Favorite Character Cinematic?

Jesus Jones
Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
I had turned the cinematics off on the game for a while then I realized that I wasn't enjoying it as much as I used to so I put them back on.  I hadn't realized how integral that part of the game was to me until I went without it.  That got me thinking, who has the best cinematics in the game?  I don't have every character in my roster, nor do I use them all but I think for me, I think my top three go to;
1. Strange - Flames of the Faltine
2. Gambit - Any of them..
3. 5Spidey - Web Shot

What are some of your favorites?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked most of them, when I saw them.  How I lament the change to turn them off.  I know a lot of people wanted that but they should have fixed the speed based aspects of the game vs giving the players an option to give themselves a competitive advantage in exchange for quality of the game.  Sure I could keep animations on but I'd be shooting my own game progression in the foot.  I guess it comes down to what's more important, winning or having fun and I've begrudgingly chosen winning.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I play with animations on, all the time. I tried playing a whole PvE sub with them off once and hated it - I had a hard time figuring out what was going on and often missed important things. That was the last time I did that. I don't play this game because I'm a match-3 junkie, I play it because I'm a Marvel junkie. Seeing my favorite characters do their thing is very important to my enjoyment of MPQ.

But, to answer your question...
    1) Jessica Jones, Damning Evidence (blue) - the sound effect is as good as the graphics. It's often a surprise when this triggers, adding to the ambiance of Jessica catching that perfect moment with her shutter.
    2) Agent Venom, Symbiotic Assault (red) - he looks so cool with all those guns all over him.
    3) Nova, Danger Zone (black) - A simple graphic, yet it conveys so much speed and motion.
    4) Lazy Thor, Thunder Strike (yellow) - I like watching Thor vault forward, Mjolnir in the lead. This is an old classic but it still brings a smile to my face.
    5) Star-Lord (3-star), Bit of Both (green) - Great artwork on his ship. The guns firing are a cool effect.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    In addition to everything Dormammu mentioned:
    Storm's green. All three versions. Such an iconic image, rising into the sky and bringing down the lightning.

Squirrel Girl green: Go, my furry friends, and conquer!

3* Cyclops: Specifically, they way they differentiated between him adjusting his aim on the red and then just cutting loose on the black.

Everything for Riri and America. Seriously. All five of those animations are so awesome.

C4ge's yellow. He's not actually doing anything yet, but there's such a clear "Boy, you just crossed a line that you are going to regret" vibe to it. I particularly like that it changes when you've got Iron Fist with him. 

Speaking of whom, HoboFist's black is pretty epic. I just wish it were timed to flip the Protects to Strikes before the animation itself plays.
  • TPF Alexis
    In addition to everything Dormammu mentioned:
    Storm's green. All three versions. Such an iconic image, rising into the sky and bringing down the lightning.

3* Cyclops: Specifically, they way they differentiated between him adjusting his aim on the red and then just cutting loose on the black.

Everything for Riri and America. Seriously. All five of those animations are so awesome.

C4ge's yellow. He's not actually doing anything yet, but there's such a clear "Boy, you just crossed a line that you are going to regret" vibe to it. I particularly like that it changes when you've got Iron Fist with him. 

