Please nerf the Power Stone before release

2»

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

<snip>

You are misunderstanding 'once per turn'. It doesn't check once per turn (first match) but rather only fires once per turn.

So if you get a cascade and it doesn't fire on the first match, it has a 12% chance to fire on the 2nd one and so on. Once it fires, it can't fire again till the next turn.

So a cascade increase the chance of it firing a power for free.

It's huge because there is no cost and if you equip it to the right character (no one's putting it on Colossus obviously) it can be game breaking.

KGB
    Ooh, that's interesting, and a nuance I thought beyond the devs.  Do we have confirmation that this is actually how it works?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    bluewolf said:
     But the ROI of time/rewards is a lot better for PVP vs PVP, although hitting the top scores for PVP can obviously be time consuming.
    I've heard this sentiment before but it's never really made sense to me.  It seems to me the PvE rewards are generally better.  More covers and CP from progression , the 4* placement requirement is lower (especially for SCL9), the only thing PvP seems to have over it is the season rewards.  From my experience just hitting PvP placement usually puts gets me max season progression and rank of about 60.  Sure getting the upper levels of placement would get another 5 HTs and 1 LT, but does that trump getting covers for the 4*s for top placement each PvE?  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
     But the ROI of time/rewards is a lot better for PVP vs PVP, although hitting the top scores for PVP can obviously be time consuming.
    I've heard this sentiment before but it's never really made sense to me.  It seems to me the PvE rewards are generally better.  More covers and CP from progression , the 4* placement requirement is lower (especially for SCL9), the only thing PvP seems to have over it is the season rewards.  From my experience just hitting PvP placement usually puts gets me max season progression and rank of about 60.  Sure getting the upper levels of placement would get another 5 HTs and 1 LT, but does that trump getting covers for the 4*s for top placement each PvE?  
    No one can help you in pvp if your not willing to take advantage of the tools that are available.

but overall high level pvp is shorter in time and effort than high level pve.

plenty of people can play for placements on 3 shields or less.  

On avg the best pve players in the game are avg 45-75 min a day in pve.  Thats more than enough time for those exact same players to compete for T5 placements in scl7,8,9.