA0FkK0

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is the better build 3/5/5 or 4/5/4?  I just pulled my 13th cover and need to swap a green.  Very happy though.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    bluewolf said:
    Is the better build 3/5/5 or 4/5/4?  I just pulled my 13th cover and need to swap a green.  Very happy though.
    4/5/4 is the best build, and this is why:

You generate 2 webs with the passive, remove 1 so next turn you'll have 3 webs on the board.
    Use blue so that you have now 6 webs which is what you want for red.
    Use red and you'll make a crit and then, still 5 webs out so you make 2 more crits.

Its hard to get the 2nd condition on red to trigger without being at 4/5/4 (or it requires Miles/Gwen or triple casting blue)

• Cactus_Jack_87
    mexus said:
    How useful would a level 360 Spider Man be for a 4* player at cover spread: 1-2-4?
    Pretty lame huh?
    Paired up with boosted Miles, Parker's red will still be able to hit like a truck. Just make sure there are at least 6 web tiles on the board when you use it.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    How useful would a level 360 Spider Man be for a 4* player at cover spread: 1-2-4?
    Pretty lame huh?
    Paired up with boosted Miles, Parker's red will still be able to hit like a truck. Just make sure there are at least 6 web tiles on the board when you use it.
    Hmmmmm, I don't have Miles at a good level yet.
    Thing is I never used a 5*. Parker is the one I have most covers for and I was thinking how high I could level him without sabotaging my MMR. If a level 360 Parker means he will screw my game up and still don't be able to hit harder than a champed 4* I won't touch him yet.
    At 1/2/4, I wouldn't advise leveling him up yet. Wait until Vulture feeds you some more covers, and get your other web users leveled up.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure when it happened, but order of operations changed. Web Shot now checks for 5 webs first, makes 2 crits, then checks for 3 webs to make the 1 crit. Stealth buff? Now you only need 5 webs out to (hopefully) get full effect.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    Not sure when it happened, but order of operations changed. Web Shot now checks for 5 webs first, makes 2 crits, then checks for 3 webs to make the 1 crit. Stealth buff? Now you only need 5 webs out to (hopefully) get full effect.

So the magic number is now 5 tiles. Does this change his best build? Obviously 6 makes it more likely to have 3 after resolving the first two crits but how much?

4 Blue:
    Can hit 5 web tiles with one use without requiring matching a web tile.
    Can hit 6 web tiles with one use after matching one web tile (Requires enemy to not match remaining tile).
    ~2k damage less on red (Around level 450)

3 Blue:
    Can hit 5 web tiles with one use after matching one web tile (Requires enemy to not match remaining tile)
    2k damage more on red (Around level 450)

I think the best build remains 4/5/4 due to not having to "wait" a turn matching a web tile to get 3 from passive before going off. However if you have already gotten super used to that play pattern of get 3 from passive then upping the red will likely result in more damage most of the time (when the 2 crit tiles don`t destroy any of the remaining 3 web tiles).
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2020
    Long time no talk. Any other self sustaining characters out there in 5* land to add to Parker? I literally just champed him years after release. 

I know Okoye or Apoc would be fine, but I would love some other ideas than those states here and within this thread as we are now 2.5 years from that last post.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Nicely done brother! Cannot wait until they rebuff Spidey @IceIX :)