Speaking of whom, HoboFist's black is pretty epic. I just wish it were timed to flip the Protects to Strikes before the animation itself plays.
  • Dormammu
    Yes! Love the sound effect there, too.
    Can't believe I forgot Cyclops. Both his versions have fun animations, but I think the 3-star is slightly better.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love all of Hulkbuster's animations.
    All of Cloak & Dagger's animations are similarly well done
    Red Hulk has a great set of animations also, but I really like Gamma Siphon
    I really like Howard the Duck's Bill of Rights. so ridiculous
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I really like Kraven's animations, even though the effects are...underwhelming
    Shuri's Vibranium Virtuoso is awesome too; all the weird little sparkles behind her remind me of the hologram cards in the old Marve Universe trading cards
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    In addition to those already mentioned, I've always liked 3* Blade's black animation.   Both Ant-Man & Wasp's punching animations are also fun.
  • TPF Alexis
    I really like Howard the Duck's Bill of Rights. so ridiculous
    Oh, yeah! His blue has an awesome animation. It's one of the big reasons I'm so frustrated that I can't seem to draw a blue cover for him.
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Browsing the playlist:
    Venom * (Black)
    Spiderman * (Red) **** (Blue & Green) ***** (Green)
    Johnny Storm ** (Black)
    Mr. Fantastic (Black)
    Invisible Woman (Green)
    The Thing (Yellow)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    4) Lazy Thor, Thunder Strike (yellow) - I like watching Thor vault forward, Mjolnir in the lead. This is an old classic but it still brings a smile to my face.
    Ah, back in the age of innocence when we had lazy cap, thor, storm, daken... brings back memories...

Anywho, non exhaustive list, trying not to repeat...:
    3*
    Switch purple

4*
    Sandman green 
    Nova black (when you have too many strike tiles out)
    Nightcrawler blue
    Moonie green
    Bobbi red
    Teen Jean green

5*
    Doc Ock green (only cause it's so hard to pull off the insta-win and his pose is how you feel when you pull it off :) )
    Cap Beardy yellow (i think it's hilarious, i imagine a choir singing in the background)
    Phoenix red 

As previosuly mentioned, Howard Blue - I always imagine him saying wah, Wah, WAH!!!!

Worst, 5* BP yellow, the least they could do was make the claw marks go through the board instead of a barely noticeable will o'wisp (ooo that'd be a left field joke support) on the affected enemy

• Dormammu
    Ah, back in the age of innocence when we had lazy cap, thor, storm, daken... brings back memories...
    He wasn't Lazy Cap, he was Shieldbro!  ;) Don't forget Baglady... Fishnets...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Dormammu said:
    He wasn't Lazy Cap, he was Shieldbro!  ;) Don't forget Baglady... Fishnets...

Shieldbro, is that anything like facial hair bros? Actually never heard of cap referred that way.  Must have missed that... High five  :D

Image result for mustache bros marvel
  • Dormammu
    One year for April Fools they put code into the forums to replace every character's name with something else. So if you referred to 'Captain America' or 'Cap' or 'Steve Rogers' in a post, that would be automatically replaced by 'Shieldbro', 2-star Widow was 'Fishnets', etc...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Dormammu said:
    One year for April Fools they put code into the forums to replace every character's name with something else. So if you referred to 'Captain America' or 'Cap' or 'Steve Rogers' in a post, that would be automatically replaced by 'Shieldbro', 2-star Widow was 'Fishnets', etc...
    Oh wow, how'd I miss that.  I've been playing since there were hot dog stands... anywho, I think I'll start a new thread to commiserate over the wackiness of yesteryear.  

Back to topic:

4* Miles, yellow and first part of purple (never understood why second part of purple haw him swinging through web confetti...)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogue - Power Siphon
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu said:
    Oh wow, how'd I miss that.  I've been playing since there were hot dog stands... anywho, I think I'll start a new thread to commiserate over the wackiness of yesteryear.  

Back to topic:

4* Miles, yellow and first part of purple (never understood why second part of purple haw him swinging through web confetti...)
    He flies out of the webs in which he was hiding to surprise attack the enemy!
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Definitely this one
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Indeed... 4-GhostR's cinematic does capture nuke epicness  as does Rogue's Power Siphon released.

We also enjoy Moon Knight's Khonshu fist to the face. 4-Pun's Army of One also captures the feeling of nuke.devastation.

We also can't help thinking "You done F'ed up now!" when OML gets the claws out. Also (even though not as devastating), In Black Spidey's car chucking is pretty cool. 
  • TPF Alexis
    I just realized that I somehow forgot one of my all time faves: Kate Bishop's black. The popping in upside down to scope out the situation (somehow without losing her shades), the jumping away from the explosion, it just fits so well, and it's so fun.