Writing the First Chapter of My Novel....or Things to do During the Backup Plan Sub

Options
ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
Immortal....

Brutal....

Malevolent....

.....at the beginning of every match. These are good adjectives to describe the actual game play in the Backup Plan sub for this event.

It got me to thinking of the ways that we can multi-task and be more efficient for this sub. 

Example: I can wake up later for my clears, since I can brew my coffee while waiting for the Nameless Ones to proc their tiles!

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I spend the time fuming over the fact that the Brutal ability isn't the one that the Brutes have. What's the point of Brutes that aren't Brutal?
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I spend the time fuming over the fact that the Brutal ability isn't the one that the Brutes have. What's the point of Brutes that aren't Brutal?
    They might be brutish rather than brutal...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    They might be brutish rather than brutal...
    Et Tu Brutus?  (or Bluto....)
    Image result for popeye brutus
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ZeroKarma said:
    This absolutely deserves to be brought back up again! There has to be a way to fix this sub. 

Compared to the first sub, I spent approximately 33% more time clearing Backup Plan this morning. And the first sub HAD WAVES!

Now, if this were a function of difficulty, then I could see it. If there were more wave nodes, I could totally understand. If I had to change my roster for each node to optimize my performance that would be ok!

No. I'm simply waiting for each of the Mindless Ones to mindlessly place special tiles. Each with their own banner. 

Could it happen automatically like with Rockett and Groot? Yes! Just one single time. 

And perhaps the coup de grace in this event? 4* Luke Cage is required. So not only do you have to wait at the beginning of each match for special tiles to be placed, you also have to wait for Luke to place his special tiles 25 times in the loaner node. The good part? You don't take any damage ever, so you're never in danger of losing. The bad side is that we have the most boring event in the game, made even more boring by the essential character choices right before the anniversary. 

Please someone fix this!

I tried to like this 50 times but it only let me do it once 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use Jessica and Valkyrie. She just throws them out the window before they can do much. But the Join forces node, shudder.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My morning clears suffered because the time between turns caused my eyelids to droop to the point of nodding off.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The join forces node for the first day was a killer. It took me 3 or 4 minutes because both teams are spamming abilities and tiles. Oh my!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The join forces node, yellow node, should be a 1 play only locking node.  These can be bruta, like this event, and really doesn’t do much for the game or event.  Really wish they would make these a 1 time locked node OR update them to remove the 2* and put in the 5*.  That would be a welcomed change and would also show case 5*
    to people that don’t have them.   
    Really like this idea. The node on the first day wasn’t fun at all but the second day.......totally made me give up on placement. They had a very strong protect tile in the corner and it took me 7 minutes to clear it. So frustrating.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least this one had someone who can potentially deal with Special Tiles. It's not like that run of FFW with Nico as the Required 4*, and neither the 2* or 3* having any options there. I think one clear of that one took me over 20 minutes, if I'm remembering correctly.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The join forces node, yellow node, should be a 1 play only locking node.  These can be bruta, like this event, and really doesn’t do much for the game or event.  Really wish they would make these a 1 time locked node OR update them to remove the 2* and put in the 5*.  That would be a welcomed change and would also show case 5*
    to people that don’t have them.   
    Really like this idea. The node on the first day wasn’t fun at all but the second day.......totally made me give up on placement. They had a very strong protect tile in the corner and it took me 7 minutes to clear it. So frustrating.
    Since like every 5* player and their mom is in my bracket this event I gave up on placement. Just going through the motions to clear these and get max progression. This event is taking forever to clear omg. I mean right now I would give someone 1,000 hp to finish sub 2 and 3 for me.
  • Acemontiero
    Acemontiero Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I had some real life stuff going on that prevented me from joining my normal bracket this time around. Thought there would be less 5* people trying hard (since I missed the first sub entirely) and maybe I could luck out and get all three remaining covers I need for Emma... But apparently she's a desirable 4* to them for the upcoming Shield training. Go figure, lol. My final clear for sub #2 took >45 minutes, which feels awful. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot what a PITA the Join Forces node is in that sub and started grinds with what I thought was about 5 minutes to spare. Ended up being, uh, 15 seconds to spare.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This PVE is one of the worst, thats what happen when you combine two of the worst enemies in the game (symbiotes and mindless ones).

Their non-stop spam, the banners, the tile buffing etc, its just so slow to play and gets very boring,