Casting Issues

Options
FindingHeart8
FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
Anyone else notice when you match gems that sometimes you're not able to cast spells that have full mana (that have applicable targets) until the following turn?  That delay has made the difference in winning/losing a game.

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    Options
    Perhaps a part of this is cards like Walk the Plank not being able to target your own non-merfolk creatures, even though they should be able to
  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It could be that your creatures are already attacking? Some creatures like Radha gives mana when attacking. Spells filled this way won't cast until the next turn.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Larz70 makes a good point. @FindingHeart8 do you recall if you had any creatures that give mana when attacking or upon being Destroyed?
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Larz70 makes a good point. @FindingHeart8 do you recall if you had any creatures that give mana when attacking or upon being Destroyed?

It was right after gem swaps, so before creature destruction and attack.

I originally noticed this error shortly after Rivals was released, so it would have been before Radha as well.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 Do you recall which spells were specifically not casting, even though they had full mana?
  • FindingHeart8
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Walk the Plank was one of them (no merfolk in play.  I know this card is glitched because you're supposed to be able to target any non-merfolk creature, but you can only target your opponents non-merfolk creatures).

Settle the Score

Desert of the Mindful

Thunderherd Migration

Beneath the Sands

Reason/Believe

All of these cards would cast on the next turn, but not right after when I did a gem swap.  I looked at every support on the board, as well as my opponents creatures (ex: making sure the Azor Sphinx that shuts down casting spells) to see if there was a reason behind this, there was no reason :/
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Walk the Plank was one of them (no merfolk in play.  I know this card is glitched because you're supposed to be able to target any non-merfolk creature, but you can only target your opponents non-merfolk creatures).

Settle the Score

Desert of the Mindful

Thunderherd Migration

Beneath the Sands

Reason/Believe

All of these cards would cast on the next turn, but not right after when I did a gem swap.  I looked at every support on the board, as well as my opponents creatures (ex: making sure the Azor Sphinx that shuts down casting spells) to see if there was a reason behind this, there was no reason :/
    I'm not sure for settle the score, but the others in your list work correctly in my experience
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    gogol666 said:

Settle the Score

Desert of the Mindful

Thunderherd Migration

Beneath the Sands

Reason/Believe

I'm not sure for settle the score, but the others in your list work correctly in my experience
    it's a hit or a miss for me really.  Like 80% of the games the cards work as intended, but 20% there's that 1 turn delay before casting.  maybe it'll just go away with one of the updates though