Where did all the coalitions go?

Options
13»

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They restored it from a backup. Anything that happened after the backup, like kicking people, needs to be redone manually. Luckily the backup was after the last event, so there aren't too many changes and people mostly know what to do.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder how it happened...
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My guess is overzealous testing of this upcoming feature:
    When can we expect to see an option to pass the crown of Coalition Leadership from one player to another?
    We are adding this feature in 2.8, alongside the next set of Magic: the Gathering - Puzzle Quest
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Volrak said:
    When can we expect to see an option to pass the crown of Coalition Leadership from one player to another?
    We are adding this feature in 2.8, alongside the next set of Magic: the Gathering - Puzzle Quest
    That'd also explain the really short reaction time in between bug and fix. 90% of my coalition Slack didn't even realize that.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Volrak said:
    haha looks like they had a "Oh Tinykitty!" moment.

what are the benefits of passing the crown?  Aside from salvaging a coalition if it's leader becomes inactive...though I'm not sure how you would do that if the leader just stops playing, and frankly I'm not too comfortable with the idea of just being able to have the crown involuntarily taken from a player.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Volrak said:
    haha looks like they had a "OH TINYKITTY!" moment.

what are the benefits of passing the crown?  Aside from salvaging a coalition if it's leader becomes inactive...though I'm not sure how you would do that if the leader just stops playing, and frankly I'm not too comfortable with the idea of just being able to have the crown involuntarily taken from a player.
    Maybe it'll work as a type of reward? Whoever has the crown gets 1.5x runes per win, so it's like a nice incentive to do well because you get the crown for the week?

Now that I write this out, that'd be a good feature for coalitions to have to give out to new members. Would help new players catch up that little bit faster to their coalition members.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Please keep posts on topic — new discussions, such as the crown passing feature should be discussed in their own threads in the appropriate sub forum [//MOD MIC OFF]
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure if they're adding some sort of crown pass if the leader's inactive, but right now if the leader wants to step down, they can't choose the next leader, it just goes to the remaining player with the most points. I assume they're adding the option to choose the next leader without going through customer service.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    DBJones said:
    I'm not sure if they're adding some sort of crown pass if the leader's inactive, but right now if the leader wants to step down, they can't choose the next leader, it just goes to the remaining player with the most points. I assume they're adding the option to choose the next leader without going through customer service.
    I'll make a new thread for this
  • bk1234
    Options
    Update, Tuesday, June 19th 9:55 AM EST, many are experiencing this bug again. Please report here. 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    Update, Tuesday, June 19th 9:55 AM EST, many are experiencing this bug again. Please report here. 
    GAAAH!  It's MTGPocalypse Season 2!!

We're all fine though guys, just sit tight and they'll put us back nice :smile:

Does that mean though that we shouldn't play anymore because a reset will erase any further progress from this point?
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    Options
    bken1234 said:

Does that mean though that we shouldn't play anymore because a reset will erase any further progress from this point?

I don't remember seeing anyone complain about some personal progression being erased last time

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seems completely gone.  Was working yesterday but pooped out since then.  We were not top end, but usually scored in the 30ish range, would be nice if our coalition reappeared.
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    No it seems that only the coalition timeline is put back a bit, personal progress is untouched.
  • bk1234
    Options
    [MOD NOTE] Moved from general board and merged with existing bug thread [//]
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Thésée said:
    bken1234 said:

I don't remember seeing anyone complain about some personal progression being erased last time

I remember it being discussed that the fix was via a reset from a backed up save of mtgpq, but unconfirmed whether personal progress was effected.

Maybe I missed something tho...I was too busy dealing with the PTSD of losing my crown ;)
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thésée said:
    bken1234 said:

I remember it being discussed that the fix was via a reset from a backed up save of mtgpq, but unconfirmed whether personal progress was effected.

Maybe I missed something tho...I was too busy dealing with the PTSD of losing my crown ;)

:/ I don't have one

• bk1234
    Options
    Thésée said:
    Thésée said:
    bken1234 said:

:/ I don't have one

I don't want one!